The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Recent build - still software issues?

Woodstove

Contract Signed
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Appreciate the comments regarding issues folk have had (thanks Trobex!). Here’s my experience after 3 days. Build no just shy of 9,000.

At higher speeds (consciously running in so 60 mph) a noticeable whine. Not that loud but I’d prefer it wasn’t there. Dealer says typical and normal. Maybe I’ve missed this on the forum?

On day two of ownership, it drove normally until various warnings related to stability control appeared and on the small screen an orange message, “gearbox” appeared. Then the vehicle went into a sort of limp mode - limited to 5 -10 mph. Cured by turning everything off and waiting half an hour.

This evening (Day three) something similar but without any warning lights/issues. After driving normally the accelerator (‘gas’) pedal suddenly became unresponsive. I crawled off the main road I was on at 1 - 2 mph, parked up. After waiting only a minute or two, on restart all was normal.

Crawling around in the dark on fast, hilly roads as I’ve done the last two nights is dangerous. It seems odd that the sort of limp mode cuts in whilst driving normally.

Woodstove

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Appreciate the comments regarding issues folk have had (thanks Trobex!). Here’s my experience after 3 days. Build no just shy of 9,000.

At higher speeds (consciously running in so 60 mph) a noticeable whine. Not that loud but I’d prefer it wasn’t there. Dealer says typical and normal. Maybe I’ve missed this on the forum?

On day two of ownership, it drove normally until various warnings related to stability control appeared and on the small screen an orange message, “gearbox” appeared. Then the vehicle went into a sort of limp mode - limited to 5 -10 mph. Cured by turning everything off and waiting half an hour.

This evening (Day three) something similar but without any warning lights/issues. After driving normally the accelerator (‘gas’) pedal suddenly became unresponsive. I crawled off the main road I was on at 1 - 2 mph, parked up. After waiting only a minute or two, on restart all was normal.

Crawling around in the dark on fast, hilly roads as I’ve done the last two nights is dangerous. It seems odd that the sort of limp mode cuts in whilst driving normally.

Woodstove
Wow that's not a good start for such a recent build. It seems peple are still getting Friday arvo builds even late in the build line up... that vehicle needs other dealer response and I wouldn't ever drive a car if it had a chance of going back in to limp mode - too dangerous for my family. I feel your pain.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
So far, so good with mine after a few weeks. It's not quiet like my Range Rover but I don't find it loud. Surprisingly quiet given the BFGs and the flat windshield.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
So far, so good with mine after a few weeks. It's not quiet like my Range Rover but I don't find it loud. Surprisingly quiet given the BFGs and the flat windshield.
So far so good after 2 days. I do notice a drone at throttle at 2000RPM going 60-70mph on the highway. Otherwise runs well and agreed pretty quiet.

Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Wow that's not a good start for such a recent build. It seems peple are still getting Friday arvo builds even late in the build line up... that vehicle needs other dealer response and I wouldn't ever drive a car if it had a chance of going back in to limp mode - too dangerous for my family. I feel your pain.
@trobex What are you referring to by "Friday arvo builds"? Any info would be helpful.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
@trobex What are you referring to by "Friday arvo builds"? Any info would be helpful.
The boys might be a bit lazy near quittin' time for the week - mid-week cars are usually better-built than M and F ones. And anything built the day after a drinking holiday are the worst - so they say. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
The boys might be a bit lazy near quittin' time for the week - mid-week cars are usually better-built than M and F ones. And anything built the day after a drinking holiday are the worst - so they say. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Oh No. Everyone is going to look at their build Day of Week now!

Back
Top Bottom