The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Factory fitted auxiliary battery in the trialmaster

PetefromOZ

Production/Transit
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I’m due to take delivery of my trialmaster in the next few weeks and was wondering whether anyone can advise what outlets the auxiliary battery fitted as standard in the trialmaster provides power to, if at all?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @PetefromOZ !! Hope you enjoy the "to and fro". There's a lot of information and useful knowledge to be gleaned from others' experiences.
Beware however: this "place" is can be addictive .. there's no cure ATM. :devilish: :ROFLMAO:
Back to your question:
There are no outlets directly connected to the auxiliary battery. The main battery carries the load and is pulse charged by the auxiliary via the Smartpass device....
Strange setup from what we might expect: yes... different design philosophy from the usual dual battery arrangements we employ in Aus.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Trialmaster AU has the aux power option as standard. So, you have 4 power outlets on the roof (but only two circuits). They come fitted with Deutsch DTP plugs, read here.

Both footwells have 10 amp circuits with bare wires only (no plugs fitted), watch here.

The battery compartment has a 40 amp circuit with 3 bare wires, look here and especially read here.

Under the bonnet you have a 10 amp circuit. That's your homework, the answer is on the forum.

The Trialmaster comes with a 5 stud busbar on the main battery and a 7 stud busbar on the aux battery. You can run your own circuits from any spare stud, read here.

LOWER RATED CIRCUITS FROM BATTERY TERMINALS
Ideas for this type of circuit can be found here.

FUSES
If you want to know about the INEOS fuses read here.

CTEK CHARGERS
If you want to know about the CTEK 120S read here. The post also covers the CTEK 250SE (DC to DC charger with solar input).

UHF INSTALL
Watch John Canny's video here, and if you need mounting brackets go here.

TORQUE SETTINGS
If you want to know what torque settings to use for the busbar fuses and CTEK units (plus other stuff), look here.

Last edited:

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m due to take delivery of my trialmaster in the next few weeks and was wondering whether anyone can advise what outlets the auxiliary battery fitted as standard in the trialmaster provides power to, if at all?
It is my understanding that the auxiliary battery is only there to assist the main starter battery. It is not connected to any of the auxiliary outlets. I have added a Anderson Plug to the Smartpass consumer outlet.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the auxiliary battery is only there to assist the main starter battery. It is not connected to any of the auxiliary outlets. I have added a Anderson Plug to the Smartpass consumer outlet.
They might say that, but any decent auto-electrician can make a few changes to what is installed to do what you want.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They might say that, but any decent auto-electrician can make a few changes to what is installed to do what you want.
I've been pouring over my Trialmaster for the past 2 months taking note of how the electrical system has been installed. It is very well integrated for what was intended.
Sure an auto electrician can change and adapt, however, from a risk mitigation perspective the existing integration of power, fuses and relays together with the canbus control system is best left alone and additional requirements be met as you rightly pointed out above, utilising the vacant busbar slots and / or direct connection to the auxiliary battery ;)

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
The Trialmaster AU has the aux power option as standard. So, you have 4 power outlets on the roof (but only two circuits). They come fitted with Deutsch DTP plugs, read here.

Both footwells have 10 amp circuits with bare wires only (no plugs fitted), watch here.

The battery compartment has a 40 amp circuit with 3 bare wires, look here and especially read here.

Under the bonnet you have a 10 amp circuit. That's your homework, the answer is on the forum.

The Trialmaster comes with a 5 stud busbar on the main battery and a 7 stud busbar on the aux battery. You can run your own circuits from any spare stud, read here.

LOWER RATED CIRCUITS FROM BATTERY TERMINALS
Ideas for this type of circuit can be found here.

FUSES
If you want to know about the INEOS fuses read here.

CTEK CHARGERS
If you want to know about the CTEK 120S read here. The post also covers the CTEK 250SE (DC to DC charger with solar input).

UHF INSTALL
Watch John Canny's video here, and if you need mounting brackets go here.
Awesome summary Doc 😁👍🏼
Strangely legible for a Doc too 🤔

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And using all those extras power outlets with the aux power option.
Speaking of power outlets… I’m not sure I see where the roof outlets are fused on the diagrams provided. I wonder can you assist?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of power outlets… I’m not sure I see where the roof outlets are fused on the diagrams provided. I wonder can you assist?
That information is on the website, but I will need to find it. I can see the battery box (the 3 wire ends using fuse FI13) and the footwell fuses (FI29 and FI30) on the fuse box called the Interior Electrical Centre (what is labelled Fuse Box 1 in the Fuse thread here).

EDIT: found it in what is labelled fuse box 1B in the Fuse thread, look here. It is located near the main battery. There is no fuse diagram for this one, only a photo annotated by Jean Mericer.
1696961707587.png

1710101825548.png

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That information is on the website, but I will need to find it. I can see the battery box (the 3 wire ends using fuse FI13) and the footwell fuses (FI29 and FI30) on the fuse box called the Interior Electrical Centre (what is labelled Fuse Box 1 in the Fuse thread here).

EDIT: found it in what is labelled fuse box 1B in the fuse thread, look here. It is located near the aux battery. There is no fuse diagram for this one, only a photo annotated by Jean Mericer.
View attachment 7829309
Oh, that’s awesome - thanks for your assistance (and of course @Jean Mercier )

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score

EDIT: found it in what is labelled fuse box 1B in the Fuse thread, look here. It is located near the aux battery. There is no fuse diagram for this one, only a photo annotated by Jean Mericer.
View attachment 7829309
The original picture is from @DCPU , I only added the info of the 4 fuses (text without boxes)

Back
Top Bottom