The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Contract arrived - but faulty

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Well - I requested changes 3 times over a couple of months (once by phone and twice via email) so I was anticipating my contract to have issues but, no it was perfect.

Making heaps of changes doesn't seem to be a factor causing incorrect contracts

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
My changes were all committed.

The point is that there is something in my contract which I never ordered. Not even test-wise in any other configuration.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
General question - are there any contracts issued in April 2023 ?
There was (I do not remember when ) a statement that in the next batch all remaining orders to December 2022 shall be served with contracts. But I have got little faith in this.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There was (I do not remember when ) a statement that in the next batch all remaining orders to December 2022 shall be served with contracts. But I have got little faith in this.
another dream that fades

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Hannes01 I never dreamt about this. As I wrote- I ve got little faith. - No faith at all in fact.
As I ordered nearly the same car my dream will come true when I sit inside, got my plates on it and start the engine to drive home!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
Another milestone bits the dust. What are the delays, you can't blame supplier issues this is 100% down to Ineos. Unless a whole batch are sent out on the 30th April

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Klarie. I received mine this morning.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At least one here. - So some contracts are still getting issued..
Again I do not expect anything .. just try to get a picture of processes..

I do not expect mine in this quarter.
I did send Ineos a couple of emails this week asking a) when my Feb build is likely to be built - no answer & b) when am I likely to receive a contract - answer; in the coming weeks pls be patient.

No sure if my email chasers had any influence on my contract arriving this morn????

Worth a go though

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A friend of mine got his contact today as well.

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Klarie,

I received my contract 24th April after I had asked my agent if my Feb build and March/April delivery was still on track. The agents reply was that it was in pre-production but I did get the contract the next day so maybe the prompt helped.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking what pre production mean as mine apparently had a pre production phase. Maybe it’s anaesthesia but doesn’t add up to me. Maybe someone more lucid than me can explain 🤔
Pre-production cars are vehicles that allow the automaker to find problems before a new model goes on sale to the public. Pre-production cars come after prototypes, or development mules which themselves are preceded by concept cars. Pre-production vehicles are followed by production vehicles in the mass production of them for distribution through car dealerships.
the full wikipedia article suggests pre production cars get scrapped or destroyed 😳

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking what pre production mean as mine apparently had a pre production phase. Maybe it’s anaesthesia but doesn’t add up to me. Maybe someone more lucid than me can explain 🤔
Pre-production cars are vehicles that allow the automaker to find problems before a new model goes on sale to the public. Pre-production cars come after prototypes, or development mules which themselves are preceded by concept cars. Pre-production vehicles are followed by production vehicles in the mass production of them for distribution through car dealerships.
the full wikipedia article suggests pre production cars get scrapped or destroyed 😳
I'd say that Wiki definition is in the context of new vehicle development and bringing a new model to market.

I believe that in the realm of manufacturing, that pre-production would be gathering the specifications, accessories, components to produce a specific vehicle, and then the vehicle enters the production phase, during which those specific pieces are assembled into a specific vehicle.

So, while your vehicle may be in a pre-production phase, it is waiting to be assembled, or awaiting final QA before being declared ready for transportation and ultimate delivery, not that you're being provided a pre-production prototype.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
I'd say that Wiki definition is in the context of new vehicle development and bringing a new model to market.

I believe that in the realm of manufacturing, that pre-production would be gathering the specifications, accessories, components to produce a specific vehicle, and then the vehicle enters the production phase, during which those specific pieces are assembled into a specific vehicle.

So, while your vehicle may be in a pre-production phase, it is waiting to be assembled, or awaiting final QA before being declared ready for transportation and ultimate delivery, not that you're being provided a pre-production prototype.
I'd agree with that. The wiki definition is in the context of new vehicle (or any technical product in my experience).
The 'pre-production' used in Ineos I think could also be referred to as 'kitting'. At least, I hope that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom