The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Email from INEOS - 22 May 2023

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi Jeremy,

It’s time for another update from INEOS Grenadier HQ and we’re taking the opportunity to answer some of your questions.

We know some of you are still facing bumps in the road, so we’ll address those. But we also want to highlight the progress we’ve made since our last email.

We’ve now built over 3,500 vehicles. And more than 1,500 are already with our retail partners across the globe.

When it comes to customer handovers, by the time this email lands we’ll have completed almost 500, with many more planned over the coming weeks.

Like you, we’re enjoying seeing photos of Grenadiers in the hands of customers on social media. But we’re also aware some of you can’t yet collect your vehicle, even though it might have already arrived at your retail partner. This is because we’re carrying out final quality checks, which are extremely important but also standard in the production of a new vehicle, such as the Grenadier. We see and hear your frustration, and please rest assured we’re working to ensure handovers happen as quickly as possible.
6649c412-b1e7-42a8-982a-1f7ca122b1f4.jpg
We also understand that some of you have been wondering when to expect your contract. So, here’s a summary of the steps and what you need to do:

1. DON’T FORGET THE ZEROS.
Before your vehicle begins production, you’ll receive your contract via DocuSign. To view it, please enter your order number, adding three zeros at the beginning of your number.

2. CHECK AND SIGN.
Check your specification is correct. Then provide your e-signature within seven days. You’ll receive an email confirming contract completion.

3. PAYMENT OPTIONS.
Once your Grenadier enters production, we’ll send another email asking how you wish to pay. This allows us to prepare the correct paperwork for you.

4. PAYMENT REQUEST.
After your Grenadier is built and passed to our logistics team, it begins its journey to your chosen retail partner. At this point, we’ll send an email requesting payment, which we will need before you collect your vehicle.

5. PAYMENT.
Once we’ve received your payment, we’ll send email confirmation.

6. HANDOVER.
When your vehicle arrives at your chosen retail partner, they’ll get it ready for handover and be in touch to arrange collection.
14d219a5-cc0f-4ccd-b71a-2e00b2845133.jpg
In the meantime, hear about what our three Hard Way Home winners make of their first drives in their new Grenadiers. Watch them give their verdicts from behind the wheel as they overcome challenge after challenge, starting in the Anti-Atlas Mountains.
And finally, we want to thank you for bearing with us. We’re nearly there and can’t wait to get you behind the wheel.

The Grenadier team

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Just received by Ineos:
"It’s time for another update from INEOS Grenadier HQ and we’re taking the opportunity to answer some of your questions.
We know some of you are still facing bumps in the road, so we’ll address those. But we also want to highlight the progress we’ve made since our last email.
We’ve now built over 3,500 vehicles. And more than 1,500 are already with our retail partners across the globe.
When it comes to customer handovers, by the time this email lands we’ll have completed almost 500, with many more planned over the coming weeks.
Like you, we’re enjoying seeing photos of Grenadiers in the hands of customers on social media. But we’re also aware some of you can’t yet collect your vehicle, even though it might have already arrived at your retail partner.
This is because we’re carrying out final quality checks, which are extremely important but also standard in the production of a new vehicle, such as the Grenadier. We see and hear your frustration, and please rest assured we’re working to ensure handovers happen as quickly as possible."

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received by Ineos:
"It’s time for another update from INEOS Grenadier HQ and we’re taking the opportunity to answer some of your questions.
Like you, we’re enjoying seeing photos of Grenadiers in the hands of customers on social media. But we’re also aware some of you can’t yet collect your vehicle, even though it might have already arrived at your retail partner.
This is because we’re carrying out final quality checks, which are extremely important but also standard in the production of a new vehicle, such as the Grenadier. We see and hear your frustration, and please rest assured we’re working to ensure handovers happen as quickly as possible."
Yeah . received the very same.. at least the company ist alive

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess we‘ve all received this email. Actually, I couldn‘t care less. Those emails are pure bulls***t. What I’m asking for - or expecting - is a specific and individual time schedule for each of us who have signed a contract and are waiting for their Grenadier. The Ineos Automotive experience is - in my opinion - the worst customer experience of all I’ve had so far.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They state that if you have signed your contract then the next step on this long road is an email asking how you want to pay, this signifies the car is now being built.

