The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Experience Roadshow in Germany

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
For clarification, I think it is right/OK, as opposed to needs fixing. A little slack is a good thing, and it has to hang somewhere.

It may well pick up on a not uncommon problem with the old Defender, where the electric window winders stopped working and the fault was often in the rubber trunking being too tight/not protective enough/too tight a radius and allowing the cables to break.

If this is a solution to that issue then it's a positive.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can see on earlier versions where they were suffering crush damage:

IMG_20221013_064100.jpg
Screenshot_20221013_064324.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
The problem is occuring because the cable tube enters the door at the bottom or at least too far along the bottom.

Seems an easy fix - the cable tube should enter the door at the side, just below the hinge or at the doors' right angle.
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 5.31.43 pm.png

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
The problem is occuring because the cable tube enters the door at the bottom or at least too far along the bottom.

Seems an easy fix - the cable tube should enter the door at the side, just below the hinge or at the doors' right angle.
View attachment 7794712
One plus to entering the door at the bottom should be less water intrusion to the door from rain runoff.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Even this can be fixed by a overhanging niche in side - like a litte swaged dent, and in there a hole facing upwards so no water entry. Of course the tool that presses the rear doors need to be altered. (adding complexity) perhaps a proper gasket does the same.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I really hope that's not on a sign hung above the production line at Hambach...

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Now I had the opportunity to drive it myself and was so far thrilled, everything seemed even more solid than before in the prototypes I saw. However, there is still room for improvement, such as the unprotected camera, which is not very useful when dirty, and the enormously small camera image on the display.

But what really makes me think is the high loading height and the lower loading height in the car compared to the Defender, which does not allow me to accommodate my sleeping box and kitchen obviously.

Rear doors are difficult to open, the order first to open the narrower door is certainly more cumbersome because you hardly get access over it. With the experience of Defender and the heavy wide door but certainly okay. However, the opening angle costs loading width.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
However, there is still room for improvement, such as the unprotected camera, which is not very useful when dirty, and the enormously small camera image on the display.
Do you mean the field of view or the image size on the screen?

But what really makes me think is the high loading height and the lower loading height in the car compared to the Defender
Could you explain that a little more?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The rear loading height is indeed a bit higher than I expected. Though no issue for me, my wife alrady complained ...

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
And the loading height inside is probably 5cm less than in the Defender. Unfortunately, that takes away my chance to fold down the bed. Crap. This is probably also due to the higher loading sill and the higher interior floor.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mean the field of view or the image size on the screen?

Could you explain that a little more?

Someone may have a picture to illustrate but the even small display only shows on 1/3 the image of the rear camera so quite small honestly.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just in addition and as I quickly measured it in my 110...

Trunk height (not loading height, door height is lower of course):

Defender 1,15m
Ineos according to homepage 1.04m

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
I am a bit confused. Why would you put a bed in the back of this vehicle.
Where do you put the shower, toilet etc?
Many people in Australia tow a campervan, caravan, or sleep in a tent or swag.
We stay in a caravan park, hotel, airbnb.
Driving all day in the vehicle and then sleeping inside as well it must get pretty smelly.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Someone may have a picture to illustrate but the even small display only shows on 1/3 the image of the rear camera so quite small honestly.

We don't know whether it's configurable in some way. But that's what I can offer:

Screenshot_20221016_121424.jpg

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom