The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Got to wonder if IA have been subject to a Legal Ambush just at the junction point when they were about to sell the Grenadier to the public? The aim being to stop the vehicle entering the market place and to bring IA undone. What better time to implement such a move. Now who would want to implement such a move? Just thinking.
If it is JLR I'll be going around at night letting tyres down.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to wonder about all this mess and do believe we as customers are not being told the full story. Not being told for Legal reasons. Thinking about it, they drove the vehicles for a million miles around the world and the subject of Software Problems never rated a mention for the Million Miles jaunt. Nor did it arise during the Journo Jaunt up in Scotland. Not a word about Software.

It only comes up once production starts, and in December last year Ineos Automotive had 1000 vehicles parked around the factory suddenly needing an update on their software. If production is not halted, then parking space at Hambach would run out so let's ship them off to the various dealerships without stopping production.

Got to wonder if IA have been subject to a Legal Ambush just at the junction point when they were about to sell the Grenadier to the public? The aim being to stop the vehicle entering the market place and to bring IA undone. What better time to implement such a move. Now who would want to implement such a move? Just thinking.
That’s the best conspiracy theory out there, but it does have merit.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to wonder about all this mess and do believe we as customers are not being told the full story. Not being told for Legal reasons. Thinking about it, they drove the vehicles for a million miles around the world and the subject of Software Problems never rated a mention for the Million Miles jaunt. Nor did it arise during the Journo Jaunt up in Scotland. Not a word about Software.

It only comes up once production starts, and in December last year Ineos Automotive had 1000 vehicles parked around the factory suddenly needing an update on their software. If production is not halted, then parking space at Hambach would run out so let's ship them off to the various dealerships without stopping production.

Only thing I've heard that has affected Grenadiers globally throughout their testing, is a sensor overheating issue in the transfer case.

The driver in this SA video mentions it here:
View: https://youtu.be/JAoZEcbGyCU?t=1430

and here:
View: https://youtu.be/JAoZEcbGyCU?t=1485

Overheating sensors should be solvable relatively quickly.

Legal overheating.... that's another kettle of fish and would not surprise me one bit!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
I agree that this "software" issue sounds suspicious. A conveniently trivial-sounding excuse for Ineos, that wont see too much shit thrown at them.

5 months since JOB1.

Zero cars in customer hands.

Zero communication from Ineos.

It does sound like something legal/ confidential brewing... which would affect all models/ markets.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I agree that this "software" issue sounds suspicious. A conveniently trivial-sounding excuse for Ineos, that wont see too much shit thrown at them.

5 months since JOB1.

It does sound like something legal/ confidential brewing... which would affect all models/ markets.
Sam you have to wonder that not one vehicle has had its so called "software situation" upgraded and the vehicle then sold to a customer. Not one.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think this is far fetched but, if this was so - then only 2 ways to get IA not to deliver customer cars:

1. Threaten legal action unless IA does as requested
2. Take formal legal action (via court injunction/order) to enforce non-delivery pending settlement/court decision.

If it was 2. we would know about it due to information in the public domain.

If 1. - then it would be secret.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

5 months since JOB1.

Gee - I had forgotten the 16 October 2022 production launch - that is indeed a long time ago.

I reckon at least 4,000 Grenadier have been made since 16 October 2022.

And every week another 250 get added to a very large & growing pile of cars

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
It would have to be a whole host of legal ambushes in every market Ineos is about to sell into. Not forgetting Ineos has challenged and been challenged in various markets and already won the right to sell the Grenadier.

I think there are still various outstanding cases (at last time of checking some months ago) involving JLR and Ineos around the world ~ Portugal, South Africa & USA being 3. USA sales were conceivably put off in part due to the legal situation. Portugal has no official retail partner to date. South Africa seems to be the only one moving forward, so maybe the case was resolved there.

I think there's plenty of scope in the software issues (and we know of issues with electric/electronic gremlins), together with quality issues with parts, production line quality issues, certification, and registration to have created the current delays.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
It would have to be a whole host of legal ambushes in every market Ineos is about to sell into. Not forgetting Ineos has challenged and been challenged in various markets and already won the right to sell the Grenadier.

I think there are still various outstanding cases (at last time of checking some months ago) involving JLR and Ineos around the world ~ Portugal, South Africa & USA being 3. USA sales were conceivably put off in part due to the legal situation. Portugal has no official retail partner to date. South Africa seems to be the only one moving forward, so maybe the case was resolved there.

I think there's plenty of scope in the software issues (and we know of issues with electric/electronic gremlins), together with quality issues with parts, production line quality issues, certification, and registration to have created the current delays.
Yes fully agree but they have one major overriding problem. Their inability to MANAGE the situation. Their customer base prior to the creation of IA was to sell to business and corporate organisations. They are now selling to Joe Public and their management systems need reflect this transformation

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS IF YOU ARE LISTENING……..

Romours are getting silly now.
Best you put this to rest huh.
Please.
Do you need to do a wee really badly right now?
:LOL:
Cross your legs and engage front & rear lockers!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you need to do a wee really badly right now?
:LOL:
Cross your legs and engage front & rear lockers!
Nah
Local derby’s about to start Broncos v the new kid on the block - Dolphins.

And the Lions are about to kick off against the Dees at the same time.

Nice little sangiovese in a glass and some pasta in a bowl.
Reds have me covered for tomorrow night as well.

Things are fine and dandy here my friend.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Nah
Local derby’s about to start Broncos v the new kid on the block - Dolphins.

And the Lions are about to kick off against the Dees at the same time.

Nice little sangiovese in a glass and some pasta in a bowl.
Reds have me covered for tomorrow night as well.

Things are fine and dandy here my friend.
Good to know.
I'm clueless about rugby. It's not a thing in Tassy.
Wife and I have watched some 4x4 YT and now I'm on another TV, strumming some chords and watching AFL
They should put some rainex on the ball for added fun.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Sam you have to wonder that not one vehicle has had its so called "software situation" upgraded and the vehicle then sold to a customer. Not one.
and you'd have to think they'd try pretty damn hard to squeeze just a few out, if they could, to kick the dream down the road a bit

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good to know.
I'm clueless about rugby. It's not a thing in Tassy.
Wife and I have watched some 4x4 YT and now I'm on another TV, strumming some chords and watching AFL
They should put some rainex on the ball for added fun.
League tonight mate, rugby tomorrow night.

There you go, you’ve just learned something. 😉

Lions looking like they didn’t like the loss last week.

Back
Top Bottom