The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
Yes on 17 March. I needed a new car. My car was recently written off.
View attachment 7806762
Ah Mate, that's dreadful!! I sincerely hope your physical recovery will be complete, and that the "mental after shocks" don't cause you lasting grief....

Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
It will be God damn hilarious if these 'shipped' vehicles have a few owners renege on contract, then those 'spare' vehicles are fixed and made 'road ready 1st' and sold a premium to the 'public' and beat all of us early reservationists to drive in real life!
Will be interesting to see if that plays out. With ineos' direct model they might want to reallocate them, rather than let dealers scalp. Interesting times.

Local time
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if that plays out. With ineos' direct model they might want to reallocate them, rather than let dealers scalp. Interesting times.

Remember it’s an agency model not dealer. Ineos owns all cars up until the customer takes delivery, so there’s no way the age old dealer scalping can occur with cancelled orders. I’d assume either ineos will put those into a demo fleet and/or reallocate to similar order holders

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Remember it’s an agency model not dealer. Ineos owns all cars up until the customer takes delivery, so there’s no way the age old dealer scalping can occur with cancelled orders. I’d assume either ineos will put those into a demo fleet and/or reallocate to similar order holders
In Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Switzerland and I think Portugal it is a "Dealer Model": my 2500 € early payment was transferred to the dealer in two steps: paid back to me, and then the dealer asked me to put it into his own bank account! Funny, Sir Jim R should know better 🤔 🤔:ROFLMAO: as he still owns most of the cars.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Switzerland and I think Portugal it is a "Dealer Model": my 2500 € early payment was transferred to the dealer in two steps: paid back to me, and then the dealer asked me to put it into his own bank account! Funny, Sir Jim R should know better 🤔 🤔:ROFLMAO: as he still owns most of the cars.
@Jean Mercier thats interesting. Are there regulations governing vehicle sales in Belgium that require the customer to contract with a dealer rather than the manufacturer?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier thats interesting. Are there regulations governing vehicle sales in Belgium that require the customer to contract with a dealer rather than the manufacturer?
No, I have asked that at my dealer some time ago (and already answered that question somewhere on the forum - this is not intended as a reproach :) )
What seems to be happening is that for smaller markets it is easier for Ineos to transfer the administration of registering the car in said country to a partner with knowledge than to do it all themselves!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, I have asked that at my dealer some time ago (and already answered that question somewhere on the forum - this is not intended as a reproach :) )
What seems to be happening is that for smaller markets it is easier for Ineos to transfer the administration of registering the car in said country to a partner with knowledge than to do it all themselves!
That actually makes more sense. And from your point of view you have the contract with the dealer, he is relatively local and in contract language you are personally able to " grab him by the balls"
and not have to deal with an anonymous person at the other and of a phone or email.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That actually makes more sense. And from your point of view you have the contract with the dealer, he is relatively local and in contract language you are personally able to " grab him by the balls"
and not have to deal with an anonymous person at the other and of a phone or email.
Doesn't make any difference, because they follow the instructions of Ineos :(

Ausadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been informed today by my agent (Purnell) that my production month is now May.

+ 90 days to get here, August is my expectation.

Previously production was Jan 2023. Gives an indication of the slippage that has occurred.
Hi, can you advise deposit date and contract date so i can correlate to mine?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, can you advise deposit date and contract date so i can correlate to mine?
Hi,

I’ve come to the conclusion a little while ago that the reservation and order dates don’t really mean much for early adopters. I think IA’s initial intention was that they would to some extent, but I can’t see that has happened.

- My initial reservation was 30 Sept 2021.
- Order date 7 July 2022.
- Waiting for a contract to be issued.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is that the Demo's are owned by Ineos not by the dealer.
So the dealer would have to buy them and then sell them second hand/used.
That’s a weird structure. Is that what happens in other dealerships where vehicles aren’t paid for until sold - I wouldn’t have thought so.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
I was told that there have been a few Ineos dealers who have bought "personal cars" - it will be interesting to see how long it is before these cars are allowed to appear on the dealers lot.

Hmm. That might be career-limiting. I mean, imagine you see a car on the forecourt with the license plate

HOC3V4R

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a weird structure. Is that what happens in other dealerships where vehicles aren’t paid for until sold - I wouldn’t have thought so.
It's what happens in agencies such as Mercedes, Honda and Ineos
Normal dealer model they buy all their vehicles (finance them) and turn some into demo's, which the senior staff often take home.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's what happens in agencies such as Mercedes, Honda and Ineos
Normal dealer model they buy all their vehicles (finance them) and turn some into demo's, which the senior staff often take home.
Most of which is "driven" (no pun intended) by the prevailing Aus. Tax regulations (capital expense accelerated write downs, Fringe Benefits Tax, work-related use of a private vehicle etc) as to how vehicles are financed and later used/sold....

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
I have to wonder about all this mess and do believe we as customers are not being told the full story. Not being told for Legal reasons. Thinking about it, they drove the vehicles for a million miles around the world and the subject of Software Problems never rated a mention for the Million Miles jaunt. Nor did it arise during the Journo Jaunt up in Scotland. Not a word about Software.

It only comes up once production starts, and in December last year Ineos Automotive had 1000 vehicles parked around the factory suddenly needing an update on their software. If production is not halted, then parking space at Hambach would run out so let's ship them off to the various dealerships without stopping production.

Got to wonder if IA have been subject to a Legal Ambush just at the junction point when they were about to sell the Grenadier to the public? The aim being to stop the vehicle entering the market place and to bring IA undone. What better time to implement such a move. Now who would want to implement such a move? Just thinking.

Back
Top Bottom