The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Grenadier completed its first 3.5 ton towing mission today. 1 hour away, so plenty of opertunity to get a feel for its manners.
Have to say it excelled. Loads of low down grunt gets you moving with ease, and its super stable. Doesn't get bumped or pushed around at all. Even with the 33 inch mud tires and roof top tent (which hasn't helped my mpg since I put it on but that's another story!) She held 8th gear at 60mph up a long motorway incline.

all in all, as a tow rig its fantastic
View attachment 7815108
bloody marvellous!

8th at 60 uphill is pretty impressive.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
She held 8th gear at 60mph up a long motorway incline.
Be careful doing this for too long - its not good for your gearbox temperatures.
Towing this weight, you would want to manually put it in 6th/7th up inclines.

Is there a way of monitoring gearbox temperatures via the display in the Gren? This would be very handy, as usually it requires a seperate scanguage or something like that.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Be careful doing this for too long - its not good for your gearbox temperatures.

Is there a way of monitoring gearbox temperatures via the display in the Gren? This would be very handy, as usually it requires a seperate scanguage or something like that.
Thanks to @Ingemar video this is what you can monitor
1686106474857.png

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score

Hi Daveman, In the Youtube review link below the reviewer at about 3:20 min into the review mentions that you can see the gear box temperatures on the main screen. Not sure if this includes the automatic transmission or not. Great Review of the Grenadier, worth watching if you have not seen before. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ue2TZQoDQ

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Gearbox temperatures were normal. It wasn't a steep incline, I'm talking about a long steady uphill stretch of motorway. Vehicle wasn't struggling at all

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gearbox temperatures were normal. It wasn't a steep incline, I'm talking about a long steady uphill stretch of motorway. Vehicle wasn't struggling at all
Not the middle bit of the M62 then - that's always a good test when towing...

Reactions: JOB

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not the middle bit of the M62 then - that's always a good test when towing...
Haha no M11 from M25 junction to Stanstead. Its a steady uphill all the way

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also, it's got the newer style hitch receiver tow fixing. Is this a response from Ineos to the issue of the initial towball being too high and is it being fitted now as standard?

Maybe owners that complain will get it swapped out for free?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, it's got the newer style hitch receiver tow fixing. Is this a response from Ineos to the issue of the initial towball being too high and is it being fitted now as standard?

Good spot. I reckon more likely that the agent took it upon himself to fix on his own hitch. Last update on my delivery is 6-8 weeks wog. Wonder what it will/won't come with.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Not a chance, just paid£170 for mine😟

Back
Top Bottom