The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Michael Küchel: Regional Business Manager Europe, if the UK is still Europe :cool: ;)

Jack Stanley​

Regional Business Manager - UK & Ireland at INEOS Automotive
We need an email address. and then ask the direct questions. Google is my friend, best I ask it!

EDIT: Comes up on LinkedIn, not a member so can't ask. Plus he is on Facebook - don't think it's appropriate to hassle him there, moves jobs quite frequently though.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We need an email address. and then ask the direct questions. Google is my friend, best I ask it!

EDIT: Comes up on LinkedIn, not a member so can't ask. Plus he is on Facebook - don't think it's appropriate to hassle him there, moves jobs quite frequently though.
Edited
I have sent him e-mails before with no outlook bounce back.
No surprise but I didn't even get an acknowledgement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I have sent him e-mails before with no outlook bounce back.
No surprise but I didn't even get an acknowledgement.
I exchanged e-mails with three people in the past: it is @ineos.com!

But believe me, I am not at all really connected with Ineos, I only found ways to communicate due to my "early payment problem" in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it hadn’t already been confirmed that my cad isn’t yet built, I would be hopeful that my car is one of these.

I can’t see lights flashing and wipers going mad so maybe there‘a hope that these cars are ready to go….

Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone in the same position as me?

1. In December I was told my vehicle would be manufactured on 13th January (just like many others) and delivered 1st February.
  2. Then of course I heard nothing since.
  3. So I called my supplying dealer - who knew nothing, except February looks good. But I had to call them.
  4. On the 24th January, I messaged Ineos who say that their computer still says end of January/early February looks good for delivery and it should be in production now.
  5. I then check the INEOS website which doesn't show in PRODUCTION.
  6. Why oh why, can they not all sing from the same hymn sheet? Maybe take away the website - "in production" tab.
I will be honest, this is the worst buying experience of anything I have ever purchased. If I hadn't signed the contract I would have walked away, regardless of how good or bad the vehicle MAY be.
So, my vehicle was delivered to the dealer on the 2 February. The dealer was asked to ring me and tell me it was the first in the uk. It is still sat with the dealer. The dealer is as frustrated with Ineos lack of comms as I am. Initially they (Ineos) pretended that they were waiting on an international marketing day in mid feb. Since then they have conceded that they have various faults which are basically preventing them from getting the vehicles road registered. Each vehicles ‘campaigns’ (faults list?) vary and now that production is in full swing they have decided to disregard the waiting list and start sorting the faults on individual vehicles based on whichever vehicles have the least faults. This is of course unless you are an editor of a national newspaper whereby they will prioritise your vehicle and jump the queue (I wish I was joking)..
I have read that others are wondering where their vehicles are - it could be that they are already with your dealers. Mine has two other vehicles and three more arriving next week. It’s just that they have learnt not to tell their clients the good (?) news because no-one knows what faults they will have to fix/and how they fix them. It’s a complete mess and throughout Ineos have not once held their hands up or proactively contacted me even to apologise for the delay.
I have even been to the dealer and seen my vehicle but who knows when/if it will ever be mine. I sent an official complaint to Ineos and they haven’t even bothered to reply.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it hadn’t already been confirmed that my cad isn’t yet built, I would be hopeful that my car is one of these.

I can’t see lights flashing and wipers going mad so maybe there‘a hope that these cars are ready to go….

Yey ~ Grimsby again, so that's northern supplies sorted.

