The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Full size Rhino Rack - does the price feel right?

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Looking at the Rhino Rack full size option - looks like the Pioneer model - those run about $1200 USD - does anyone else feel like the $2K price has some major mark up? That price does not include what the dealer will charge to install as that is extra.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Looking at the Rhino Rack full size option - looks like the Pioneer model - those run about $1200 USD - does anyone else feel like the $2K price has some major mark up? That price does not include what the dealer will charge to install as that is extra.
Is the USD$1,200price fully installed with a 5 year warranty?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
The price is ~ $1200 USD from Rhino, comes with the mfr warranty and I would install. If I buy through INEOS - we them pay to install and the price is $2K
So you are paying for the extra 4 year warranty on the product and also a warranty on the installation.
Plus the 2 hours of labour to fit it.
Which I believe requires 4 people or two strong basketball players.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So you are paying for the extra 4 year warranty on the product and also a warranty on the installation.
Plus the 2 hours of labour to fit it.
Which I believe requires 4 people or two strong basketball players.
Actually you pay for the installation in addition to the $2K

Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
It's a major mark up. You can do the install of a pioneer by yourself. Super easy with a rope and pulley to hoist.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just looked at the US brochure and it states that the price doesn't include fitting and you guys only get a 3 year warranty.
I hope they are at least buying you dinner and a drink before they screw you.
It’s more like prison sex with the dealers - the gentle need not apply

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Be aware that the Ineos offering isn’t a regular Rhino Rack. The mounting mechanism is custom designed for Ineos & is a lot more robust than their usual mounting method (I’m told that it doesn’t get down-rated for off-road use like a standard Rhino Rack Pioneer does).

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Be aware that the Ineos offering isn’t a regular Rhino Rack. The mounting mechanism is custom designed for Ineos & is a lot more robust than their usual mounting method (I’m told that it doesn’t get down-rated for off-road use like a standard Rhino Rack Pioneer does).
The connection pieces holding the rack to the roof are much different that true usual ones - look very robust. Nothing like the ones on Rhino’s website

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
The Rhino Rack shown in the Ineos brochure is only available thru Ineos. I did not spec out many accessories under the thought that I will purchase them from a my dealer if he is fair. 2k does not seem that bad for a roof rack if installation is included.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Rhino Rack shown in the Ineos brochure is only available thru Ineos. I did not spec out many accessories under the thought that I will purchase them from a my dealer if he is fair. 2k does not seem that bad for a roof rack if installation is included.
I cancelled the roof option on mine - there are several other MFRs that are now making low profit racks that fit closer to the roof and are significantly quieter driving than the RR and hold the same weight. I can always add in at the dealer before the vehicle arrives.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom