The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Engine continues noise

Shaheens

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I got my Grenadier Fieldmaster few weeks back from Dubai dealer, the car is amazing on-road and off-road, except for one issue bothering the comfort of enjoying the drive.

I have a continues noise coming from the engine, the noise never stops even while parked, driving slow or fast and during off-road, the dealer service center says all Grenadiers has the same noise.

Is anyone experiencing such noise?

You can hear the noise in the attached video.
View attachment ef156f09-4852-4ee7-ad21-b07cafad6401.mov

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
Mine certainly does not sound like that!

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
If it's the high pitched noise, that's not normal. It does possibly sound like a power steering issue.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
not normal. what does it take to make the high pitch noise change tone? revs, moving steering wheel, selecting drive etc etc??

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is the steering pump whistling/whining noise. Very noisy I agree and according to the dealer It’s normal.

Mine does this but after a few thousand miles the noise starts to go away. However you can check the steering fluid CHF11S to see if it’s full.

Shaheens

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I drove the car 2,000 KM but sadly the noise is still there. It’s a continues noise from the minute I start the car until I reach my destination and switch off the car.

Moving the steering makes the noise tone change. But the noise doesn’t go when I make the steering centered or untouched.

The CHF11S is full.

Is there anyway to reach out to Grenadier directly to solve this issue?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I drove the car 2,000 KM but sadly the noise is still there. It’s a continues noise from the minute I start the car until I reach my destination and switch off the car.

Moving the steering makes the noise tone change. But the noise doesn’t go when I make the steering centered or untouched.

The CHF11S is full.

Is there anyway to reach out to Grenadier directly to solve this issue?
Reach out to the dealer or Ineos and lets us know whether this whistling noise is indeed a fault or normal. I do agree it doesn’t sound right. Is yours a diesel by the way. Mine is.

Shaheens

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reach out to the dealer or Ineos and lets us know whether this whistling noise is indeed a fault or normal. I do agree it doesn’t sound right. Is yours a diesel by the way. Mine is.
@Skydance mine is petrol. And apparently it’s not normal noise as per the comments I received in the forum, but sadly the dealer in Dubai says it’s normal and Inoes are not replying to my emails.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
@Skydance mine is petrol. And apparently it’s not normal noise as per the comments I received in the forum, but sadly the dealer in Dubai says it’s normal and Inoes are not replying to my emails.
Ask to test drive a demo. Compare the noise.

Reactions: AWo

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My vehicle does this and apparently it is fine, according to the dealer. Other vehicles made same sound at dealers when I asked for a comparison. 5,500 miles in all ok, and it has 5 years to fail.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
I have zero noise (as others have posted here)

The dealers use the line ‘they are all like that’ for many issues which is not correct. This forum shows that they are not all like that :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
No, absolutely not normal.

Apart from that: No car manufacturer would ever sell a car with such a noise "from factory". Ridiculous.

It's unbelievable how cheekily some dealers/agents try to fool customers. (n) 🤬
typo

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
If it's the high pitched noise, that's not normal. It does possibly sound like a power steering issue.
Although this is not impossible, I do not believe that this is the case: the noise of a broken or overloaded power steering usually appears when the steering is under stress. But here the steering was not stressed because the car is on a flat surface and drives straight ahead. I.e. there are no ruts that anyone wants to steer out of.

But it could be one of the drive belts for the engine units (which can be the power steering pump but may be caused by the belt not the pump).

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
Just throwing stuff out there but I agree its either the pump, and thats what I said in someone elses thread too, also sounds like a bad pulley bearing.

Reactions: Max

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello,
I got my Grenadier Fieldmaster few weeks back from Dubai dealer, the car is amazing on-road and off-road, except for one issue bothering the comfort of enjoying the drive.

I have a continues noise coming from the engine, the noise never stops even while parked, driving slow or fast and during off-road, the dealer service center says all Grenadiers has the same noise.

Is anyone experiencing such noise?

You can hear the noise in the attached video.
View attachment 7845111
Have not heard anything like that on all the vehicles I’ve heard in Australia. To me it sounds like a belt, bearing or possibly a pump noise - I would definitely say not normal.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Something's definitely wrong.

Back
Top Bottom