@Cjeffery ~ welcome. Not good news for your first post but thanks for sharing. Has your agent shown you any of the campaign paperwork?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, my vehicle was delivered to the dealer on the 2 February. The dealer was asked to ring me and tell me it was the first in the uk. It is still sat with the dealer. The dealer is as frustrated with Ineos lack of comms as I am. Initially they (Ineos) pretended that they were waiting on an international marketing day in mid feb. Since then they have conceded that they have various faults which are basically preventing them from getting the vehicles road registered. Each vehicles ‘campaigns’ (faults list?) vary and now that production is in full swing they have decided to disregard the waiting list and start sorting the faults on individual vehicles based on whichever vehicles have the least faults. This is of course unless you are an editor of a national newspaper whereby they will prioritise your vehicle and jump the queue (I wish I was joking)..
I have read that others are wondering where their vehicles are - it could be that they are already with your dealers. Mine has two other vehicles and three more arriving next week. It’s just that they have learnt not to tell their clients the good (?) news because no-one knows what faults they will have to fix/and how they fix them. It’s a complete mess and throughout Ineos have not once held their hands up or proactively contacted me even to apologise for the delay.
I have even been to the dealer and seen my vehicle but who knows when/if it will ever be mine. I sent an official complaint to Ineos and they haven’t even bothered to reply.
That’s pretty bad! I haven’t ’enjoyed’ the customer experience so far, but If I were in your shoes I think I would have burst a blood vessel by now.
I find it hard to believe that all the vehicles have different faults, it just doesn’t ring true. Something fishy is going on for sure. The only explanation could be that all the prototype vehicles were running very different software / hardware and that the systems in the production cars are completely untested. But that would be insane….

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been given a slightly different explanation for the delay. I‘m told the vehicles have not been homologated as yet and that is the cause of the hold up. If it’s true I’m not sure if that’s better or worse than various qc faults.
I visited the agent to check the status of my order and to tweak the spec before it went to production (I’ve just paid the approx £2.5k deposit) and was told it was already being built and couldn’t be amended. It’s not a fundamental problem as it was a minor amendment but…
They hadn’t sent me the final spec to confirm as their email suggested, so they definitely have some admin issues in amongst everything else.
I’m pretty relaxed about the situation and the vehicle ticks all my boxes, but if I was looking at it with a clear head there are plenty of warning signs there!

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just seen today an IA FB post to say they have now officially launched the service centres in the Uk
I know some of them are still waiting the delivery of basic parts and wonder whether this is one of the reasons they are delaying the handovers.
More cars turning up, increased press releases, all points to a build up for simultaneous handovers at multiple locations soon 🤞🤞

Local time
Reaction score
That’s pretty bad! I haven’t ’enjoyed’ the customer experience so far, but If I were in your shoes I think I would have burst a blood vessel by now.
I find it hard to believe that all the vehicles have different faults, it just doesn’t ring true. Something fishy is going on for sure. The only explanation could be that all the prototype vehicles were running very different software / hardware and that the systems in the production cars are completely untested. But that would be insane….
I just wonder if there’s some sort of legal action raised against Ineos that prevents release of the vehicles. It would explain why the press vehicles had no problems.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been given a slightly different explanation for the delay. I‘m told the vehicles have not been homologated as yet and that is the cause of the hold up.
This could be right for the UK, or partially, because my dealer told me some weeks ago that the Grenadier WAS homologated in Europe, and only awaiting (in Belgium) an automated process for registration.

[EDITED: don't know what I did wrong: my draft was posted?]

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been given a slightly different explanation for the delay. I‘m told the vehicles have not been homologated as yet and that is the cause of the hold up. If it’s true I’m not sure if that’s better or worse than various qc faults.
I visited the agent to check the status of my order and to tweak the spec before it went to production (I’ve just paid the approx £2.5k deposit) and was told it was already being built and couldn’t be amended. It’s not a fundamental problem as it was a minor amendment but…
They hadn’t sent me the final spec to confirm as their email suggested, so they definitely have some admin issues in amongst everything else.
I’m pretty relaxed about the situation and the vehicle ticks all my boxes, but if I was looking at it with a clear head there are plenty of warning signs there!
I don’t get this at all, lots of people paid deposits 9 months ago and their vehicles haven’t been produced.. How did you get ahead in the queue? Or is your dealer telling porkies?

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello Tom
Sorry - I meant ‘just’ in that I’ve only paid the deposit.
I ordered in Sept 21 so 18months ago.

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
keep calm, there are alternatives to stay relaxed … your truck will arrive to make you happy

Attachments

• 64ADB8AE-F89B-42E2-A2E3-9790D0D8E990.jpeg
    64ADB8AE-F89B-42E2-A2E3-9790D0D8E990.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom