The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
There is some legal embargo going on here I suspect and its got zero to do with software upgrades.
Unless it is EU emissions related , and they want to avoid another dieselgate scenario. And thus have to tweak the engine computer.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
So far Ive seen almost every excuse possible for the situation with the Grenadier except "The Dog Ate my Homework" They drove a million miles to test out the vehicle and now after almost five months of production, not one person has possession of their vehicle. They sit in the car yard of distributers, with the customers, money in hand, looking from outside the fence. There are little glimpses of final production vehicles on loan doing tours of Scotland or being fitted at an aftermarket accessory joint, but nothing with a vehicle in the customers/owners hands. Ineos have vehicles which are registered here in OZ, allowing sporting people to drive "Off Road" but never on the grey matter. Those same vehicles can be driven from town to town by Ineos employees, but not the people who matter. Even vehicles that are coming off the production line today or yesterday fail to get handed over to their respective new owners. There is some legal embargo going on here I suspect and its got zero to do with software upgrades.
I took this a few weeks ago at my local dealer. Not exactly grenadiers in their natural habitat, looks a bit sad that they’re behind bars and not in my barn being fettled. Perhaps this is a new way of buying a car without causing emissions. You buy the right to say that it’s yours, but never you get to actually own or drive it.. Not sure it is going to catch on..

The waiting continues.. In time for Christmas perhaps ….?

Attachments

• 928FBCA9-A3CF-4F95-89F3-F07D5DA2D214.jpeg
    928FBCA9-A3CF-4F95-89F3-F07D5DA2D214.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 117

John Dean

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone in the same position as me?

1. In December I was told my vehicle would be manufactured on 13th January (just like many others) and delivered 1st February.
  2. Then of course I heard nothing since.
  3. So I called my supplying dealer - who knew nothing, except February looks good. But I had to call them.
  4. On the 24th January, I messaged Ineos who say that their computer still says end of January/early February looks good for delivery and it should be in production now.
  5. I then check the INEOS website which doesn't show in PRODUCTION.
  6. Why oh why, can they not all sing from the same hymn sheet? Maybe take away the website - "in production" tab.
I will be honest, this is the worst buying experience of anything I have ever purchased. If I hadn't signed the contract I would have walked away, regardless of how good or bad the vehicle MAY be.
Sad to say but it’s comforting to hear I am not the only one in this position. I expected teething problems. But it’s seems they have either lost control of production or deliberately treating us like mushrooms. Not sure how many people are in the same position in the UK. I feel like turning up at the factory door and ask them what is going on! I thought it was refreshing what Jim Ratcliffe did, and I thought it was a great idea, and I’m very supportive, but I just don’t like being treated like a mushroom.
Is anyone in the same position as me?

1. In December I was told my vehicle would be manufactured on 13th January (just like many others) and delivered 1st February.
  2. Then of course I heard nothing since.
  3. So I called my supplying dealer - who knew nothing, except February looks good. But I had to call them.
  4. On the 24th January, I messaged Ineos who say that their computer still says end of January/early February looks good for delivery and it should be in production now.
  5. I then check the INEOS website which doesn't show in PRODUCTION.
  6. Why oh why, can they not all sing from the same hymn sheet? Maybe take away the website - "in production" tab.
I will be honest, this is the worst buying experience of anything I have ever purchased. If I hadn't signed the contract I would have walked away, regardless of how good or bad the vehicle MAY be.
It's unfortunate, but it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in this situation. I anticipated teething issues. However, it appears that they have either lost control of production or are intentionally treating us as mushrooms. I'm not aware how many people in the UK are in the same situation. I want to knock on the factory door and inquire what's going on! What Jim Ratcliffe did was refreshing, and I thought it was a wonderful idea, and I'm very supportive, but I don't like being treated like a mushroom.
Thank you very much

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
They taxed your deposit?!
I finally went back and looked at my invoice and I was taxed too. Oddly, at 20%, which doesn’t exist here in that percentage. NJs tax rate is 7% so I’m not sure why it calculated that.

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, my vehicle was delivered to the dealer on the 2 February. The dealer was asked to ring me and tell me it was the first in the uk. It is still sat with the dealer. The dealer is as frustrated with Ineos lack of comms as I am. Initially they (Ineos) pretended that they were waiting on an international marketing day in mid feb. Since then they have conceded that they have various faults which are basically preventing them from getting the vehicles road registered. Each vehicles ‘campaigns’ (faults list?) vary and now that production is in full swing they have decided to disregard the waiting list and start sorting the faults on individual vehicles based on whichever vehicles have the least faults. This is of course unless you are an editor of a national newspaper whereby they will prioritise your vehicle and jump the queue (I wish I was joking)..
I have read that others are wondering where their vehicles are - it could be that they are already with your dealers. Mine has two other vehicles and three more arriving next week. It’s just that they have learnt not to tell their clients the good (?) news because no-one knows what faults they will have to fix/and how they fix them. It’s a complete mess and throughout Ineos have not once held their hands up or proactively contacted me even to apologise for the delay.
I have even been to the dealer and seen my vehicle but who knows when/if it will ever be mine. I sent an official complaint to Ineos and they haven’t even bothered to reply.
Your vehicle must have been on the same transporter as mine, also 2nd Feb, and still waiting for delivery.
I believe the others vehicle were for VIP customers.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I finally went back and looked at my invoice and I was taxed too. Oddly, at 20%, which doesn’t exist here in that percentage. NJs tax rate is 7% so I’m not sure why it calculated that.
Is that because you are buying direct from Ineos and their point of sale was in a 20% tax location?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the US we won’t be able to buy directly from IA because of our crappy dealer laws. Regardless we’re a ways out here so it is what it is for now.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
#metoo

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that because you are buying direct from Ineos and their point of sale was in a 20% tax location?
Yes, the original deposit was processed through the UK. I had a heck of a time getting my credit card to accept the foreign transaction. Wouldn't process despite my calling the card issuer and telling them it was a valid transaction. Finally got fed up and called another credit card company, told them I was making a purchase in the UK and they authorized it.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Read recently that Johns cars are now fetching £50k.
The rebate in the kick panel is probably worth more.

Seriously, though, I got to ride as a passenger in one as a kid. The dealer was quite a good sport. I was so enamored with the car, he wrote up a bill of sale in my name and everything. I think I was about 14 years old.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the original deposit was processed through the UK. I had a heck of a time getting my credit card to accept the foreign transaction. Wouldn't process despite my calling the card issuer and telling them it was a valid transaction. Finally got fed up and called another credit card company, told them I was making a purchase in the UK and they authorized it.
Interesting that I had exactly the same problem with the system accepting a card here in the UK. Transpired it was a case sensitivity issue

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All invoices for deposits in AU get taxed (not sure about UK) because it's a tax invoice, all sales unless stated attract 10% sales tax like motor vehicles etc. The seller, if it is in the agreement, refunds all of the money and can claim any tax received back from the government.

GST | Australian Taxation Office

1679864990045.png
Australian Taxation Office
https://www.ato.gov.au › business › gst

5 July 2021 — Goods and services tax (GST) is a broad-based tax of 10% on most goods, services and other items sold or consumed in Australia. Some things don' ...
Registering for GST · ‎How GST works · ‎When to charge GST · ‎GST-free sales

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your vehicle must have been on the same transporter as mine, also 2nd Feb, and still waiting for delivery.
I believe the others vehicle were for VIP customers.
I am on the VIP (?) list and haven't my vehicle yet and I can say with certain that being put in that category has got me nowhere nearer a delivery than anyone else.

Leapoffaith

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered and paid my deposit on the first available day god knows how long ago and then signed my contract sometime around October 22. Im normally quite patient and haven’t been calling my agent (Jardines in Kent) every week.
My wife asked me today what is happening with that car you ordered about 18 months ago and I must admit that I didn’t really know how to answer her.
I thought of saying that don’t worry a woman called Lynn had assured me everything was ok and she would keep me updated every 2 weeks, but no one had heard anything from her since January!
What else are we really meant to do apart from wonder how on earth Ineos have got their comms so wrong on this. Like others I feel for the dealers in this and can’t help but think its getting all a bit shambolic now.
For god sake Ineos, give us some information, Im afraid no news isn't good news in this respect!

Local time
Reaction score
Same here in California.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered and paid my deposit on the first available day god knows how long ago and then signed my contract sometime around October 22. Im normally quite patient and haven’t been calling my agent (Jardines in Kent) every week.
My wife asked me today what is happening with that car you ordered about 18 months ago and I must admit that I didn’t really know how to answer her.
I thought of saying that don’t worry a woman called Lynn had assured me everything was ok and she would keep me updated every 2 weeks, but no one had heard anything from her since January!
What else are we really meant to do apart from wonder how on earth Ineos have got their comms so wrong on this. Like others I feel for the dealers in this and can’t help but think its getting all a bit shambolic now.
For god sake Ineos, give us some information, Im afraid no news isn't good news in this respect!
I'm partially concerned about the current lack of comms and broken promise to keep us informed, however, what really concerns me now is that this type of poor corporate behavior may roll over in to the warranty and care period and that is alarming. What if I need urgent warranty assistance and this is how they respond. Disaster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom