The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier in US: Overland Expo, Loveland CO Aug 26-28, 2022

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
I see this event on the Ineos’ Twitter feed, but I don’t see them listed on the vendors that will be attending? Anyone know if this is going to happen? Interesting that I haven’t gotten an email about it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
I get regular emails from Overland Expo, and they have some interesting articles.

I imagine it to be a good pitch for Ineos. It's easy to imagine them say they will be there can't be a mistake on their behalf, but the event organisers being a little slow to update their website with a late entry?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone in the US get emails from Ineos about what is happening? I don’t think that I get any, but my spam filter can be vicious. I see twitter posts, but I don’t see them be pro-active in getting info out.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, you are a way off actually getting any vehicles.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, you are a way off actually getting any vehicles.
I know, but things (should) be happening in the EU and you’d think that they would want to tout that. Maybe when they actually start delivering on a regular basis.

I live with in 90 miles of show here. You’d think that they would send something out. My guess it is a 2B (?) model and not an actual production one, but who knows.

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I hope we get confirmation, I need to be in that area around that time for business. I'm all about that two birds one stone thing.

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I sent them an email and this was the response.

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.
The upcoming event to view the vehicle info below:
Overland Expo

The Ranch – Loveland, CO, USA

August 26-28

Click the link to navigate to the website and book ticket

https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtn-west/

NB: The vehicle is not available for test drive yet as it is available to be viewed

I am clearing my schedule to book a flight!

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I know, but things (should) be happening in the EU and you’d think that they would want to tout that. Maybe when they actually start delivering on a regular basis.

I live with in 90 miles of show here. You’d think that they would send something out. My guess it is a 2B (?) model and not an actual production one, but who knows.
If you attend that expo in Loveland, please let us know what you find out (assuming INEOS does have a Grenadier on display). Based on the email that US reservation holders received this week, INEOS has been performing high-altitude testing in Colorado. Perhaps their test mule will be the one that INEOS puts on display at Overland Expo?

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I just booked a ticket and will be there at least the 26th and 27th.

I'm happy to get as much info as I can and if there is anything specific I can try to track that down too.
Awesome. Look forward to what you learn / discover. Enjoy the trip!

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Peeps, posts your questions and I will try to take pics and get answers, I will bring a print out of the questions as well as a measuring tape and camera. I plan to cop a butcher or Robert is your father's brother! No idea if I am saying that right but it makes me want to drink beers.

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Peeps, posts your questions and I will try to take pics and get answers, I will bring a print out of the questions as well as a measuring tape and camera. I plan to cop a butcher or Robert is your father's brother! No idea if I am saying that right but it makes me want to drink beers.
Question for INEOS:
• “What’s the plan and timeline for INEOS’ driving experience centers here in the US?”

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Question for INEOS:
• “What’s the plan and timeline for INEOS’ driving experience centers here in the US?”
I was thinking more along the lines of vehicle inspection however.....

Attachments

• ineos questions.jpg
    ineos questions.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Follow up from Ineos when I asked if we will be able to sit in the vehicle to check ergonomics as I am 6'5"

The vehicle that will be present at the event will be a prototype and not the final production.

You will be allowed to view, sit and your height is also a fit for the vehicle.

Dive into the Detail

Engine, wheels and tyres, colours, interior trims, options, accessories – every product detail is here to browse in your own time. Time to soak up everything the Grenadier has to offer before you commit to the spec you need to get the job done.

Click the link below to view the vehicle brochure:

https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud/api/public/content/Public_brochure_US?v=d262c104

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of vehicle inspection however.....
Adding these:
  • "The configurator states for some accessories that they, 'will be installed post-registration by your chosen retail partner'. How is that planned for in the U.S.? (example: checker plate on the front fenders)
  • "What's the offset (+/-) on the 17" steel wheels?"
  • "Steel bumpers confirmed for the US market?"
  • "Does fitment of the optional front winch have any performance impact on the radiator and turbo intercooler?"
  • "Where will the optional auxiliary battery be located and does it come with an isolator to protect the main vehicle battery?"
  • Some auto bloggers have noted that the hump over the exhaust that protrudes up into the footwell of the right front seat makes it awkward for the person in that seat. (Might be an issue in countries where cars have right-hand drive.) Can you take a picture and tell us what you think?
and...
  • "If you option/select the winch, does INEOS add uprated springs/coils for the front axle?"

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Adding these:
  • "The configurator states for some accessories that they, 'will be installed post-registration by your chosen retail partner'. How is that planned for in the U.S.? (example: checker plate on the front fenders)
  • "What's the offset (+/-) on the 17" steel wheels?"
  • "Steel bumpers confirmed for the US market?"
  • "Does fitment of the optional front winch have any performance impact on the radiator and turbo intercooler?"
  • "Where will the optional auxiliary battery be located and does it come with an isolator to protect the main vehicle battery?"
  • Some auto bloggers have noted that the hump over the exhaust that protrudes up into the footwell of the right front seat makes it awkward for the person in that seat. (Might be an issue in countries where cars have right-hand drive.) Can you take a picture and tell us what you think?
and...
  • "If you option/select the winch, does INEOS add uprated springs/coils for the front axle?"
All of these questions have been asked and answered months ago.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trust, but verify… until they start shipping EU units and give us actual US build sheets, all this is up for grabs to one degree or another.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trust, but verify… until they start shipping EU units and give us actual US build sheets, all this is up for grabs to one degree or another.
There's nothing to stop things changing even after then, in fact I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Wyoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
I received a marketing email from Ineos to register to attend the Overland Expo, happy hour from 5-7 at the Ineos booth. When I attempted to register via the Ineos website I received an error message the my email address "is not recognized." The is the same email address that the invitation was sent to. I question if registration is full or if there is an error preventing everyone from registering?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Didn’t get that. I receive very little from them, I wonder if it is a spam filter thing.

Back
Top Bottom