The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Locked in: I signed my (wrong) contract.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230328_121929.jpg

It is the first time in my life that I signed an obviously wrong contract.

- Version 1 had a price that was about 2000€ too high and had a wrong option list: A roof rack that I never ordered.
- Version 2 has the correct option list, but still a price a bit too high: 118,99€.

Half a dozen mails and calls to customer "support" ended in nirvana. So I called my agent.

It's not so much about the 118,99€, but it's just wrong and I would have liked to understand that. In my phone call with my agent today, I got the argument that this is " 'only' 118,99€ after all".

Hello? Are you alright? This is cheeky and ignorant, an impertinence. 🤬

When I pick up the car, I will probably ask the agent if they have a free lunch for me and my wife at a restaurant of my choice. My argument should be that it won't cost more than 118,99€ (which they don't think is worth discussing...). Curious to see how they would react. It's just a no-go that a contract clearly contains wrong numbers.

But because there is no way to discuss this with any human at Ineos, and because they just kick you out when the timeframe for signing the contract is over, I ended up signing the pamphlet.

But I am not amused. (n)

sne

Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7807105

It is the first time in my life that I signed an obviously wrong contract.

- Version 1 had a price that was about 2000€ too high and had a wrong option list: A roof rack that I never ordered.
- Version 2 has the correct option list, but still a price a bit too high: 118,99€.

Half a dozen mails and calls to customer "support" ended in nirvana. So I called my agent.

It's not so much about the 118,99€, but it's just wrong and I would have liked to understand that. In my phone call with my agent today, I got the argument that this is " 'only' 118,99€ after all".

Hello? Are you alright? This is cheeky and ignorant, an impertinence. 🤬

When I pick up the car, I will probably ask the agent if they have a free lunch for me and my wife at a restaurant of my choice. My argument should be that it won't cost more than 118,99€ (which they don't think is worth discussing...). Curious to see how they would react. It's just a no-go that a contract clearly contains wrong numbers.

But because there is no way to discuss this with any human at Ineos, and because they just kick you out when the timeframe for signing the contract is over, I ended up signing the pamphlet.

But I am not amused. (n)
Take it easy and let’s suppose it’s the extra 60 l fuel rather than a free lunch 😀

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7807105

How is it not about the price? 2000E is a good chunk of change - they should hold to the price when you ordered.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the 118,99€ with or without tax?
If it is with tax, it´s about 100,- € without tax. Seems to be somekind if of fee?!

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
:) I guess DenisM in the "Payment in advance" thread has the answer for the 118.99€

"There is a fuel item on my detailed contract aka "sale agreement" for A$118.90 which at current prices is about 60 litres of diesel...."

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
I have two registration fees on top of an incorrect vehicle total, and one of the registration fees has VAT added twice, for a non-Vat able supply!

Ineos say speak to the agent and the agent says they don't know as it's nothing to do with them.

Will anyone at Ineos acknowledge the issue and resolve it...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Is the 118,99€ with or without tax?
If it is with tax, it´s about 100,- € without tax. Seems to be somekind if of fee?!
It's including VAT.

We (Anselment and me) both have calculated forward and backwards, no logic behind it. And I have included all fees such as transport and inspection.

After v1 was completely wrong, even with the roof rack (which I didn't order) included, the difference was anything but the roof rack and the mounting kit. Absolutely not plausible.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
How is it not about the price? 2000E is a good chunk of change - they should hold to the price when you ordered.
Not 2000€, it's about 118,99€. The 2000€ difference was in v1.

And they have hold the price - otherwise the difference would have been a few thousand € higher: The error rate is 'only' 0.15 % ... 🙃

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
:) I guess DenisM in the "Payment in advance" thread has the answer for the 118.99€

"There is a fuel item on my detailed contract aka "sale agreement" for A$118.90 which at current prices is about 60 litres of diesel...."

Even if that were the case (which I don't think it is), they have to be able to explain it. You can't tell a customer "higher price, but we have some secret goodies".

And by the way, I don't think Ineos could ever know what fuel will cost in Hanau at some unknown time in the (distant?) future.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There is evidence that the entire calculation is just crap: My "still to pay" balance differs fom Ineos' balance which differs from Krah&Enders' balance.

One contract, three different balances. 🥳

So there is no point in trying to find out the problem as long as they don't reveal the entire options list they have charged including the underlying prices. I have asked for this but didn't even get a negative answer - let alone a positive result.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
There is evidence that the entire calculation is just crap: My "still to pay" balance differs fom Ineos' balance which differs from Krah&Enders' balance.

One contract, three different balances. 🥳

So there is no point in trying to find out the problem as long as they don't reveal the entire options list they have charged including the underlying prices. I have asked for this but didn't even get a negative answer - let alone a positive result.
FWIW: I kept a spreadsheet including all taxes and accurate registration fees. What I didn't include were delivery and dealer preparation fees and a fuel allocation. Excluding these latter fees my spreadsheet estimate based on original prices, was within a couple of hundred dollars of the contract price.....

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
880€ here in Germany, has now rised.

But in the contract, the actually charged amounts for both positions are explicitly reported.

Back
Top Bottom