The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3 States, 650 miles, 13 hrs of driving, 1 Blizzard and 1 Check Engine Light

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Finally time to go back to work. Only problem was I was 2 states away with a truck to get home. Sure, I knew the snow was coming, my wife told me to leave last night, but my bed was just soooooo comfortable. Today I drove from Durango Colorado to Yuma Arizona. I woke up at 5 to 3 inches on the ground and a steady snow that lasted for 400 miles. Truck did amazing. While seemed a little loose in some areas it never got squirrely. I was trying to compare it to our GX and thinking that it wasn’t quite as good in the snow, however as I was getting to Phoenix and out of the snow my wife called me telling me she was stuck in the GX in the mall parking lot up in Durango. At that point I felt pretty good. Also passed 10-15 cars that had slid off the road and trucks stuck on the slightest of grades so I think it was slipperier then I had initially thought. Truck really did do well. Super comfortable. Drove about half with the Center Diff locked. Seemed a little more sure footed but then the ESC turns off so not sure what would be best. Anytime speeds got above 30 or 40 I unlocked the center diff and let the truck do the job. Unfortunately as I was coming into Phoenix I got a check engine light and cruise stopped working. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 113

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Steering Control Module malfunctioned on mine… started with an ESC error which would clear on next startup, but then escalated. Thinking it might be this as, if I understand it correctly, this module handles column and steering wheel functions. Replaced under warranty - dealership had one in their initial stock sent by Ineos. Any other symptoms?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No other symptoms other then the cruise control not working.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pull the codes with an odb2 scanner and let's see what it has to say

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll have to wait until I get back to Tucson to pull the codes.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Pull the codes with an odb2 scanner and let's see what it has to say
Oh, should’ve mentioned elsewhere that a generic code scanner may have reduced functionality on the Gren.

My Foxwell Diagnostics device can harvest codes but can’t reset/clear them.

Everything that it did list was already available in the Vehicle Information screens.

If your device produces more than the vehicle already self-reports please let us know!

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
That is the bad thing about a capable rig in the snow, you are called on to help stuck vehicles all the time. Its a good idea to carry a tow truck bridle and soft shackle for dealing with street cars and cross over junk. I helped snag a Chevy off a cliff on Wolf Creek Pass at New Years, and a dozen in our neighborhood so far this winter. Had the group on Wolf Creek continued with the method they were using the truck would have rolled. :eek: I sure hope Ineos gets these parts upgraded that keep failing before mine is produced next summer!

Flinthills

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
I just picked up my trialmaster in Colorado on Thursday, drove it home to Kansas through a nasty winter storm. The truck performed well! The only problems that popped up so far, and was annoying, was the temperature control. I had to keep it all the way in the blue to keep us from roasting! If you moved it just a smidge from "all the way in the blue", you could cook a turkey. I was constantly moving it one click up or down to stay comfortable, since rolling down the window was not an option. I also was annoyed by the warnings coming from speed limit sign readings. It is a pain remembering to turn it off each time you start the vehicle. Lastly, because of the sand put on the road, I have a large stone chip to have repaired.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update. Since I was already in Yuma AZ and about 800 miles closer to San Diego than my dealer I decided to give Mossy Ineos a call. The told me to bring it in in the morning which was super nice of them. This afternoon I drove the 150 miles to San Diego. CarPlay wouldn’t work and then the screen froze up for the second half of the drive. When I hit the hotel I couldn’t get the radio to shut off so I pulled the 20a fuse. After sticking the fuse back in all was good. Check engine light was off. Everything seemed to be back to normal. I’ll still bring it into Mossy tomorrow and see what they say but I have high hopes all is good. I’ll give an update when I know more. Truck drove great by the way, seems to get smoother and smoother.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Finally time to go back to work. Only problem was I was 2 states away with a truck to get home. Sure, I knew the snow was coming, my wife told me to leave last night, but my bed was just soooooo comfortable. Today I drove from Durango Colorado to Yuma Arizona. I woke up at 5 to 3 inches on the ground and a steady snow that lasted for 400 miles. Truck did amazing. While seemed a little loose in some areas it never got squirrely. I was trying to compare it to our GX and thinking that it wasn’t quite as good in the snow, however as I was getting to Phoenix and out of the snow my wife called me telling me she was stuck in the GX in the mall parking lot up in Durango. At that point I felt pretty good. Also passed 10-15 cars that had slid off the road and trucks stuck on the slightest of grades so I think it was slipperier then I had initially thought. Truck really did do well. Super comfortable. Drove about half with the Center Diff locked. Seemed a little more sure footed but then the ESC turns off so not sure what would be best. Anytime speeds got above 30 or 40 I unlocked the center diff and let the truck do the job. Unfortunately as I was coming into Phoenix I got a check engine light and cruise stopped working. Anyone have any ideas?
Funny that you “felt pretty good” upon learning your wife was stuck in the snow lol :)

On a serious note, I suspect letting traction control do its thing might be better than having the center diff locked, but that’s just a guess. Guessing the computer has faster reflexes than me.

MalcolmT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
That is the bad thing about a capable rig in the snow, you are called on to help stuck vehicles all the time. It’s a good idea to carry a tow truck bridle and soft shackle for dealing with street cars and cross over junk. I helped snag a Chevy off a cliff on Wolf Creek Pass at New Years, and a dozen in our neighborhood so far this winter. Had the group on Wolf Creek continued with the method they were using the truck would have rolled. :eek: I sure hope Ineos gets these parts upgraded that keep failing before mine is produced next summer!
Keep praying mine has been off the road and
‘Unroadworthy’ since 19 December 2023. Rejected vehicle in February when steering box replacement did not make the vehicle safe and roadworthy!! No Ineos engineering back up for service agents except for bulls**t. It took 5 months to update or replace software which takes 24hrs and it is still a joke.

Back
Top Bottom