The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Grenny impressions after 800 miles.

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenny on December 26th from Red Noland in Colorado Springs. My 14 year old son and I flew from Kansas City to Denver late Christmas day. Chris picked me up from my hotel and my Grenny was clean and ready to go. The handover/process was very smooth and I was out of there in about an hour, Chris and Christine were great! We then drove 2.5 hours in stop and go traffic to Breckenridge. I received a ton of looks driving and had a lady in a G wagon almost rear end someone in downtown Breck because she was in an open mouthed stare! We spent 4 days in Breck and then drove the 10 hours back to KC at 83 mph. As soon as I got home I replaced the stock 255/70/18 AT's with Nitto Recon 285/65/18's. Before and after pics below.

Pro's

Solid build and sturdy as a tank.
Comfortable Seats.
Seating position is excellent.
View from windshield/safari windows.
Seat heaters are hot!
HVAC system worked great.
My stop/start button doesn't work and the vehicle thinks it's off permanately!
Engine was great climbing altitude and coming down.
Permanent smile!

Con's

Steering is perfectly fine and easy to manage on normal roads but you work harder in the mountains/on twisty roads.
There was a ton of wind going up so the vehicle moved back and forth a little more than I was used to.
Gas tank is small, had to stop for gas more often.
Experiencing some electrical gremlins, auto start/stop button, random warning lights, hood open warning even though it was closed.
Turning radius is tight and you need some practice to understand how and where to park.
Backup camera is small.
Premium audio isn't great.

For those that are comparing this on a spreadsheet to a high end luxury road SUV this may not be the best option for you. For me, none of the cons would keep me from driving this everyday with a huge smile on my face. Ineos knocked it out of the park and this is a great piece of machinery.

IMG_7612.jpgIMG_7617.jpgIMG_7584.jpg

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenny on December 26th from Red Noland in Colorado Springs. My 14 year old son and I flew from Kansas City to Denver late Christmas day. Chris picked me up from my hotel and my Grenny was clean and ready to go. The handover/process was very smooth and I was out of there in about an hour, Chris and Christine were great! We then drove 2.5 hours in stop and go traffic to Breckenridge. I received a ton of looks driving and had a lady in a G wagon almost rear end someone in downtown Breck because she was in an open mouthed stare! We spent 4 days in Breck and then drove the 10 hours back to KC at 83 mph. As soon as I got home I replaced the stock 255/70/18 AT's with Nitto Recon 285/65/18's. Before and after pics below.

Pro's

Solid build and sturdy as a tank.
Comfortable Seats.
Seating position is excellent.
View from windshield/safari windows.
Seat heaters are hot!
HVAC system worked great.
My stop/start button doesn't work and the vehicle thinks it's off permanately!
Engine was great climbing altitude and coming down.
Permanent smile!

Con's

Steering is perfectly fine and easy to manage on normal roads but you work harder in the mountains/on twisty roads.
There was a ton of wind going up so the vehicle moved back and forth a little more than I was used to.
Gas tank is small, had to stop for gas more often.
Experiencing some electrical gremlins, auto start/stop button, random warning lights, hood open warning even though it was closed.
Turning radius is tight and you need some practice to understand how and where to park.
Backup camera is small.
Premium audio isn't great.

For those that are comparing this on a spreadsheet to a high end luxury road SUV this may not be the best option for you. For me, none of the cons would keep me from driving this everyday with a huge smile on my face. Ineos knocked it out of the park and this is a great piece of machinery.

View attachment 7838167View attachment 7838168View attachment 7838169
Re the hood/bonnet open warning … there are 2-stage latches on both sides, so it’s easy to think the hood/bonnet is fully closed when it's not. Try dropping the hood/bonnet from an height of around 24 inches / 60cm. 🙂

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Re the hood/bonnet open warning … there are 2-stage latches on both sides, so it’s easy to think the hood/bonnet is fully closed when it's not. Try dropping the hood/bonnet from an height of around 24 inches / 60cm. 🙂
That's what I did, dealer walked through this with me during the handoff. You can't gently set it down and then push to lock, you have to drop it from 2-3 feet.

Local time
Reaction score
I'll have to keep a look out for yours around town. I've been rolling my LR4 for 8 years now and will probably be looking at a new Grenadier in another few years.

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'll have to keep a look out for yours around town. I've been rolling my LR4 for 8 years now and will probably be looking at a new Grenadier in another few years.
Happy to meet up if you want to test drive. I am in Lawrence.

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
A follow up to my initial post.

Electrical gremlins that I am experiencing:

Headlights are on auto but sometimes stay on all day sometimes they are off, very inconsistent. They do always work at night.
Random AEB warning light
ADAS favorite button doesn't always work and system is a little laggy. If I turn the car off and run into quicktrip for 3-4 minutes and come back the speed warning is still off. If I am out of the car longer than that I have to turn off the speed warning each time. Sometimes the speed warning comes on at 1 mile over, sometimes its 4 miles over or 6 miles over, very inconsistent.
HVAC system, overall works well except when first getting in the car. Will blow some cold air before warming up.

Hopefully all of these things are fixed with a software update at some point. None of these are deal breakers.

Back
Top Bottom