The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
There has been some communication at my end, SLRV (the agent) emailed yesterday with an update that my vehicle is now in production, yes I did a happy dance at my desk.

There are already cars at dealers though, so there seems to be an issue with customer deliveries, which Ineos hasn't provided an explanation for, but being in production is at least some positive feedback I can bring to the forum.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Just a heads up,

There have been a few email addresses shared for IA employees on the forum recently, I would kindly ask people to please refrain from publishing these addresses publicly unless the ok has been given by the recipient.

If you feel the need to email someone at IA and you know someone on here has their email address, kindly direct message the forum member and go from there.

IA are dealing with a lot at the moment as everyone is surely aware, emails about specific contracts and issues that people have are all relevant and appropriate and should be addressed, however the spam caused by having an email address on a public forum has already started, so the posts that I've seen have been edited.

More spam = less likelihood of you getting a reply ( at least I think so )

As a side note I'm getting 250+ spam emails a day getting though the spam filters just by having the forum email address on the site, some of the products and services on offer are varied and truly wonderful, but its spam nonetheless, and sucks up way too much time.

Signing off on this subject, for those concerned, yes I am sick and tired of how many flight reservation emails I'm getting, and thats just from one spam/troll farm.

Stu.

T&C's updated accordingly.

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
So, my vehicle was delivered to the dealer on the 2 February. The dealer was asked to ring me and tell me it was the first in the uk. It is still sat with the dealer. The dealer is as frustrated with Ineos lack of comms as I am. Initially they (Ineos) pretended that they were waiting on an international marketing day in mid feb. Since then they have conceded that they have various faults which are basically preventing them from getting the vehicles road registered. Each vehicles ‘campaigns’ (faults list?) vary and now that production is in full swing they have decided to disregard the waiting list and start sorting the faults on individual vehicles based on whichever vehicles have the least faults. This is of course unless you are an editor of a national newspaper whereby they will prioritise your vehicle and jump the queue (I wish I was joking)..
I have read that others are wondering where their vehicles are - it could be that they are already with your dealers. Mine has two other vehicles and three more arriving next week. It’s just that they have learnt not to tell their clients the good (?) news because no-one knows what faults they will have to fix/and how they fix them. It’s a complete mess and throughout Ineos have not once held their hands up or proactively contacted me even to apologise for the delay.
I have even been to the dealer and seen my vehicle but who knows when/if it will ever be mine. I sent an official complaint to Ineos and they haven’t even bothered to reply.

Interesting/ concerning reading from @Cjeffery, with what sounds like an overlay of various, inconsistent faults.

Chaos for Ineos. No wonder they prefer silence.

I know everyone is desperate for their cars, but i'm going to put it out there and say - i'm happy to have not yet signed my contract. I wouldn't want to own one from this initial batch 🍋

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Hello Tom
Sorry - I meant ‘just’ in that I’ve only paid the deposit.
I ordered in Sept 21 so 18months ago.
Hi GuyG,

I’m guessing Sept 21 was a reservation, that’s when reservations opened, and your recent deposit was for a vehicle order.

btw welcome to the forum

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Interesting/ concerning reading from @Cjeffery, with what sounds like an overlay of various, inconsistent faults.

Chaos for Ineos. No wonder they prefer silence.

I know everyone is desperate for their cars, but i'm going to put it out there and say - i'm happy to have not yet signed my contract. I wouldn't want to own one from this initial batch 🍋
From all I‘ve learned so far, it shouldn’t make much of a difference whether your car is already produced or not when it comes to quality. The main difference is that the ones already produced need more „campaigns“ (a word from the automotive industry for after production fixes which could as well have been invented by the Grenadier team, judging from its military touch) while the ones yet to be produced have those newly discovered issues addressed on the line. That is for me the explanation for the hold up with cars that are already at the dealer. IA is externalising its costs for car parking to the dealers, probably due to a lack of space at Hambach. And in the end that means that all „first“ orders may be delivered to the customers more or less at the same time with the same quality.

There is surely much room for improvement, especially when it comes to communications. But that quality issues are only discovered post production of the first first generation vehicles seems rather plausible to me and nothing to be too nervous about. I rather appreciate IA‘s dedication to ensure a high quality and an even level of quality with this first delivery.

Last edited:
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
The ordering didn't open up until 18th May 2022 so as far as I am aware absolutely nobody ordered before that day.
I have an email from INEOS saying ‘order confirmation’ from Sept 21 when I paid the initial small deposit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have an email from INEOS saying ‘order confirmation’ from Sept 21 when I paid the initial small deposit.
Yes me too
The email heading says order confirmation but the body of the email says Reservation confirmation
I assume the software only had an "order" field

1679642902586.png
1679642993464.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This could be right for the UK, or partially, because my dealer told me some weeks ago that the Grenadier WAS homologated in Europe
Maybe on your next visit you could look for the type approval sticker which should be displayed somewhere on the vehicle?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I rather appreciate IA‘s dedication to ensure a high quality and an even level of quality with this first delivery.
I'm reminded of these words from the now departed head of quality:

"However, Stefan Bruhnke, the company’s quality director, explains that they need to go beyond the usual quality checks. “We are completely aware that as a new player in automotive, we have to deliver best in class quality,” he told us. One of the ways Ineos aims to achieve this level is through four quality control loops: Workstation, Production Zone, Product Validation and ultimately, the Customer."

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The initial deposit is a reservation not the detailed specification ordered.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Yes, they certainly did in the UK as well
I'll have to look at my invoice when I get home, the may have done that here too, but it seems odd to be taxed. The deposit is refundable, so if you ask for a refund, do you get the tax back?

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They did with the reservation fee and the down payment. I don't find that too surprising as after all, these payments will be deducted from the gross amount owed in the end. What is a little bit strange in my case is that they applied the 20% GB VAT to the reservation fee and the German 19% on the down payment...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They did with the reservation fee and the down payment. I don't find that too surprising as after all, these payments will be deducted from the gross amount owed in the end. What is a little bit strange in my case is that they applied the 20% GB VAT to the reservation fee and the German 19% on the down payment...
Ha Ha...that's the purpose of the combined UK and German embalm on the RH side. (y)

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm reminded of these words from the now departed head of quality:

"However, Stefan Bruhnke, the company’s quality director, explains that they need to go beyond the usual quality checks. “We are completely aware that as a new player in automotive, we have to deliver best in class quality,” he told us. One of the ways Ineos aims to achieve this level is through four quality control loops: Workstation, Production Zone, Product Validation and ultimately, the Customer."
How do you know that he is „now departed“?

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would have loved to see the comments on the Landrover Series 1 if we had forums back then. That ended up turning into a collectable classic.....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would have loved to see the comments on the Landrover Series 1 if we had forums back then. That ended up turning into a collectable classic.....
Back then, communication was via carrier pigeon ; people accepted delays and lost messages...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How do you know that he is „now departed“?

Back
Top Bottom