The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My First 10 weeks and 2000 Miles.

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
I would like to Share my First 2000 Miles and 10 weeks with my RHD Grenadier Commercial.
Positives
1) Makes me smile each time I drive it.
2) The General public do not know what it is looking for a badge etc I love not being branded with who makes it.
3) Coming from my Defender 110 2014 Crew Cab its night and day on the driving experiance
4) Being asked what is it and told it looks cool and strong.
5) My new Melvyn and Moon Key ring and Seat covers and dash top are top quality.
6) The dealer in northampton fantastic Kirsty and Oliver
7) Listening to people say its not a proper landrover
8) Built for purpose I have done the following towed a Augusta Helicopter, a Muck heap trailer 2 classic cars and recently Biomass material, I have hed several euro palletts in the back strapped in with various tools i use.

Negatives.
1) Seat Covers are pretty useless keep coming off despite tucking them in.
2) In car phone system lots of back ground noise above 65MPH just awful despite changing all settings on IOS device its pretty bad.
3) Customer service response times from HQ is not good get a action response number means nothing no one ever replies

Defects That will be adressed during first service.
1) Rear Camera needs calibrating to allow hitching to be easier.
2) Doors seals pooling water when opening.
3) Drivers door lock push button sticking.
4) Vibration between 60-70 MPH most definately engine or transmission harmonics.
5) In Car Phone system.

Thats about it well done Ineos

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Defects That will be adressed during first service.
1) Rear Camera needs calibrating to allow hitching to be easier.
2) Doors seals pooling water when opening.
3) Drivers door lock push button sticking.
4) Vibration between 60-70 MPH most definately engine or transmission harmonics.
5) In Car Phone system.

Thats about it well done Ineos
In theory, IA/dealers/agents are working on points 2 and 3.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Positives
5) My new Melvyn and Moon Key ring and Seat covers and dash top are top quality.

Negatives.
1) Seat Covers are pretty useless keep coming off despite tucking them in.

Thanks for sharing.
Are both remarks about the M&M covers?
Love the color!

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The thing I am learning is you must test everything, and conduct a VERY comprehensive test drive before making the long drive home.
Someone should produce a pre flight checklist in pdf.
It gets confusing reading related stuff all the time.

When I buy a vintage shotgun, I have a check list, and a small set of tools I use to evaluate the purchase.
It’s -4 here now, I’ll be performing a complete HVAC evaluation on my vehicle prior to signing for anything.
I’m a little weirded out by the low expectations announced here all the time from people all around the world. Normally, I expect everything to work as promised, and the car to stay dry on a trip through the car wash.
It almost seems to me people are working hard to convince me otherwise.

Local time
Reaction score

When I buy a vintage shotgun, I have a check list, and a small set of tools I use to evaluate the purchase.
It’s -4 here now, I’ll be performing a complete HVAC evaluation on my vehicle prior to signing for anything.
I’m a little weirded out by the low expectations announced here all the time from people all around the world. Normally, I expect everything to work as promised, and the car to stay dry on a trip through the car wash.
There does seem to be a willingness among the enthusiastic to tamp-down what most people would consider "normal" expectations for any new vehicle - let alone one that starts at $71,000 US.

The same thing existed in the Jeep community, embodied in the phrase "Its a Jeep thing". Putting up with leaks and the lack of creature comforts was totally acceptable when a Jeep was a stripped-down utility vehicle, but when Jeep started raising prices it became harder to accept. Having water dripping on my feet was kind of fun in my 1978 CJ-7. In the summer it was cool and refreshing; in cold weather, I just wore boots. The CJ cost me $2,000 in 1984; it had a 4.2 liter I6, a 3-speed manual transmission, and it was a ragtop with leather doors that could not be locked. And it was pretty much unstoppable off-road. It started on the first try after I tipped it on its side into a frozen creek and winched it back onto its tires. I also had a side-view mirror fly off the vehicle while I was driving down the highway - almost hitting my back-seat passenger in the head. Its a Jeep thing.

There are attributes of a body-on-frame, solid-axle vehicle that a Grenadier-owner must accept, and these may be viewed as negatives by folks more used to the ride and handling of a BMW or Porsche SUV. However, for those accustomed to body-on-frame, solid-axle vehicles, these attributes are celebrated. I have absolutely zero complaints about the ride and handling of the Grenadier. But there is nothing about a body-on-frame, solid-axle vehicle that prevents it from having a well-functioning HVAC system, a water-tight cabin, a reliable electrical system, or a driving environment free from harassing noises if the speed limit is surpassed by 1 mile per hour.

Being excited about a vehicle should not prevent one from holding it to appropriate standards.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We know there are some problems with the vehicle, but trust me we don't all have vehicles that are about to disintegrate around us.

We have all read the threads - I even started one on the SOFTWARE DEBACLE. However, this problem has now been eliminated and was the only one that really affected all of us.

It has been said on this Forum, that we are all accepting low standards and this is becoming the normal. I disagree and I am honestly very pleased with the vehicle.

INEOS is a new car company producing a new vehicle and yes there are problems, but in my case minor issues (unlike some others). My vehicle was at the agent today for SEVEN recall items. Which means that the engineers are attempting to resolve issues when they are reported to them

So, what are my vehicle issues.
1) Sticking door buttons (two doors). INEOS are working on the problem (there is an intermediate fix).
2) AUTO Light function does not work (lights always on).
3) Precise control of the HEVAC system is lacking (I do get HEAT or COLD selections).

Wish List
1) Driver Grab Handle
2) Smoother Volume Control
3)Tow Bar (lack of) - however there are people who will now fit one.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We know there are some problems with the vehicle, but trust me we don't all have vehicles that are about to disintegrate around us.

We have all read the threads - I even started one on the SOFTWARE DEBACLE. However, this problem has now been eliminated and was the only one that really affected all of us.

It has been said on this Forum, that we are all accepting low standards and this is becoming the normal. I disagree and I am honestly very pleased with the vehicle.

INEOS is a new car company producing a new vehicle and yes there are problems, but in my case minor issues (unlike some others). My vehicle was at the agent today for SEVEN recall items. Which means that the engineers are attempting to resolve issues when they are reported to them

So, what are my vehicle issues.
1) Sticking door buttons (two doors). INEOS are working on the problem (there is an intermediate fix).
2) AUTO Light function does not work (lights always on).
3) Precise control of the HEVAC system is lacking (I do get HEAT or COLD selections).

Wish List
1) Driver Grab Handle
2) Smoother Volume Control
3)Tow Bar (lack of) - however there are people who will now fit one.
Yes, volume control needs 2 to 3x as many increments. I think it maxes at 12? Needs to be something like 24 to 36. The jumps in volume are too big between each increment.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
go to 11 spinal tap GIF

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score

Nope, I am with you. I expect the quality that is indicative of the pricing. By and large, that appears to be the case, except for electronics. Nicely, those are update-able and will iron out in a year or two. That's OK, I intend to keep this one for around 10 years or more. It's hardware issues that concern me - and to date the only one is leaking Safari Windows. When Ineos gets a fix, great. In the meantime I can assuredly seal a gap myself.

I went on other facebook and forum pages for the LC300, Defender 110/130 and LC 70-Series prior to me nailing down the Ineos as a purchase. They/ we all have issues with the cars. I look at 5 - 10 years from now though and see which ones flaws are fixable and which ones are hardware QC issues.... and I think the 70-series and then the Grenadier come out on top.

Back
Top Bottom