The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melbourne Drive Day

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Well Im very glad I have my order in and thats where it will stay. I think that sums it up and the fit and finish was way better than I expected Mind you the fit and finish on the Australian Army 110's was not a great benchmark to jump over. The ride (suspension) was better than I have had in the past with my previous 4x4 vehicles by a long shot. The doors close with a distinct "thunk" and the glass windows don't rattle when you close the doors. This vehicle has all the feeling that it will outlast me, thats for sure. By the way, it apparently has a "drain plug" in the fuel tank which is a great move and the lack of a Grab Handle on the drivers side "A" pillar is due to the fact that it gets in the way of one of the airbags when the airbag is inflated, .... So to meet some sort of compliance it had to go. this was not a production vehicle so several internal aspects had to be sorted with all the Dings and Dongs going off for the slightest reason ( I think one Dong went off because a Cow looked at the Grenadier) But all that gets sorted out in due course.
Fantastic to know that one of my childhood heros and a true Australian icon thinks the Grenadier is a go! Les is certainly a man that is the “been there and done that” of off-road and remote driving. I would pour over his books “Explore Wild Australia” and “Stories of Exploration and Survival” as a kid, and they’re still in my bookcase waiting for my young fella to be able to read!

For those that haven’t seen his work YouTube “The Bush Tuckerman”, or here is one of my favourites:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Exactly that Zacman110. Now just need convince Les to dictate some of his books onto audio books so we can re-live while driving the Grenny on long drives!!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
the lack of a Grab Handle on the drivers side "A" pillar is due to the fact that it gets in the way of one of the airbags when the airbag is inflated, ....
Was this a statement from an INEOS rep?

Back
Top Bottom