The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
INEOS Grenadiers is the cycling team, not the automotive arm - has nothing to do with the Grenadier vehicle.
Yes.
I am always having to correct my mates when I tell them I bought a Grenadier... not a cyclist.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
George is still there though, isn't he?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Grenadier factory in Hambach is working a seven day week at the moment?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Grenadier factory in Hambach is working a seven day week at the moment?
Interesting question Les. From drive.com.au:

The company says its production facility in Hambach, France currently has the capacity to produce up to 30,000 vehicles per year, operating on a two-shift, 16-hour roster.
Ineos says there is the potential to move to a 24-hour factory roster with an additional eight-hour shift, which would increase production capacity to 45,000 vehicles per year.
Based on an assumption that they committed to no redundancies in taking on the plant, one expects they cannot drop much below this. They are not producing Grenadiers at the peak rate.

However, production would be retarded if the present batch-and-hold process is generating vehicles that require remediation or remanufacture. Frenchie can only be in one place at a time…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

The company says its production facility in Hambach, France currently has the capacity to produce up to 30,000 vehicles per year, operating on a two-shift, 16-hour roster.
Ineos says there is the potential to move to a 24-hour factory roster with an additional eight-hour shift, which would increase production capacity to 45,000 vehicles per year.
Based on an assumption that they committed to no redundancies in taking on the plant, one expects they cannot drop much below this. They are not producing Grenadiers at that rate.

However, production would be retarded if the present batch-and-hold process is generating vehicles that require remediation or remanufacture. Frenchie can only be in one place at a time…
Don't forget they are still assembling the Smart car there until next year

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget they are still assembling the Smart car there until next year
Oh, I thought they’d finished with that. That would account for the throughput, sure. I presume the factory footprint used by Smart would be reallocated which would leave them presently at a fraction of the above capacity.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, I thought they’d finished with that. That would account for the throughput, sure. I presume the factory footprint used by Smart would be reallocated which would leave them presently at a fraction of the above capacity.

It will continue production of an electric-drive Smart and part of a new electric Mercedes SUV at the site until 2024, the source in Hambach said.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It will continue production of an electric-drive Smart and part of a new electric Mercedes SUV at the site until 2024, the source in Hambach said.
Maybe that space is planned for the extended chassis variants (leaning into speculation this evening).

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Based on an assumption that they committed to no redundancies in taking on the plant, one expects they cannot drop much below this. They are not producing Grenadiers at the peak rate.

Based on information recently released by IA the factory is producing somewhere between 60-70 cars a day; which is around HALF it's 2 shift capacity.

The question is WHY?

Why aren't they pumping these puppies out - 120/130 day?

Lack of parts, lack of customer demand, other gremlins that need to be fixed during/post production?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Based on information recently released by IA the factory is producing somewhere between 60-70 cars a day; which is around HALF it's 2 shift capacity.

The question is WHY?

Lack of parts, lack of customer demand, other gremlins that need to be fixed during/post production?
I wonder what FTE are out there in dealer-land running software patches and ticking off QA checklists…

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score

The question is WHY?

70 a day makes those at 9000-10000 in the order list a long way off. Given all previously delays, how will they get to the 15K stated for year 1 deliveries which we are already 6+ months in? My wife is livid at the lack of any provided timelines.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
70 a day makes those at 9000-10000 in the order list a long way off. Given all previously delays, how will they get to the 15K stated for year 1 deliveries which we are already 6+ months in? My wife is livid at the lack of any provided timelines.
Drop down to your local Jeep dealer.
You could drive away tomorrow in any of half a dozen models in your choice of colour.

Back
Top Bottom