The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier in US: Overland Expo, Loveland CO Aug 26-28, 2022

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Would you ask them if there has been any talk of letting you convert your reservation to the pick up truck or 7 seater coming down the road?

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Would you ask them if there has been any talk of letting you convert your reservation to the pick up truck or 7 seater coming down the road?
Sorry I have left the event. And Saturday will be chaos with people. I can't imagine that they wouldn't allow you to do that your reservation is really just a production spot doesn't have the vehicle specified yet. Don't quote me on that.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
@USandPR Great job ! Thank you for yor pics, report and info on the seat and footwell.

The footwell might be a deal breaker for some. Would be nice if we (in Americas) have the Euro/etc production floor stamping for the test drives. Because I like legroom.

Interesting about the wheel housing allowances. Looks like you are considering a tire upgrade ?

Good news about steel bumpers. Should also allow a front hitch.

Will be something if the roof wiring mentioned is easily accessible behind a blank cover plate on the ceiling - and there's power feeds - for those not ordering the full switch and prep package.

On the tow harness, there going to need a trailer brake feed (so not 4 pin) therefore most likely standard (US) 7 pin including 1 aux 12v feed.

Thanks again 👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
If you select the winch does the Ineos get up rated springs or coils for the front axle? The answer is no it does not get upgraded suspension. that would be a concern on a short wheelbase vehicle like a Jeep but the longer wheelbase does not require additional suspension for the weight of the winch
So it's maybe an incomplete, but not totally incompatible, answer given what we got from the Head of Australia region:

Screenshot_20220820_155103_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Checking things out
Awesome you got on site and are sharing all these great photos! FYI - Scott Brady (Overland Journal) posted up a quick vid at the Overland Journal site on Instagram, in recognition of INEOS being at the Expo.

987E30

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I registered to attend the Loveland event, and they confirmed with me, but never sent a follow up. I might go up there and pay for entry into the event, but it's a bummer that they forgot to get back to me. Anyone else in this position?

Good news. You've successfully registered your interest for Overland Expo Mountain West.

Booking details:

Overland Expo Mountain West

August 27th 2020, 08:00

The Ranch Events Complex The Ranch Events Complex, 5280 Arena Circle, Loveland 80538

We will be in touch soon with instructions on how to secure your ticket to attend the event.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I registered to attend the Loveland event, and they confirmed with me, but never sent a follow up. I might go up there and pay for entry into the event, but it's a bummer that they forgot to get back to me. Anyone else in this position?
Same. Just came here to see if anyone had heard anything.

987E30

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I replied to their email, sent a DM on Twitter, haven't heard anything. I think I'll skip it. $38 for a day pass ($76 for wife and me), plus a 2 hour round trip.... meh.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m the same way, but my high school daughter was interested, so some time with her.

Where is the booth?

I’m going to be a little hacked if as a reservation holder I have to wait in line with all the looked-loos…

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
There are photos of the loadspace on this forum with dimensions super-imposed on the photo; you could probably track down that thread if you are motivated. Here are the specs under "Loadspace" from page 43 of the U.S. brochure. You can download the brochure here:

View attachment 7792423
Thank you sir!

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I’m the same way, but my high school daughter was interested, so some time with her.

Where is the booth?

I’m going to be a little hacked if as a reservation holder I have to wait in line with all the looked-loos…
When you walk in the main entrance, keep walking straight until you've got a choice to go left or right it looks kind of like you're going around a big circle go to the left the booth is c200 I don't know it's maybe 200 ft to the left it's right there under a tent

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos got a primo spot for the Grenadier - you can't miss it if you walk in the front gate and stay on the main paved path.

Doors:
really well-sealed and they close with just the right sense of quality. I think the Grenadier will be very well-sealed against dust, or whatever you subject it to.

Seating Position: I thought that the seats were fantastic (I know this is subjective and cannot be measured). There is great forward visibility over the corners of the vehicle, but I was a bit disappointed in the visibility over the hood. Like many modern vehicles - the hood of the Grenadier obstructs visibility a bit. Having said that, visibility is better than most pickup-trucks sold here in the U.S. - but it is not as good as looking forward in a Jeep Wrangler (sorry folks, that's just how I saw it). The seat adjusts in height, and there is a lot of headroom (at least for me at 6' 2" - albeit a bit longer in the leg than in the torso), so this really helps with forward sight-lines.

Ground Clearance: I measured the ground clearance, and it is exactly 10.4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the rear skid plate (in some videos it looks much lower to the ground, but it is a legit 10.4 - as advertised). By my measurement, it is 10.1 inches from the ground to the bottom of the front diff - but if Ineos says that it is 10.4 inches I'm inclined to believe them (maybe I measured poorly). Overall, for only having 31-inch tires (maybe 31.5 inches), ground clearance is excellent. I think it is impressive that they get 10.4 inches of ground clearance with a tire this size. I know some people don't want to hear this - but on 35s this would be a beast off-road!

Spare Tire: I know many have no intention of moving up in tire size, but for those who do - there is exactly one inch and a quarter of clearance between the small rear door and the spare tire (stock BFG KO2) - see photo of my fingers below. A 33-inch tire should fit, but only barely. There is no way the small rear door will clear a 35-inch spare tire. Not how its currently set-up.

Grenadier_38_Spare_Tire.jpg

Interior: really well done. It felt more "upscale" than I thought it would be (for better or for worse - your choice). With an interior this nice, I think there should be an option for a heated steering wheel. I know folks in warm climates think that is crazy - but the cool thing about an "option" is that if you don't want it you don't have to buy it! I won't post any photos - there are already a lot of those in this thread thanks to our friend from Puerto Rico!

Long Wheel-Base: I spoke to one gentleman from Ineos who seemed very confident that they would eventually produce a long wheel-base version - both as a pickup and as a 7-seat wagon. I don't know what that is worth, but thought I'd pass it along.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Ineos got a primo spot for the Grenadier - you can't miss it if you walk in the front gate and stay on the main paved path.

Doors:
really well-sealed and they close with just the right sense of quality. I think the Grenadier will be very well-sealed against dust, or whatever you subject it to.

Seating Position: I thought that the seats were fantastic (I know this is subjective and cannot be measured). There is great forward visibility over the corners of the vehicle, but I was a bit disappointed in the visibility over the hood. Like many modern vehicles - the hood of the Grenadier obstructs visibility a bit. Having said that, visibility is better than most pickup-trucks sold here in the U.S. - but it is not as good as looking forward in a Jeep Wrangler (sorry folks, that's just how I saw it). The seat adjusts in height, and there is a lot of headroom (at least for me at 6' 2" - albeit a bit longer in the leg than in the torso), so this really helps with forward sight-lines.

Ground Clearance: I measured the ground clearance, and it is exactly 10.4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the rear skid plate (in some videos it looks much lower to the ground, but it is a legit 10.4 - as advertised). By my measurement, it is 10.1 inches from the ground to the bottom of the front diff - but if Ineos says that it is 10.4 inches I'm inclined to believe them (maybe I measured poorly). Overall, for only having 31-inch tires (maybe 31.5 inches), ground clearance is excellent. I think it is impressive that they get 10.4 inches of ground clearance with a tire this size. I know some people don't want to hear this - but on 35s this would be a beast off-road!

Spare Tire: I know many have no intention of moving up in tire size, but for those who do - there is exactly one inch and a quarter of clearance between the small rear door and the spare tire (stock BFG KO2) - see photo of my fingers below. A 33-inch tire should fit, but only barely. There is no way the small rear door will clear a 35-inch spare tire. Not how its currently set-up.

