The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Around 3 tonne and 240kg on the ball... not driven far, in process of setting it up. Ineos tongue was too low and then too high when turned over. This replacement tongue is getting close.

View attachment 7826690
Around 3 tonne and 240kg on the ball... not driven far, in process of setting it up. Ineos tongue was too low and then too high when turned over. This replacement tongue is getting close.

View attachment 7826690
"Now that's what I call a caravan!" (best Mick Dundee voice)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Just a front one.
3450kg all up (officer!)
My joke fell flat. I was saying that what you were pulling would be used to get you unstuck if it would have happen.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My joke fell flat. I was saying that what you were pulling would be used to get you unstuck if it would have happen.
I see now, was still asleep this morning! :sleep:
I put the winch on for when the CAT gets stuck!! 🤣🤣

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Properly tested the transmission today.
About 17 ton. Only had to tow it a couple hundred yards. Found the limit at the wee slope in the picture. All four wheels spinning no progress.

Nothing broke. Apart from the tractor obviously.

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpeg
    IMG_4810.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 65

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
About 17 ton. Only had to tow it a couple hundred yards. Found the limit at the wee slope in the picture. All four wheels spinning no progress.

That would be bad, that’s the least you can expect ;)

Reactions: PBD

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Impressive! Presumably low range, centre and rear (if specced) diff locked?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Impressive! Presumably low range, centre and rear (if specced) diff locked?
Managed the first section on tarmac with just centre diff, then had to lock the rear diff to get over a speed bump, then unlocked the rear to get round a bend, then both axle locks on to get across the gravel.

Rick Codoak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Or could it be the replacement hinges are a con? Who knows; neither possibility makes sense, why would you design the car to be able to dismantle without permission? At the very least, turning those boltheads will stuff up the paintwork on both bolt and hinge.
aah, another minor mystery to distract us in the absence of car…
The outside bolts of the hinges should not be removed. That will break the paint and if there is corrosion around the hinge that would void the corrosion warranty. Even though the bolts are functional they are installed before the body is painted. To remove the door you should always detach it by removing the inner bolts. Remember that the hinge is steel and the door is aluminium. There is a also membrane seal between the hinge and the door ensuring there is no contact. So I wouldn't install the step on my Grenadier. Then again, if you don't minding the risk it could be a practical option to consider.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
The outside bolts of the hinges should not be removed. That will break the paint and if there is corrosion around the hinge that would void the corrosion warranty. Even though the bolts are functional they are installed before the body is painted. To remove the door you should always detach it by removing the inner bolts. Remember that the hinge is steel and the door is aluminium. There is a also membrane seal between the hinge and the door ensuring there is no contact. So I wouldn't install the step on my Grenadier. Then again, if you don't minding the risk it could be a practical option to consider.
Those hinges and bolts are supposed to be only for show.
Ineos said they are glued on and can't be removed early on.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does Wayne Buckland know you're using his image? ;)
@Tomdoc
Why are you baiting, winking face notwithstanding?

It seems totally inappropriate for a moderator and also completely wide of the mark on a side swipe aimed at an issue revolving around MIS-ATTRIBUTATION.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why are you baiting, winking face notwithstanding?

It seems totally inappropriate for a moderator and also completely wide of the mark on a side swipe aimed at an issue revolving around MIS-ATTRIBUTATION.
I should have noted I had my regular old member hat on, not moderator. And I am wearing that as I write this but will flat out add that being a mod makes me no “better” or more “valuable” than anyone else.

Admittedly that wink was snarky. I initially posted without it but went back and added it. I shouldn’t have done that though - snarky or not it’s a valid question that remains unanswered.

Without going back and actually tracking them all down, you have posted a significant amount of images that you did not take to this forum. Basically this entire thread if I’m honest. And yet, in another thread, you called out a long-standing forum member who was attempting to HELP another member for using one of your images - going so far as asking him to remove it.

I just woke up and haven’t had any caffeinated beverages yet so maybe I should think twice here, but c’mon man. You just don’t get it. You are no more important here than any of us. You’re not special because you’ve posted x, y, or z. You’re not above anyone in any manner - nor am I nor is anyone else. And the one person here who is technically more important than anyone never acts that way. It’s his desire to help others that led to all of this in the first place.

Don’t get me wrong here, your contributions are appreciated, you have certainly added to this community, and I’m glad you are a part of it. But that is how I feel about the other 3,000+ members too - from the lurker who lays low to the person with the most posts.

Written words can be easily mistaken and sometimes we come across in a manner that was not meant. There is no tone to be detected nor facial expressions to indicate a sarcastic joke as opposed to an angry word. I’m guilty of that on both parts here; to be frank, however, we all are.

Thank being said, we’re all on the same side here and are all of equal value. There is no room here for anything other than accepting that reality.

-Michael

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PS- used my real name there. I’m not hiding anything. I live in NJ, USA and can be found on the grunt network set up by @emax. My country flag is real too.

Back
Top Bottom