The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Going the extra mile

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
I would like the Roof Shelve also, but you cannot install the Cargo Barrier any more. ☹️

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do like the idea of this roof shelf.

My Trialmaster edition does not have the same mounting points as the Utility version of the grenadier.
The one latch marked with an arrow is not installed in mine.

What needs to be done to get the threads for such a mounting points as they look in the utility?

1702379024974.png

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score

My Trialmaster edition does not have the same mounting points as the Utility version of the grenadier.

What needs to be done to get the threads for such a mounting points as they look in the utility?

View attachment 7835594
The Guys at Kaon in Australia have said they are developing an interior roof basket, they are pretty clever and no doubt will overcome the cargo barrier isse that you have raised here's their website to get an idea on their gear- https://www.kaon.com.au/standalone-shelves

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked the guys at Bison Gear, if there is a mounting option also available for the Trialmaster. That is their reply:

"Currently, we have no access to Grenadier Trialmaster Edition to check. Installation of the shelf require mounting points visible on the photo below. On Trailmaster it might be required to remove the plastic cover, drill a hole in it and then reinstall it (probably under the cover there are mounting points - same as on Utility Wagon).
We will check it as soon as we get access to Trailmaster."

So, who dares to "drill the hole"???

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The difference is between „utility wagon„ and „station wagon“.
Both versions should have the thread. Exceptfor station wagon you will need to adjust the rear plastic part by drilling a hole. One can easylie remove the plastic for drilling. Or even leave it unmounted.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
I say use the roof and load space. Get the LeTech ladder for your messy Jerry can. Anything mounted to the side of a vehicle makes zero sense to me. But I never drive in wide open spaces, so something is always trying to pull gear off.

Do what @Logsplitter does.

img_6934-jpeg.7834780

Or @globalgregors
img_1045-jpeg.7831516

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
I say use the roof and load space. Get the LeTech ladder for your messy Jerry can. Anything mounted to the side of a vehicle makes zero sense to me. But I never drive in wide open spaces, so something is always trying to pull gear off.

Do what @Logsplitter does.

img_6934-jpeg.7834780

Or @globalgregors
img_1045-jpeg.7831516
I must say I’m really impressed with the rhino roof rack supplied by Ineos. It may be heavy but super strong and robust. We’ve had up to 200kg on it at some points when going real remote as in the Kalahari, Chobe and Moremi regions. Off course we gradually use the fuel from the roof as we don’t like the weight up there all the time. It’s definitely built to last and I certainly wouldn’t be putting fuel cans on the side of the vehicle.
Hanging out here for an aftermarket auxiliary fuel tank.
Looks like @globalgregors travels a bit lighter than us. Maybe we’re just getting older and like to be more comfortable 🤔

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7835594

View attachment 7835594
mounting point is ready. also in Trialmaster.
Picture shows thread when cover is off
1705440971143.png

Last edited:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked the guys at Bison Gear, if there is a mounting option also available for the Trialmaster. That is their reply:

"Currently, we have no access to Grenadier Trialmaster Edition to check. Installation of the shelf require mounting points visible on the photo below. On Trailmaster it might be required to remove the plastic cover, drill a hole in it and then reinstall it (probably under the cover there are mounting points - same as on Utility Wagon).
We will check it as soon as we get access to Trailmaster."

So, who dares to "drill the hole"???
I will do it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
mounting point is ready. also in Trialmaster.
Picture shows thread when cover is off
ABLVV84tGqcVAxf7lYXdilF49BSfFQxPetQZiuSkJuUAJQW9GcYAuLMkqjn7dZ0tOQLKS6X3j6VUX4LdSXmK4ib48LDOroLCYu_qIQWGiXsu34D5Md9WRZBrUXV5qvZd-3dy4kECc7nVcVQV5quipUaElNayQZBPFcfkpKaS34osEDifkRwOVeJUqPgtNw4oC1A7UVuTUb4l5VKx4aMF0v20syZ8BoCNamvOdZSGBKqod5OZy87jbwNHKN5zIJiUl4jDuLFBmHnEM--JSm_piWAi1mREKyCxstoqHcNFtehUeV9Qddd8XorOo7-nmUFJFQe9oaCE4C00p7QFdEGGDhlnxxWwkTQ4rH20sd2WYbmpHPozSyn9mNbMA7RnKItTH-sLosDphOgxE3xXxnvlBiSkSEeUpIKna-RFKLiKLtCf7NI4tDx-KPOcUUQyy85lr_M-Cx9O0NkIaUf7UjTqhBSK3N3x_u4ulAXagS5ymFDjzOsd8_qmVOv1b9iqf9DYLarGvhR7ehj0u8AZwob9xny8JnA1nHBNkjfwH5nSDFPEhPzUD7nDdykc0LgGmGQ7WxWKu4-_7OQtWwbNv3FtpXvMJDIUAj8bAQ2cU9OMUvWb4gmJrkLYQOABwqarZbm296-s8bE5YPEwfHc15OxcjkWNqOdpZGd2pXqONgmVhFq-I0UO4_pFjBrVDwpJ8b2e6-tPE7CYH1S5WrdEpSrWQ7CqJ-KLANxnpunb3LgNDZrGLEBUpp9ZSHCOSVCahDQ_JKqDUyWsvvhpFuf1LNZ14X4eb74hOjlWCltmOcrNkF5_LAivS4rGERyibumTNhATGw_ONbGwF9ni2VtcNcq0mpvf7ilatVfygTUvp7LC_BL1JolTOQO_P--pICz-B9OyqVwpfkcRDko=w1948-h2598-s-no

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie thanks buddy 👍🏼 i knew it - that i have seen it in some post before.
What would be doable solution to tie such details closer but also make them easaley to refind again? @Stu_Barnes

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will do it.
Thank you for posting the picture. I couldn't check the mounting points as my Grenadier is getting a new transfer gear-box and is in the garage for a couple of days. I will do it, too!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
@rovie thanks buddy 👍🏼 i knew it - that i have seen it in some post before.
What would be doable solution to tie such details closer but also make them easaley to refind again? @Stu_Barnes
@minidok If you want to save a particular post for future reference you can create a bookmark. Click on the icon next to the post number on the thread.
To access these in future click on your avatar to open up your profile page then select bookmarks. They’ll all be there.

Also click on the magnifying glass to open the search function, then advanced and you’ve access to many more filters.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Like Bison Gear mount, but were I to make something of that sort, I'd try to tuck them closer to the rear window. Like, inboard of the edge of the rain gutter rather than outboard.

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Like Bison Gear mount, but were I to make something of that sort, I'd try to tuck them closer to the rear window. Like, inboard of the edge of the rain gutter rather than outboard.
Updated Bison Gear panel is much closer to the truck. As you can see on image below panel is compatible with roof rack offered by Grenadier dealers.

PXL_20231128_121527969.jpg

Back
Top Bottom