The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
100% support your comments.....................(well except the one where we are all equal)
For what little my support is worth.
We all must remember that any group of enthusiasts occasionally disagree, which sometimes becomes heated discussion.
Which is then laughed about over a drink, be that beer, scotch, coffee, tea or water (carbonated or still)
there have been just a few times over the last couple of years on here that some people have become bombastic, argumentative and condescending.
We must remember that it is acceptable to disagree without disliking or arguing.
Potentially both parties are wrong.
But then again I could be wrong.
Yes Dave
disagree, but don’t be disagreeable.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone used a weight distribution hitch ?View attachment 7831028
That is the same hitch as I have.
But no Grenadier yet.
depending on tongue weight, when the system is being fine-tuned, it may be a requirement to put coil overs in the rear.

I found that my pick up truck towed much more comfortably with the extra 500 pounds of spring weight in the rear. Progressive coils, of course, so ride quality wasn’t impacted too greatly.

Mick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
That is the same hitch as I have.
But no Grenadier yet.
depending on tongue weight, when the system is being fine-tuned, it may be a requirement to put coil overs in the rear.

I found that my pick up truck towed much more comfortably with the extra 500 pounds of spring weight in the rear. Progressive coils, of course, so ride quality wasn’t impacted too greatly.
First I haven't towed with it yet I was just testing how it would look, I found with 350Kg down force from the caravan the rear springs dropped 50mm and the front springs only went up 10mm. The setup instructions say to adjust the hitch to half the lift at the front springs (5mm) it doesn't seem worth it. also in the photo, hard to see but the bars foul the A frame when turning. The fouling problem is probably only specific to my caravan design so I might not use them, which is a pity because they looked like they would be a good help.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
First I haven't towed with it yet I was just testing how it would look, I found with 350Kg down force from the caravan the rear springs dropped 50mm and the front springs only went up 10mm. The setup instructions say to adjust the hitch to half the lift at the front springs (5mm) it doesn't seem worth it. also in the photo, hard to see but the bars foul the A frame when turning. The fouling problem is probably only specific to my caravan design so I might not use them, which is a pity because they looked like they would be a good help.
I think the bars bind on any tight turn. It’s an awful creaking sound when you pull into the refueling stations.

In my case, during set up and loading, I just leave the bars unhooked until everything is ready to go and then I do the jacking process to install the bars. Getting the trailer situated before you attach the bars really helps with the maneuverability.
They work fantastic towing down the highway, or when the road isn’t perfectly smooth. You can really feel the damping effect on the vehicle and trailer combo.

I won’t comment on whether or not they would work on Australian corrugations.

Mick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks I have listened to his opinion. I have been towing for a few years and have never used a WDH I just wanted to try it out for myself and was seeing if any Grenadier owners are using one.
Used to have them I guess 20 odd years ago or more when they were popular.. best thing I ever did was toss it out and set the vehicle up properly. Perhaps ok on the blacktop but each to their own....😶

Wigs

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7821431
Sat a bit high when hooked on but with a couple of tonnes of heifers it levels out reasonably well.
Tows like its on rails.
Couldn't agree more Rab. Absolutely loving our vehicle, after years of towing with L200's. Its nice to see these vehicles put to test on farm. If there any weakness's we'll soon find out.

Attachments

• grenadier 2023-10-31 at 14.26.20.jpeg
    grenadier 2023-10-31 at 14.26.20.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 31

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Rab. Absolutely loving our vehicle, after years of towing with L200's. Its nice to see these vehicles put to test on farm. If there any weakness's we'll soon find out.
nice barn.

nev7899

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm running 285 70 17 general grabber X3 on Braid Winrace T alloys. Clear at full flex
Hi, I’ve ordered the Winrace S, do you know if they use the same wheel nuts the Grenadier comes fitted with ?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve ordered the Winrace S, do you know if they use the same wheel nuts the Grenadier comes fitted with ?
Winrace T do yes. I Belive the S do too

Bobineos

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I towed my Bailey Unicorn Vigo caravan this week, all electrics were fine including the fridge. The caravan is 7.34m long and weighs something like 1.6 tonnes. It was a breeze to tow having used my Defender TD5 90 previously!
Hi John, sorry to trouble you but your post stated that your caravan fridge worked. So quick question is your 13 pin socket standard as I have been having an on going conversation with IG support over this matter. As I was told I was going to have all 13 pins wired, however when I checked I just had the same 10 pin as most others.
Is there anyone else out there with all 13 pins fitted and wired?
Apologies if you have been questioned on this matter before.
Many thanks B

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John, sorry to trouble you but your post stated that your caravan fridge worked. So quick question is your 13 pin socket standard as I have been having an on going conversation with IG support over this matter. As I was told I was going to have all 13 pins wired, however when I checked I just had the same 10 pin as most others.
Many thanks B
It was my impression that the 13 pin sockets are still only being produced with the 10 pins wired. I haven't actually checked mine because I don't need it I only tow 8 wired trailers. I'll check mine tomorrow to see if it has the full set of pins.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by a very senior exec that all the vehicles going down the assembly line still only have the “10” part wireing loom into the 13 pin plug. Three holes are still blanked off.
Beggars belief!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by a very senior exec that all the vehicles going down the assembly line still only have the “10” part wireing loom into the 13 pin plug. Three holes are still blanked off.
Beggars belief!
That ties in with what I was led to believe. I presume that time and cost and suppliers needed to redesign the loom outways a retrospective remedial fix. It is just Ineos haven't come up with that fix.

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Question for those in the know.
Built in trailer assist Controll light only illuminates if in operation? Eg when wheel Controll is in place. Standard driving with trailer will not indicate illumination? My light is not illuminating that I have noticed when towing or not.
ESC has not been turned off.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks B
Hi B,
Apologies, I missed your posting, I thought that it was all working properly, I will be having my caravan serviced soon and will get them to check what the plug is delivering. Cheers, John

Bobineos

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi B,
Apologies, I missed your posting, I thought that it was all working properly, I will be having my caravan serviced soon and will get them to check what the plug is delivering. Cheers, John
Hi John
Thanks for the reply, just needed to test understanding on the 10/13 pin socket issue. I noticed your post because we have a Bailey caravan, we bought the Ineos purely as a tow car. I even tested the salesman several times on the issue of all 13 pins would be wired. To get the car and find only 10 pins present was a choker.
Just a case of looking in the socket to see if you have 10 or 13 pins, good luck. If you only have 10 and the fridge is working, would love to know how they wired it.
Cheers B

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John
Thanks for the reply, just needed to test understanding on the 10/13 pin socket issue. I noticed your post because we have a Bailey caravan, we bought the Ineos purely as a tow car. I even tested the salesman several times on the issue of all 13 pins would be wired. To get the car and find only 10 pins present was a choker.
Just a case of looking in the socket to see if you have 10 or 13 pins, good luck. If you only have 10 and the fridge is working, would love to know how they wired it.
Cheers B
Hi, You are absolutely right and it is only wired to 10 pins, my dealer has had the same issue with another customer, the fix will cost me £225 and I will get this done. I thought that my fridge was running OK but as I had freezer blocks in for transit, they must have dropped the temperature sufficiently! Cheers, John

Back
Top Bottom