The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Check engine light - fuel level sensor P0461

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
We can't pump for ourselves in NJ so I always need to ask the employee not to top off. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't mind you. I think it's just us and Oregon who are prohibited from using the gas station.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We can't pump for ourselves in NJ so I always need to ask the employee not to top off. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't mind you. I think it's just us and Oregon who are prohibited from using the gas station.

Wait is topping it off the big CEL trigger?

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right. Implying once the pump handle click off, don’t continue to add more manually.

I don’t ever do that so in my instance this is irrelevant.

Yeah same, I guess I never heard it put that way lol.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Weird how this is only happening to North American owners. I always top my Diesel right up, never had an issue. Makes me wonder if there's a different spec in the americas?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Weird how this is only happening to North American owners. I always top my Diesel right up, never had an issue. Makes me wonder if there's a different spec in the americas?
I've heard its due to a software bug - it may have only made it into the NA build.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
As said before during my African travels my petrol was topped up to the top of the filler neck virtually every time I bought fuel as seems to be the norm in that part of the world. Not had any issues at all.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Well... I just topped off and... shazam! Engine light comes on. I guess, after reading this thread, I will first wait to see if it clears, and then look into getting one of the two tools recommended here.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
I cleared the code with my code reader and it hasn’t returned since. Talked to the dealer and they said that once cleared it doesn’t seem to reappear (at least mine hasn’t). I had the same Land Rover PTSD initially as well. My advice would be to take to an Auto Zone or PepBoys and have them clear the code.
Which code reader do you use?

Back
Top Bottom