The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Merry Christmas and look what Bought

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenny on Thursday and immediately made an 800 mile trip. Today instead of watching Halmark my son and I drove around the desert a little. Like the truck a lot. Drives well, very comfortable position. A little louder then most new cars but quieter then any Jeep I have been in. Very similar road noise to our GX with some worn KO2s. Feels like it handles better now with a few miles on it, that may just be me though getting used to it. Today we got a chance to play with the transfer case and lockers. Does take its time with the lockers and for the dash lights to turn off when shifting back to an open center diff. They do turn off though. Also took quite a while for the lockers to stop blinking when turning them off. They felt like they disengaged but the lights continued to blink for quite a while. Center diff loosened up after shifting it 5 or 6 times today. I think everything will continue to loosen up and smooth up a bit. Truck is smooth off road. I didn’t air down but definitely smoother then our GX on washboard. Safari windows rattle though when open. Sound system is perfectly fine for me. I don’t see any reason to start replacing anything. The ADAS doesn’t bother me that much. Driving in town the lane assist doesn’t bother me much either but on twisty roads it is horrible. Steering doesn’t bother me at all either except on canyon roads at speed. Plenty of power, don’t need to change anything there. Needs more storage and cupholders in the rear. Overall I really like it and don’t regret the purchase at all. I have a feeling my son will gladly take it when I die and I am only 50 so it should be in the family for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_4925.jpeg
    IMG_4925.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4918.jpeg
    IMG_4918.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4935.jpeg
    IMG_4935.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 151

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Basically the same review I expect to write in a few days.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations! and what a great day to be out exploring.

Bartlett Lake? How’s the water level?

Last edited:

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We didn’t make it quite to horseshoe. Dicked around by Bartlett and then headed towards horseshoe but ran out of time so didn’t quite get there. Live in Tucson so I don’t know the area out there very well.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s quite a haul from Tucson, but definitely a great area to explore nevertheless. Merry Christmas!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Picked the truck up in Colorado Springs, drove to Durango to pick up my family, Drove to PHX for Xmas, will head back to Durango in a couple days and eventually make it back to Tucson. Truck has 900 miles on it so far since Thursday.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Heck ya, put some miles on that thing!

We just ordered, so we have some wait time ahead of us, but you may see us cruising around Tucson in the near future; when visiting our daughter at The U.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, completely agree on storage and rear cupholders 😂

None of the “big” issues that bother so many people don’t annoy me at all but cabin storage does!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked the truck up in Colorado Springs, drove to Durango to pick up my family, Drove to PHX for Xmas, will head back to Durango in a couple days and eventually make it back to Tucson. Truck has 900 miles on it so far since Thursday.
Sorry I missed your thread! Congratulating on finally getting yours!

I was busy packing Monday for my Tuesday flight and delivery in West Valley City, UT ( Salt Lake/ Warner Ineos). Hope we can get together sometime soon.
I broke 1000 miles yesterday.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Out checking things out today

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4947.jpeg
    IMG_4947.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
how is it in the snow??

It wasn't a real test unfortunately, more like packed down ice. Didn't air down, really just driving up to an overlook. Wandered around a little bit but I attribute that to track and the shorter wheelbase then I had in our DC Tundra. Really looking forward to getting to know it better.

Back
Top Bottom