The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Contrast Roof: Aftermarket ‘wrap’?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate cost of using a ‘wrap’ to create a “Contrast Roof”? (Factory price for paint is 1,200 USD.)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate cost of using a ‘wrap’ to create a “Contrast Roof”? (Factory price for paint is 1,200 USD.)
Dont know about the US, everything seems cheaper there. But here to go to a quality wrap place it probably wouldn’t be too much different in price as they will have to do it custom and won’t have templates for it, particularly if you have Safari windows.

Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
I have heard from a reputable custom vehicle business that a wrap is very subject to the environment and may not last as long as expected. I looked into one here in North Texas last year and the estimated life was two years.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have heard from a reputable custom vehicle business that a wrap is very subject to the environment and may not last as long as expected. I looked into one here in North Texas last year and the estimated life was two years.
Yeah I had a clear wrap on the nose of my BMW in Houston. It lasted about that before it looked so gross it had to come off. Up here in Seattle I only have the door cup and edges protected and it's going strong after 6+ years.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Was just quoted $1300USD for a black roof by a small, generally affordable paint shop.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
The $1200-1800 quotes seem pretty accurate from all over. Same thing here in New York. It’ll come down a small amount once a templated pattern is available. Wraps are one of those things that you get what pay for. Paint would be the better investment long term

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was going wrap my roof myself, doing the reverse of what we saw on prototype IG. The Swiss cross would be MM while the pockets would be a blue black same with rear door. After research and further thought, I'm going to get the factory black roof. The whole car might get wrapped but every wrapper I have watched on YouTube has stated the hardest car to wrap is the G Wagon. I would suspect IG will be put in that category.

Back
Top Bottom