The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Well I got a call from Magic this morning to say my grenadier was out of production and in batch and hold. Once it’s released, it’s off to the port and on the ship to Australia. Best guess is I’ll be seeing it July depending on how long b&h and shipping takes.

And before anyone asks my salent dates are, Reservation 12/10/21, Deposit 1/6/22, Contract 1/3/23, in production email 31/3/23.

Spec is a white Trialmaster diesel, 17” alloys, bull bar, side rails, side steps, front tow hitch, carpet mats, seat covers, privacy glass and cargo barrier.

It’s starting to get real!

Cheers
Steve
Congrats Steve very exciting - hope Magic have a good idea how to bolt all that on!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Well I got a call from Magic this morning to say my grenadier was out of production and in batch and hold. Once it’s released, it’s off to the port and on the ship to Australia. Best guess is I’ll be seeing it July depending on how long b&h and shipping takes.

And before anyone asks my salent dates are, Reservation 12/10/21, Deposit 1/6/22, Contract 1/3/23, in production email 31/3/23.

Spec is a white Trialmaster diesel, 17” alloys, bull bar, side rails, side steps, front tow hitch, carpet mats, seat covers, privacy glass and cargo barrier.

It’s starting to get real!

Cheers
Steve
Mine in the same position. I am optimistically hoping maybe June. If it makes it to a boat in the next couple of weeks it gives a shot at June

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats Steve very exciting - hope Magic have a good idea how to bolt all that on!
They should do. They have been in the game for a long while and have lots of practise with Mahindra.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine in the same position. I am optimistically hoping maybe June. If it makes it to a boat in the next couple of weeks it gives a shot at June
June is possible. I’m allowing a bit of slip to allow for delays in dealer fit bits n bobs And no one knows how the electric brake controller and trailer/nato adaptors will be supplied./fitted

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
June is possible. I’m allowing a bit of slip to allow for delays in dealer fit bits n bobs And no one knows how the electric brake controller and trailer/nato adaptors will be supplied./fitted
Yes, June is to be fair optimistic but one can hope.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you decided as yet on a particular brand of brake controller? ... I've had experience with a Tekonsha P3 some dozen years ago and found it to be excellent, especially for "proportional" braking including over corrugations on the Cape York Peninsular Development Rd....

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you decided as yet on a particular brand of brake controller? ... I've had experience with a Tekonsha P3 some dozen years ago and found it to be excellent, especially for "proportional" braking including over corrugations on the Cape York Peninsular Development Rd....
Australian agents will fit Redarc Tow Pro and there are a couple of PTO2s getting around with them in. My current vehicle has the Tow Pro and is great. Had Tekonsha before, also good but Tow Pro neater

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australian agents will fit Redard Tow Pro and there are a couple of PTO2s getting around with them in. My current vehicle has the Tow Pro and is great. Had Tekonsha before, also good but Tow Pro neater
I was wondering about installing the controller in a vacant space on the console allocated for the Heated Seat switch... and the box in the battery compartment...

Local time
Reaction score
Which means, Davman, that customer cars must be "on water" right now for there to be April deliveries - as I recall Justin Hocevars saying the minimum voyage time is 8 weeks + 2 weeks at the port/agent.
After watching tonight's news regarding the clearance of vehicles in quarantine at the Melbourne facility I would not hold your breath. Some shipping companies are refusing delivery because they cannot unload due to the backlog.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was wondering about installing the controller in a vacant space on the console allocated for the Heated Seat switch... and the box in the battery compartment...
The Redarc one clearly fits behind the plastic on the dash. I have the heated seats so that won’t work for me, but yes that would be a good spot

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had the Tekonsha and it was pretty good, but the Redarc is the go now. And it’s just simple.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After watching tonight's news regarding the clearance of vehicles in quarantine at the Melbourne facility I would not hold your breath. Some shipping companies are refusing delivery because they cannot unload due to the backlog.
not so much Euro cars

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I currently have a Tekonsha P3 in Charlie and it’s a good bit of kit. But will go redarc for the grenadier. Reasons include, it’s much more unobtrusive, redarc are an Australian company with a great reputation and Ineos are using them.

So x2, x3 etc to what those above have said.
cheers
Steve

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what year? :oops:

Re. the Don Carlos.... ( aka the Marie Celeste of automotive fame. 😂)
Does anyone from Aus. on this forum actually have their Ineos account status showing "In Transit" or for those who monitor the Aust. FB groups, have any members there posted that they've been advised of "in transit " status?
Or: does "in transit " mean between the destination shipping port and the dealer?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Re. the Don Carlos.... ( aka the Marie Celeste of automotive fame. 😂)
Does anyone from Aus. on this forum actually have their Ineos account status showing "In Transit" or for those who monitor the Aust. FB groups, have any members there posted that they've been advised of "in transit " status?
Or: does "in transit " mean between the destination shipping port and the dealer?
I’ve been told by my Agent that my car is on the water, on the first ship with customer cars to Australia (which he believes is not the Don Carlos). My Account does not show In Transit.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been told by my Agent that my car is on the water, on the first ship with customer cars to Australia (which he believes is not the Don Carlos). My Account does not show In Transit.
Michael - What I don't get is that he is certain your car is not on the DC but, can't tell you which boat it is - don't you think that's a bit odd.

or he does but, maybe you didn't ask and he didn't proffer

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shout out to IA agent Frank Sorrentino in Melbourne! He has taken care of my configuration changes like a champ!

I asked him today if my order was still slated for a MAY build given all the recent delays and it was still a MAY build according to his portal. For those interested I ordered/paid deposit Jan 16th 23'. I thought for sure the build on my order would be pushed further back. I'm remaining optimistic that his portal is up to date!

7if0x8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom