The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing the "Delivery Date" removed from the website ?o_O
I have a build of 08/2023 and VIN already.

1697661997992.png

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing the "Delivery Date" removed from the website ?o_O
I have a build of 08/2023 and VIN already.

View attachment 7830114
Same happened for me last week... This just continues the trend of "whatever you do, don't believe the website tracker"

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Mine finally shows an active sales order and summary, but the summary is wrong. I ordered a Trialmaster and they list a Station Wagon. I emailed cust serv and my dealer (Elliot Bay on Seattle) and Elliot bay said they have the correct information and the website is incorrect. Why is it so difficult for IA to get the information correct?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine finally shows an active sales order and summary, but the summary is wrong. I ordered a Trialmaster and they list a Station Wagon. I emailed cust serv and my dealer (Elliot Bay on Seattle) and Elliot bay said they have the correct information and the website is incorrect. Why is it so difficult for IA to get the information correct?
Based on previous answers over the past months, it has to do with the fact that the website is manually updated instead of through some backend database

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone buying the Tesla CyberTruck ?? o_O

View attachment 7830129

In about the same amount of time Elon announced the cyber truck, Sir Jim Ratcliffe announced an intent to build not just a new truck from scratch but a new automotive company with no dealerships at the time. The truck is now in consumers driveways and the cyber truck is almost there.

That is pretty impressive.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In about the same amount of time Elon announced the cyber truck, Sir Jim Ratcliffe announced an intent to build not just a new truck from scratch but a new automotive company with no dealerships at the time. The truck is now in consumers driveways and the cyber truck is almost there.

That is pretty impressive.
The whole reservation fee generates lots of cash with no outlay. Sure, it's refundable, but a few hundred million in the bank draws a lot of interest.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a great way to secure financing as well.
“Hey look Mr. Banker, I have all of these orders lined up ready to go, all you have to do is lend me 1 billion or so to complete the construction of my factory.…”

Which is what has been so annoying to me. They’ve got thousands of orders lined up, and then they insert American car dealers in between us and the factory, who all have their hand out, for God knows what reason.

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The whole reservation fee generates lots of cash with no outlay. Sure, it's refundable, but a few hundred million in the bank draws a lot of interest.
According to my math with 20,000 reservations at $450 equals $9 million. You would need 222,222. reservations to get to 100 million if you collect $450 from each reservation holder!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to my math with 20,000 reservations at $450 equals $9 million. You would need 222,222. reservations to get to 100 million if you collect $450 from each reservation holder!
Someone made a Tesla/Cybertruck reference - I was speaking of Mr. Musk.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The date reminds me of all the years Elon Musk has been trolling me with the promise of Full Self Driving. I believed the hype and bought it back in 2019. He was promising that the car would drive itself by the end of 2019.
Haha! I never understood the draw of a self driving vehicle. As an automotive enthusiast, if the vehicle isn’t engaging to drive, I don’t buy it. Sure there are some technologies that make operating a car safer, but generally I find them more distracting than anything. For example, I just had a Mazda CX-9 rental with a full suite of “safety” features. I didn’t realize it had heads up display until after a few hours of daytime driving I started it up to leave after sunset. In an unfamiliar area trying to navigate dark, poorly lit roads with an HUD right in my line of sight, it was more of a distraction than a driving aid. I turned it off as soon as I had the opportunity.

If my life ever gets so busy that I need my car to drive me places while I focus on work instead of navigating the road, I will need to take a step back and rethink my priorities.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It would be nice if every time I got into a vehicle, it was an exhilarating experience. But the reality is, that 90% plus of the time when I get into a vehicle, I just want to get from point A to point B.

As a person who has had a long career with long commutes, I can absolutely say that I wish self driving vehicles had been available to me 30 years ago.

I have had the pleasure of riding in the self driving tesla back-and-forth to LAX a few times, and absolutely love it. A modern vehicle is 1000 times smarter, and safer, than the person whose hand is on the steering wheel.
And never tires or forgets to check their blind spot.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of riding in the self driving tesla back-and-forth to LAX a few times, and absolutely love it. A modern vehicle is 1000 times smarter, and safer, than the person whose hand is on the steering wheel.
And never tires or forgets to check their blind spot.
It's a good concept if someone figured out how to get it working with minimal issues. When they first released the Full Self Driving Beta, I was one of the first people to get my hands on it. It literally tried to kill me every 2 mins. It's gotten a lot better now, but I have it turned off because it is like baby sitting a 10 year old.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom