The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
League : "A gentleman's game , played by thugs"
- quoth my 96 yo English father, who quoth Orwell :LOL:
As distinct from the other 'rugby': a thug's game played by gentlemen... where one player tries to ram the heads of the two players in front up the rear ends of the three in front of them.... :oops:

but seeing Carlton had a win over the Cats last night, the Lions seem at this stage to have the Dees' measure at half time.... and the Dolphins (aka the Morton Bay Mullets) have a slight lead on the Broncos .... we're spoiled for choice!

Perhaps we're in an Ineos parallel universe waiting room, chatting while for our Grenadier!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And rugby, the game they play in heaven.

See this thread derailment is far more enjoyable than the prospect of delays in automobile delivery.
Yes everyone needs to calm down and get a grip

Reactions: Max

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

As distinct from the other 'rugby': a thug's game played by gentlemen... where one player tries to ram the heads of the two players in front up the rear ends of the three in front of them.... :oops:

but seeing Carlton had a win over the Cats last night, the Lions seem at this stage to have the Dees' measure at half time.... and the Dolphins (aka the Morton Bay Mullets) have a slight lead on the Broncos .... we're spoiled for choice!

Perhaps we're in an Ineos parallel universe waiting room, chatting while for our Grenadier!!
There is only one rugby, the other is league

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There is only one rugby, the other is league
And then there is AFL , where right now the floodlights are out and nobody is home...let the conspiracy theories begin...20230324_222320.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
For those complaining that they’ve “lost faith” and “don’t trust” ineos - here’s a suggestion… Cancel your order, get a refund for your $5k & buy a car from a legacy brand.
Though from my experience buying a second car for my wife from a legacy brand over the last 6-12 months, communication won’t be any better, and you won’t have a direct line to the managing director on a Facebook group, so good luck to you!

Last edited:

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
For those complaining that they’ve “lost faith” and “don’t trust” ineos - here’s a suggestion… Cancel your order, get a refund for your $5k & buy a car from a legacy brand.
Though from my experience buying a second car for my wife from a legacy brand over the last 6 months, communication won’t be any better, and you won’t have a direct line to the managing director on a Facebook group, so good luck to you!
You are correct, it is taking time to buy cars from legacy brands (as it is with Inoes for many of us who paid deposits well over 6 months ago now) however here's the difference ... legacy brands are actually delivering vehicles to customers ... Ineos isn't.

Local time
Reaction score
You are correct, it is taking time to buy cars from legacy brands (as it is with Inoes for many of us who paid deposits well over 6 months ago now) however here's the difference ... legacy brands are actually delivering vehicles to customers ... Ineos isn't.

Took 12+ months and many unanswered emails & phone calls to our dealership to even get an answer on the delivery status of our ISUZU.
If you want a car delivered, go to a legacy brand & stop complaining when you have to put up with the levels of ineptitude I had to put up with dealing with ISUZU.
The Grenadier will come, at least there’s a physical product coming. Unlike the Tesla Cybertruck which seems like it will never materialise, and the deposits for which aren’t refundable like the Grenadier.

Last edited:

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Took 12+ months and many unanswered emails & phone calls to our dealership to even get an answer on the delivery status of our ISUZU.
If you want a car delivered, go to a legacy brand & stop complaining when you have to put up with the levels of ineptitude I had to put up with dealing with ISUZU.
The Grenadier will come, at least there’s a physical product coming. Unlike the Tesla Cybertruck which seems like it will never materialise, and the deposits for which aren’t refundable like the Grenadier.
Do you have your Isuzu?

And we know Grenadiers exist, that's part of the frustration, all we are asking is why cars at dealers aren't being delivered ?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Though from my experience buying a second car for my wife from a legacy brand over the last 6-12 months, communication won’t be any better, and you won’t have a direct line to the managing director on a Facebook group, so good luck to you!
Or IA give us an updated outlook as promised to hit us about 3 weeks ago... maybe that would be ok too? Do you make excuses for IA now or simply offer less than expected?

Local time
Reaction score
Or IA give us an updated outlook as promised to hit us about 3 weeks ago... maybe that would be ok too? Do you make excuses for IA now or simply offer less than expected?
Not making excuses, but everyone here will complain and call IA out, yet when traditional dealers and brands pull the wool over our eyes… we don’t blink. I think we just need to give them a bit of leeway considering they’re starting from scratch & have literally never done this as a company before.

Do you have your Isuzu?

And we know Grenadiers exist, that's part of the frustration, all we are asking is why cars at dealers aren't being delivered ?
Got one earlier when a customer cancelled their order & we managed to get a relatively similar spec.

I totally understand your frustration though - guess I’m just used to it after the Isuzu experience.

Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like you weren't the only one frustrated with Isuzu
Great value cars, terrible service. A friend of mine had a similar experience when buying his MG ZST though, so I guess it’s just a car industry thing 💁‍♂️

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Since the Coof pandemic people's give-a -shit has flat gone. Ineptitude is now the norm everywhere, not just in automotive sales circles. Even getting a donut and coffee order correct and within a reasonable time at Dunkin, for example, is a chore.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone with a confirmed VIN entered it into a shipping VIN tracker?
All VINs are confirmed, they don't change. It is not yours and only belongs to the vehicle. If the vehicle is registered to you then you can lay claim to the VIN whilst you own that vehicle...that is in OZ, not sure elsewhere.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
All VINs are confirmed, they don't change. It is not yours and only belongs to the vehicle. If the vehicle is registered to you then you can lay claim to the VIN whilst you own that vehicle...that is in OZ, not sure elsewhere.
But we could see what boat they are on, and their progress across the high seas!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But we could see what boat they are on, and their progress across the high seas!
Exactly.

Last week I posted that I assumed the carrier off loading Grenadiers in Durban - would then sail to Australia as it probably contains the first batch of 92.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually - it is!!

After departing Durban, he Don Carlos sailed to Reunion and then departed for Melbourne yesterday.

Expected to arrive 10 April with the famous "batch of 92"

The first Aussie owners might be driving their Grenadier by 31 May

Screenshot 2023-03-28 131202.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's assuming the Grenadiers are off loaded in Melb. ..
Does the tracking app mention Port Kembla and Newcastle?
They were being touted as likely ports of entry to avoid the massive delays in Melbourne due to the biosecurity quarantine/clean process...

Back
Top Bottom