The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier driving around Melbourne

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Was a PTO-2 at the 4WD show today, not a final production model as referenced in the Ineos email. Was still great to see the car in person for the first time though.

All the pictures previously posted in this forum have covered the PTO-2 quite well, thanks to all. Nothing to add to those.

The PTO-2 isn’t the final production testing vehicle configuration. There are two more vehicle release configs to come, the next vehicle config release (release timeframe unknown) sounds to me to be the closest config to what customer final production release will be with changes to be incorporated post PTO-2.

OG.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was a PTO-2 at the 4WD show today, not a final production model as referenced in the Ineos email. Was still great to see the car in person for the first time though.

All the pictures previously posted in this forum have covered the PTO-2 quite well, thanks to all. Nothing to add to those.

The PTO-2 isn’t the final production testing vehicle configuration. There are two more vehicle release configs to come, the next vehicle config release (release timeframe unknown) sounds to me to be the closest config to what customer final production release will be, with changes to be incorporated post PTO-2.

OG.
Yes, agreed. The only aspects I snapped that I’ve not seen elsewhere springs from considering where to best install a twin compressor… oh, and I did notice despite the other discussion on protruding bumpers, the bull bar as fitted is nicely tucked up. Let’s hope not so much that Skippy will halt forward progress.

Ineos rep also mentioned they’re lobbying for a solar input on the DC/DC module.

Attachments

• 860D9F1C-7625-4B54-AA73-9098FBDC0262.jpeg
    860D9F1C-7625-4B54-AA73-9098FBDC0262.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
  • B57A5B6F-75A6-4EF8-8E57-76D69E496B07.jpeg
    B57A5B6F-75A6-4EF8-8E57-76D69E496B07.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • 6E59D89C-BE9E-4A15-9140-E64E64E5C481.jpeg
    6E59D89C-BE9E-4A15-9140-E64E64E5C481.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 132
  • 4A084D0A-8E32-40A7-91E8-3218A18FBF52.jpeg
    4A084D0A-8E32-40A7-91E8-3218A18FBF52.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Loving that Roo Bar.
Also, if the Electrical Preparation includes a DC-DC that is Lithium compatible, and has a solar plug on the roof, then I would definitely option it.
Any feedback on the light bar space above the number plate? Any dimensions?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, agreed. The only aspects I snapped that I’ve not seen elsewhere springs from considering where to best install a twin compressor… oh, and I did notice despite the other discussion on protruding bumpers, the bull bar as fitted is nicely tucked up. Let’s hope not so much that Skippy will halt forward progress.

Ineos rep also mentioned they’re lobbying for a solar input on the DC/DC module.
Any ideas/thoughts on a possible air compressor location after today’s viewing?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
That might be a (lockable?) hinge - to get to the winch, I guess.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score

I was thinking to move the bottle jack into the spare wheel storage box so it isn't buried when needed. That would free up a large compartment which a compressor might fit in.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking to move the bottle jack into the spare wheel storage box so it isn't buried when needed. That would free up a large compartment which a compressor might fit in.
Dave thats a suggestion I made a couple of years ago, but also suggested that there needs to be some form of attachment to stop the jack rattling around in the spare wheel cavity. Without that you probably need to stuff in some form of groundsheet to bulk out the spare space.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
The space where the jack is stowed seems a bit small for a compressor.

Maybe you can just install it across in front of the jack. Possibly on a holder with a fold-out hinge to get to the jack more easily.

This one (randomly picked) is only 190 x 96 x 142 mm.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave thats a suggestion I made a couple of years ago, but also suggested that there needs to be some form of attachment to stop the jack rattling around in the spare wheel cavity. Without that you probably need to stuff in some form of groundsheet to bulk out the spare space.
That dark gray foam you can cut out to suit or expanding foam and black plastic.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The space where the jack is stowed seems a bit small for a compressor.

Maybe you can just install it across in front of the jack. Possibly on a holder with a fold-out hinge to get to the jack more easily.

This one (randomly picked) is only 190 x 96 x 142 mm.
You could use the space the bottle jack is in and the space in front of it. Might have to trim some plastic

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I seeing that right ~ it looks like the reg plate is free to swing in the wind? View attachment 7793377
I’m not usually a bull bar guy but I think that looks really well done. I saw in another thread that the US won’t get that bar so hopefully the after market will produce something equally good looking.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall someone saying or writing (either on this forum or somewhere else) that the Grenadier Roo Bar (Bull bar) is manufactured by ARB.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I recall someone saying or writing (either on this forum or somewhere else) that the Grenadier Roo Bar (Bull bar) is manufactured by ARB.
If that were the case, we could get them to incorporate some antenna base place mounting points on the top bar?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve recently sent off a request to ARB regarding what accessories ARB will/may have available for the IG.

It was a general support query, not sent to any individual in ARB.

If any response of substance is provided by ARB I’ll update here. Not holding my breath, but as IG production is very close I might get a surprise.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve recently sent off a request to ARB regarding what accessories ARB will/may have available for the IG.

It was a general support query, not sent to any individual in ARB.

If any response of substance is provided by ARB I’ll update here. Not holding my breath, but as IG production is very close I might get a surprise.
I spoke with them in Melbourne some months ago and then they said they were not going to do anything ...that may have been a ploy.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I think it will be a while before anything is released from ARB or TJM because of the amount of options available from the factory. I think anyone waiting for air lockers or pro lockers will probably be waiting forever. I can't see them spending the R&D money on something that is a line fit factory option for a relatively low volume selling vehicle. I think the most we will see is probably a 2 inch lift kit in the short to medium term, and maybe bar work at some stage.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Elsewhere there was an interview (which I can't find! :unsure: ) that a pre-production prototype was being made available to ARB to 'scan' and use as a basis for future accessory production, after which the prototype would be "crushed" rather than be sent back overseas....

Back
Top Bottom