The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Who did you speak with? Earl is my assigned rep. I ended up calling yesterday since I wasn’t getting any concrete information from IA Customer Service and the dealer email address kicked back my message.

Earl said they had my contact information and went through my build sheet line by line and confirmed it matched my build. The issue is that my ore-order was never confirmed so apparently I don’t have a spot in line…Earl said not to worry because he would be able to bump my order in the line. I don’t understand how my order was never confirmed. Here is my timeline:

March 9, 2023 - Reservation placed and confirmation email received.

June 6, 2023 - Pre-order placed and confirmation email received.

June 13, 2023 - Build spec revised and new pre-Oder confirmation email received. I spoke with IA Cusyomer Service and they confirmed the June 6th pre-order was cancelled and the one from the 13th as valid.

I have not received any further order specific emails with build slot or VIN, just the generic update/Q&A emails. I’ve called and emailed multiple times and was told my order is active and they would contact me when they have the build scheduled.

Up to this point I’ve been very patient, but after reading on here of multiple members getting VINs, build info, and projected delivery dates when they ordered after June without a Reservation I’m starting to get concerned. I’m hopeful my dealer can sort it out, but this isn’t instilling confidence in me…

Just so you understand...

A March 9, 2023 reservation date is very late in the game. We were already late with a February 2022 reservation. Plenty of people reserved in September of 2021. That's more than two years ago and that's why (in most cases) they have VINs and build dates.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just so you understand...

A March 9, 2023 reservation date is very late in the game. We were already late with a February 2022 reservation. Plenty of people reserved in September of 2021. That's more than two years ago and that's why (in most cases) they have VINs and build dates.
Yep, I get it and I figured I’d be at the end of the line, which I’m fine with. I have (3) Land Cruisers to sell ahead of buying my Grenadier so I’m in no rush. My concern was that I was seeing people who didn’t even have a reservation getting confirmation from IA of their build.

I spoke with my dealer again this morning and he confirmed that my “Pre-order” was never converted not an order by IA. It still shows both configurations I created in Quotation status. He’s working on it with IA and will hopefully have some solid information for me in a week or so.

In the meantime while I wait for mine to be built, he did say they would be scheduling test drives soon! I’m excited to get one out on the road!

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they give you a timeline on the Delivery since you have the VIN and assuming it was built 08/2023?
Build date 7/23. Delivery late Dec early Jan but they're hoping for sooner.

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
I would suspect that the July production should arrive in Nov. That's 4 months! :)

Do yon think they are holding the July and august builds to ship for the November US release? 4 months for production and delivery to the US seems long. I’ve ordered several BMWs (non-US built) and from completion of build to east coast delivery has been about 4 weeks.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're probably right, July-Nov is a solid 4 months. But, when I spoke with my dealer (RDS near Philly), he said I had an anticipated December build window and then 2-3 months wait time.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
It surprises me that anyone would have an 8th month build date from a European factory.
Pretty sure Ineos factory closed in August for holidays like lots of Europe does.
i may be wrong but thought that was the case.
I understand it that there were still vehicles produced in August.
I’m with you on the usual August shutdown though @DaveB I ended up being in the if you can’t beat them join them boat for a while.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do yon think they are holding the July and august builds to ship for the November US release? 4 months for production and delivery to the US seems long. I’ve ordered several BMWs (non-US built) and from completion of build to east coast delivery has been about 4 weeks.
The Aussies are waiting a while so I will be patient with my delivery. Also I'm on the west coast so my IG will need to go through the Canal and then wait for the longshoremens union to decide it's a good day to move a few boats through whichever port the ship arrives at. November is great, December is good, January is fine, February...

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
One major factor with deliveries to NA from Europe is securing the ride over from Europe. The usual suspects flood the market with end of year builds (q4 sales being the busiest) and they book passage way in advance. There’s only so many vessels on that route.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One major factor with deliveries to NA from Europe is securing the ride over from Europe. The usual suspects flood the market with end of year builds (q4 sales being the busiest) and they book passage way in advance. There’s only so many vessels on that route.
Quick poll: Do any forum members own a vessel large enough to fit some Grenny's? Perhaps we could charter our own "forum ship" to NA!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you could take factory delivery, and if I could get a few months off work (or some sponsors), it would be tempting to drive it East from Hambach and ship it from Japan long way round style.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you could take factory delivery, and if I could get a few months off work (or some sponsors), it would be tempting to drive it East from Hambach and ship it from Japan long way round style.
You forgot IF someone could afford that. I'm definitely out 😥

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Quick poll: Do any forum members own a vessel large enough to fit some Grenny's? Perhaps we could charter our own "forum ship" to NA!
If I rallied a few friends we could sail one over. But I don’t fancy being labeled pirate right now….. ;)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Umm, there's a shortage in production for all the Euros, so there's plenty of space.

Back
Top Bottom