The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
I should have noted I had my regular old member hat on, not moderator. And I am wearing that as I write this but will flat out add that being a mod makes me no “better” or more “valuable” than anyone else.

Admittedly that wink was snarky. I initially posted without it but went back and added it. I shouldn’t have done that though - snarky or not it’s a valid question that remains unanswered.

Without going back and actually tracking them all down, you have posted a significant amount of images that you did not take to this forum. Basically this entire thread if I’m honest. And yet, in another thread, you called out a long-standing forum member who was attempting to HELP another member for using one of your images - going so far as asking him to remove it.

I just woke up and haven’t had any caffeinated beverages yet so maybe I should think twice here, but c’mon man. You just don’t get it. You are no more important here than any of us. You’re not special because you’ve posted x, y, or z. You’re not above anyone in any manner - nor am I nor is anyone else. And the one person here who is technically more important than anyone never acts that way. It’s his desire to help others that led to all of this in the first place.

Don’t get me wrong here, your contributions are appreciated, you have certainly added to this community, and I’m glad you are a part of it. But that is how I feel about the other 3,000+ members too - from the lurker who lays low to the person with the most posts.

Written words can be easily mistaken and sometimes we come across in a manner that was not meant. There is no tone to be detected nor facial expressions to indicate a sarcastic joke as opposed to an angry word. I’m guilty of that on both parts here; to be frank, however, we all are.

Thank being said, we’re all on the same side here and are all of equal value. There is no room here for anything other than accepting that reality.

-Michael
100% support your comments.....................(well except the one where we are all equal)
For what little my support is worth.
We all must remember that any group of enthusiasts occasionally disagree, which sometimes becomes heated discussion.
Which is then laughed about over a drink, be that beer, scotch, coffee, tea or water (carbonated or still)
there have been just a few times over the last couple of years on here that some people have become bombastic, argumentative and condescending.
We must remember that it is acceptable to disagree without disliking or arguing.
Potentially both parties are wrong.
But then again I could be wrong.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
100% support your comments.....................(well except the one where we are all equal)
For what little my support is worth.
We all must remember that any group of enthusiasts occasionally disagree, which sometimes becomes heated discussion.
Which is then laughed about over a drink, be that beer, scotch, coffee, tea or water (carbonated or still)
there have been just a few times over the last couple of years on here that some people have become bombastic, argumentative and condescending.
We must remember that it is acceptable to disagree without disliking or arguing.
Potentially both parties are wrong.
But then again I could be wrong.
Definitely. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree agreeably

Rick Codoak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
As long as removing them doesn't allow you to take the door off.
Just to make sure there is no confusion. The hinge is attached to the outside of the door using the exposed bolts. This is done at the finishing line in the body shop. So the bolts are real and functional. The body is then electro coated and painted creating a seal. In General Assembly the doors are taken off at the first station by loosening the hinge bolts attached to the body. The window mechanism and door panels are put on and the door are then reinstalled at the end of the General Assembly. If you remove the hinge bolts on the outer part of the door you break the paint seal between the bolt and the hinge allowing for water intrusion that could result in corrosion. What makes it even more critical is that the door is aluminium and the hinge is steel. If you also break the paint seal between the hinge and the door you would have even worse risk of corrosion. So the bolts on the outer hinge are real and functional, they look really cool, and add to the retro look of the vehicle, but they should not be removed. To remove the door you remove the inner bolts. The same goes for the bolts holding the hood/bonnet.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What replacement tongue did you get
Ended up with Mister Hitches MH001HD, with do35 pin can still open rear doors... checks specs to see if suits your trailer. Also just enough room on the shank to fit stonestomper bracket. (So not much further from hitch than original tongue)

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm using Mister Hitches MH004HD. It's reversible so I have it flipped to give a 76mm rise for my hybrid camper which has the D035 hitch mounted on top of the draw bar. I also had to shorten the length of the hitch about 40mm and drill a new hole for the pin. The Ineos receiver is quite shallow.

Attachments

• PXL_20230929_024951315.jpg
    PXL_20230929_024951315.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 134

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Redarc Tow Pro 3 fitted yesterday - very neat job wired to the 13 pin euro plug. I have an adaptor to a 7 pin large - works perfectly - control unit smartly hidden away under rear seat.
That’s clever I think. Hadn’t thought of anywhere other than in front of the right knee.

How much dicking around was it putting it there? Any more than below the dash? I suppose finding it in a hurry above you isn’t that different from low near your knee do you think? Although perhaps you need to take your eyes more off the road.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Redarc Tow Pro 3 fitted yesterday - very neat job wired to the 13 pin euro plug. I have an adaptor to a 7 pin large - works perfectly - control unit smartly hidden away under rear seat.
very neat job. also like the labelling of the switches 👍

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s clever I think. Hadn’t thought of anywhere other than in front of the right knee.

How much dicking around was it putting it there? Any more than below the dash? I suppose finding it in a hurry above you isn’t that different from low near your knee do you think? Although perhaps you need to take your eyes more off the road.
I had it done by the dealer - apparently they just have to extend the wiring a bit - they run it up the A pillar across to the overhead console.
Yeah, took me about a week to decide whether to go RH lower dash or overhead. In the end I decided overhead as I think it looks better and as for operation, it’s just what you get used to - I’m becoming more familiar by the day with flicking overhead switches for my left and right footwell powered devices and roof rack mounted rear view camera - I don’t see it being any different and if you are in a panic situation it may be easier in some respects with the little guard rails there to guide you. Panic would normally be just a push in of the control button anyway.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
I had it done by the dealer - apparently they just have to extend the wiring a bit - they run it up the A pillar across to the overhead console.
Yeah, took me about a week to decide whether to go RH lower dash or overhead. In the end I decided overhead as I think it looks better and as for operation, it’s just what you get used to - I’m becoming more familiar by the day with flicking overhead switches for my left and right footwell powered devices and roof rack mounted rear view camera - I don’t see it being any different and if you are in a panic situation it may be easier in some respects with the little guard rails there to guide you. Panic would normally be just a push in of the control button anyway.
Was labelling also done by the dealer? :unsure:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
No, I did that thanks to your post Jean - you’ve been such a valuable source of info - thanks mate‼️
I was just wondering :), but I like it that people copy my idea. If I find it back I will post the link of my post with the labels here.

Link to labels

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wired up the charging wire for my tipping trailer today, Plugged into the NATO socket. Pleased to report that post update it is all working as it should, powers up in N, D, and R but not P. Which is exactly what I need.

Driver8

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I like this placement. A passenger can easily reach it too if needed while the driver steers the car (thinking trailer sway situation). Thanks for posting pic, I will use this when I get mine eventually.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like this placement. A passenger can easily reach it too if needed while the driver steers the car (thinking trailer sway situation). Thanks for posting pic, I will use this when I get mine eventually.
hadn't thought of that situation 👍

Back
Top Bottom