The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas First impression

rbarsk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Finally got to drive the Grenadier. Very impressed. Some recommendations for INEOS
1. Sun shade for Safari windows
2. Lane change warning
3. The rear view mirror would be more useful with a camera feed as the tire and ear windows obscure vision.

Curious what others think

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Finally got to drive the Grenadier. Very impressed. Some recommendations for INEOS
2. Lane change warning
3. The rear view mirror would be more useful with a camera feed as the tire and ear windows obscure vision.

Hi rbarsky, I have the rear view camara mirror in my 2020 Defender. Although it took me a little while to get used to the wider view, once I did it was fantastic and should be at least an option on the Grenadier. I am likely going to fit an aftermarket one, providing I can find one with high resolution.
I also like the idea of a retractable sun screen for the Safari Windows and Lane change warning is great for safety. DaBull

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
2. Lane change warning

Aftermarket can already supply #1. Plenty of generic options aftermarket for #3

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Wife and I drove on the road yesterday. After figuring out the steering isn't an issue if you only use one hand, it is amazing. Can't fully understand why driving with one hand feels smooth and natural but not with two. It totally works so try it right away. I think maybe with two hand you are over adjusting and correctly a loose steering at low speeds when you do need to be do anything at all. It tightens up real nice at higher speeds.

Regal seems like really good guys you can trust with such an big investment. Thanks for accommodating us!

rbarsk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi rbarsky, I have the rear view camara mirror in my 2020 Defender. Although it took me a little while to get used to the wider view, once I did it was fantastic and should be at least an option on the Grenadier. I am likely going to fit an aftermarket one, providing I can find one with high resolution.
I also like the idea of a retractable sun screen for the Safari Windows and Lane change warning is great for safety. DaBull

rbarsk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also have on my defender the rear view camera It is excellent. Not sure how the wiring or electrical connection on the Grenadier would have to be done.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi DaBull
I fitted the Wolfbox rear view mirror. Very happy with the results and at a budget price. A big contribution to safety I would say.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaBull
I fitted the Wolfbox rear view mirror. Very happy with the results and at a budget price. A big contribution to safety I would say.
Do tell? Did you tap into the wiring and replace the original?

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
Copied from another thread regarding my test drive in Plano, Tx:

The Fieldmaster was on par with my expectations. The BMW six was more than adequate to get it to 70 mph on the tollway with a ride that was reasonably quiet. Control was confident at speed, there is some body roll in corners but that was expected, and seating was comfortable. I felt like I was riding higher than an F-150 passing me. I could drive this all day.

Some things took a short time to get used to. Slower driving on surface streets will remind you that the steering requires a little more active participation from the driver since it doesn't recenter as easily as most cars. It took me two turns to get used to it but I imagine less vigilant or lazy drivers might be turned off by this. I like the visibility out the front but might want slightly more area with the sideview mirrors to cover the blind spots. I took no offense to the visibility offered by the rear view mirror. No gauge cluster in my direct field of view is novel but glancing left to get info from the infotainment screen is easy enough. It was a warm sunny day and the safari windows may have contributed to some of the heat in the cabin. The AC seemed to keep up with it and I expect aftermarket sun shades will be needed for the summer.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do tell? Did you tap into the wiring and replace the original?
I replaced the fuse to the 12 volt power outlet with the lower watt fuse of the Wolfbox connection. If I want the security to work in a car park, flicking one of the overhead switches leaves it running full time. Otherwise, comes on and off with ignition.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The Fieldmaster was on par with my expectations. The BMW six was more than adequate to get it to 70 mph on the tollway with a ride that was reasonably quiet. Control was confident at speed, there is some body roll in corners but that was expected, and seating was comfortable. I felt like I was riding higher than an F-150 passing me. I could drive this all day.