View attachment 7792513

Interior: really well done. It felt more "upscale" than I thought it would be (for better or for worse - your choice). With an interior this nice, I think there should be an option for a heated steering wheel. I know folks in warm climates think that is crazy - but the cool thing about an "option" is that if you don't want it you don't have to buy it! I won't post any photos - there are already a lot of those in this thread thanks to our friend from Puerto Rico!

Long Wheel-Base: I spoke to one gentleman from Ineos who seemed very confident that they would eventually produce a long wheel-base version - both as a pickup and as a 7-seat wagon. I don't know what that is worth, but thought I'd pass it along.
Thanks a lot for those details!

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
US configurator will be updated at end of January with our 2024 version and pricing. From Greg Clark at Overland Expo

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t add much more.

My reservation from Feb seemed to be on the ‘earlier’ side, or at least they called it ‘old’ IIRC.

7 seater could be done currently, but with zero storage left. 9 inch extension would give a third row and some storage. A pick-up could made on that platform. I forgot to Ask if the smaller EV car or the 7passenger would come first.

The fabric in the vehicle Wes thought was the more durable fabric version. It was OK. WOuld have to spend some time with it.

Overall, it was exactly what I was expecting. The reviews, info, pics and discussion are all spot on.

10 or so ‘production’ models will be here later this year for test drives- sound like on and off road.. ;)

No price indications, but I think this is going to get expensive…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ground Clearance: I measured the ground clearance, and it is exactly 10.4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the rear skid plate (in some videos it looks much lower to the ground, but it is a legit 10.4 - as advertised). By my measurement, it is 10.1 inches from the ground to the bottom of the front diff - but if Ineos says that it is 10.4 inches I'm inclined to believe them (maybe I measured poorly).
I don't think you measured poorly...Ineos measure is not from diff.

Discussed more on this thread:

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
US configurator will be updated at end of January with our 2024 version and pricing. From Greg Clark at Overland Expo
For clarification, the configurator will be updated end of Jan 2023 with the '2024 version' or the Manufacturing Year (MY) 2023 version?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For clarification, the configurator will be updated end of Jan 2023 with the '2024 version' or the Manufacturing Year (MY) 2023 version?
Iirc, the us will get 2024 models, as the EU is getting 2023s…

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I discussed this with a gentleman from Ineos, and this is my recollection of the conversation:

1. A fleet of around 10 Grenadiers for test drives will tour the U.S. toward the end of 2022; he said they'd be in Colorado in November, and then start moving south to Arizona & New Mexico as winter in Colorado gets under way. I didn't ask about when they'd be in other regions of the country - sorry!

2. Ordering - with the required $4,500 ($5,000?) deposit - will begin in January 2023.

3. Delivery of vehicles will begin later in 2023, and these will be model year 2023 vehicles. He said that Ineos really wanted to deliver vehicles to North America in 2023 as promised. My guess is that vehicles ordered later in 2023 would be the model year 2024 (for delivery in 2024).

4. Pricing will likely not be in place until ordering begins in January 2023 - due to instability in markets & production chains, and fluctuations in inflation rates.

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I discussed this with a gentleman from Ineos, and this is my recollection of the conversation:

1. A fleet of around 10 Grenadiers for test drives will tour the U.S. toward the end of 2022; he said they'd be in Colorado in November, and then start moving south to Arizona & New Mexico as winter in Colorado gets under way. I didn't ask about when they'd be in other regions of the country - sorry!

2. Ordering - with the required $4,500 ($5,000?) deposit - will begin in January 2023.

3. Delivery of vehicles will begin later in 2023, and these will be model year 2023 vehicles. He said that Ineos really wanted to deliver vehicles to North America in 2023 as promised. My guess is that vehicles ordered later in 2023 would be the model year 2024 (for delivery in 2024).

4. Pricing will likely not be in place until ordering begins in January 2023 - due to instability in markets & production chains, and fluctuations in inflation rates.
Wow, that's really good G-2 (intel). Thanks for that timeline.

Back
Top Bottom