So would ideally like to know roughly what month this is likely to be.......or just waiting day to day for an email.

Oh well....

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"But we’re also aware some of you can’t yet collect your vehicle, even though it might have already arrived at your retail partner. This is because we’re carrying out final quality checks, which are extremely important" - who's this "we" - mine was low on power steering fluid and the response was "we don't check that"...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that given I ordered on day one. Got my car on 10th May and they've still only handed over 500 I'm bloody lucky. For the next folks waiting for the 1500 to be handed over I still say you will NOT be disappointed.
I am sure you are correct, hopefully days to go...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
An email sent out telling us what we knew already. I cannot get a response from anyone at IA regarding my order. Email and live chat are both useless. My retail partner gets even worse information with fake production dates and retraction of build slot date... I give up carrying for their "updates". I feel like IA will become a marketing focused company selling to "up market" buyers and will leave those wanting a utilitarian vehicle in the dust. This is like watching a B grade movie now..

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that given I ordered on day one. Got my car on 10th May and they've still only handed over 500 I'm bloody lucky. For the next folks waiting for the 1500 to be handed over I still say you will NOT be disappointed.
I'm worried about those at 5000 Plus in the queue, likely no chance of getting those vehicles in the southern hemisphere this year. The build times are too slow. 7 months in for 3000 and no actual clarification on how many they are producing daily/weekly. 7 months in and barely any handed over, many with QA problems. Bollywood!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
... at least the company ist alive
I am not sure about that. These emails do not contain anything that could not have been concocted by ChatGPT.

I saw too late that others had already drawn similar conclusions.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
An email sent out telling us what we knew already. I cannot get a response from anyone at IA regarding my order. Email and live chat are both useless. My retail partner gets even worse information with fake production dates and retraction of build slot date... I give up carrying for their "updates". I feel like IA will become a marketing focused company selling to "up market" buyers and will leave those wanting a utilitarian vehicle in the dust. This is like watching a B grade movie now..
No one seems to know anything - the whole buying process is flawed from beginning to end. No wonder so many people have decided to sell their vehicles on Autotrader (UK) - 16 to date. May even do the same myself - my contract said delivery February 1st 2023 - nearly 4 months later and still waiting.........

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No one seems to know anything - the whole buying process is flawed from beginning to end. No wonder so many people have decided to sell their vehicles on Autotrader (UK) - 16 to date. May even do the same myself - my contract said delivery February 1st 2023 - nearly 4 months later and still waiting.........
I believe that this type of comment has little to do with the interests of those who participate in this forum. It is perfectly legitimate to have negative opinions but, honestly, it seems to me unfair and useless towards those who still await, or already possess, a Grenadier with passion. Useful and legitimate reports of defects, absolutely useless questionable statistics and intentions of this kind.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Though the comparison is not really fair, it's an interesting one: Volkswagen produces 1250 Golfs.

Daily.

Last edited:

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, I find this email to be an absolute impertinence. It's been the same blah-blah for months.
Actually, I would expect INEOS to learn something from past and known communication mistakes and finally serve the customers with facts.
I am convinced that every customer understands the various problems that such a gigantic undertaking as the redesign of a vehicle brings with it.
INEOS should be happy to have such enthusiasts as customers. But the Grenadier enthusiasts do not deserve this blah-blah.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Agree with most of the comments above.
Two things really concern me:
still only 1 in 7 cars made to customers - so there must still be significant problems with eliminating known production issues
only 3,500 units in 30 weeks - average 25 a day - is less than half initially expected - and even if its higher now (maybe?) it's going to take INEOS 2 years to deliver the first years expected production (15,000) to customers - this is gotta have a big impact on US deliveries.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
To be honest, I find this email to be an absolute impertinence. It's been the same blah-blah for months.
Actually, I would expect INEOS to learn something from past and known communication mistakes and finally serve the customers with facts.
I am convinced that every customer understands the various problems that such a gigantic undertaking as the redesign of a vehicle brings with it.
INEOS should be happy to have such enthusiasts as customers. But the Grenadier enthusiasts do not deserve this blah-blah.
I for one find this blah blah not aimed at the enthusiasts but the up and coming...relax you will be an owner soon enough...happy motoring

Back
Top Bottom