Some things took a short time to get used to. Slower driving on surface streets will remind you that the steering requires a little more active participation from the driver since it doesn't recenter as easily as most cars. It took me two turns to get used to it but I imagine less vigilant or lazy drivers might be turned off by this. I like the visibility out the front but might want slightly more area with the sideview mirrors to cover the blind spots. I took no offense to the visibility offered by the rear view mirror. No gauge cluster in my direct field of view is novel but glancing left to get info from the infotainment screen is easy enough. It was a warm sunny day and the safari windows may have contributed to some of the heat in the cabin. The AC seemed to keep up with it and I expect aftermarket sun shades will be needed for the summer.
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The only bit of your feedback that surprised me was body roll. I have experienced none, and get the impression that the vehicle would slide before body roll was invoked. The Grenadier is a fabulous vehicle regardless as I think, you have deduced.
Wishing you all the best.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Idahorocks, I concur with the steering, in taking my first turn I had to react quickly to return the wheel to center. After driving a few miles I could see that I would get used to it given a bit of time and that it would become second nature. I also liked the command view visibility from the front. In regard to the rear mirrors, I always place a round convex 2" mirror on my vehicles on both side mirrors to cover the blind spot area. They kept me from changing lanes many times. After experiencing the incredible rear view video mirror in my 2020 Defender I will get one outfitted on the Grenadier. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I replaced the fuse to the 12 volt power outlet with the lower watt fuse of the Wolfbox connection. If I want the security to work in a car park, flicking one of the overhead switches leaves it running full time. Otherwise, comes on and off with ignition.
Hi Cheshire cat, I went online and looked at the Wolfbox rear view video mirror and read many favorable reviews. Thanks for the heads up on the Wolfbox.
Could you explain in a bit more detail about your install from where you got your power and how you ran the rear view camara wiring and where you mounted it too.
Thanks, DaBull

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire cat, I went online and looked at the Wolfbox rear view video mirror and read many favorable reviews. Thanks for the heads up on the Wolfbox.
Could you explain in a bit more detail about your install from where you got your power and how you ran the rear view camara wiring and where you mounted it too.
Thanks, DaBull
Hi DaBull
I think I put a little bit about this on another thread, but allow me to get home and I can PM you with more accurate details. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaBull
I think I put a little bit about this on another thread, but allow me to get home and I can PM you with more accurate details. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.
Even if it’s a duplicate post, please share for all as I’m equally curious.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even if it’s a dupli post, please share for all as I’m equally curious.
Just listened to your latest podcast. Great listening as always but feels strange in that you guys in the US still only surmising as to ownership. Very happy to report that if you enjoy any older version of the Defender / Series, you will love your Grenadier. Well worth the wait and anticipation.

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The only bit of your feedback that surprised me was body roll. I have experienced none, and get the impression that the vehicle would slide before body roll was invoked. The Grenadier is a fabulous vehicle regardless as I think, you have deduced.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks, it is a great product. Amazing really considering the evolution to this point. The body roll observation came from a fast lane change as I was was maneuvering to enter the onramp for a freeway. Not serious and probably similar to other body on frame SUV's if driven the same way. I'm sure some skid pad tests have or will be done. And I may be sensitive to body roll considering my daily driver is a Corvette.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just listened to your latest podcast. Great listening as always but feels strange in that you guys in the US still only surmising as to ownership. Very happy to report that if you enjoy any older version of the Defender / Series, you will love your Grenadier. Well worth the wait and anticipation.
Thank you for listening. Not unlike the NA section of the forum, the show is us verbally twittering our thumbs!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, it is a great product. Amazing really considering the evolution to this point. The body roll observation came from a fast lane change as I was was maneuvering to enter the onramp for a freeway. Not serious and probably similar to other body on frame SUV's if driven the same way. I'm sure some skid pad tests have or will be done. And I may be sensitive to body roll considering my daily driver is a Corvette.
Yes coming from a Corvette it’s going to be different, but for a 4wd the body stability is remarkable well ahead of its class.

Back
Top Bottom