The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Maybe on your next visit you could look for the type approval sticker which should be displayed somewhere on the vehicle?
Isn't this something typical British? I am not aware that my current (almost former I hope) car has something like that!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Isn't this something typical British? I am not aware that my current (almost former I hope) car has something like that!
It is all EU @Jean Mercier, it is only an issue because it is a new car. Once a car is established in that country Type Approval is generic. So any main stream car Audi BMW, et al introduce a new model the first incarnation would need type approval. There after all numbers of the model with the same specifications would automatically carry the type approval number and EU insignia

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From memory the type approval number
From memory the type approval number is usually somewhere in the handbook preliminaries. Except @jean hasn't got his handbook yet!
Yes it might be, sometimes a separate insert, but it's usually* on a sticker on the vehicle also.

*my experience.

Squirrel

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My grenadier is already at the dealer on Lake Constance and we have already admired it.
It is one of 10 vehicles at his yard. But you can't take it with you, because Ineos is not able to write an invoice and deliver the registration papers.
Seem to have procedural and staffing problems. But the car is awesome and it's worth the wait. Have patience!
I'll let you know when we can pick it up.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Had a dream last night about the next communication email.

“Dear Valued Grenadier Customers

We promised to communicate more frequently with you and finally, albeit 3 week later here is our latest update on the Grenadier story.

I took over my CEO role at the beginning of the year, and quickly could see what a bag of nails I’d picked up.
An IT system that didn’t speak cross platform, supply issues, talent shortage, etc, etc.
I banged a few heads together and showed others the door, told em to fix it and popped on leave for a week or two.

Returned to well, what can only be described as giant shitfest. Errant electrics, (auto wipers weren’t in the spec), vehicles have gone sleep and won’t wake up (bloody millennials) and icing on the cake my commercial team tells me we haven’t passed EU conformity tests and all the vehicles need returning to the factory.

So sorry for the slight delay getting you behind the wheel of you vehicles, really apologetic to those who have paid in full (but we have your money on deposit earning 4%).

Promise I’ll get another update to you soon, definitely by Christmas.

Bye for now. “

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had a dream last night about the next communication email.

“Dear Valued Grenadier Customers

We promised to communicate more frequently with you and finally, albeit 3 week later here is our latest update on the Grenadier story.

I took over my CEO role at the beginning of the year, and quickly could see what a bag of nails I’d picked up.
An IT system that didn’t speak cross platform, supply issues, talent shortage, etc, etc.
I banged a few heads together and showed others the door, told em to fix it and popped on leave for a week or two.

Returned to well, what can only be described as giant shitfest. Errant electrics, (auto wipers weren’t in the spec), vehicles have gone sleep and won’t wake up (bloody millennials) and icing on the cake my commercial team tells me we haven’t passed EU conformity tests and all the vehicles need returning to the factory.

So sorry for the slight delay getting you behind the wheel of you vehicles, really apologetic to those who have paid in full (but we have your money on deposit earning 4%).

Promise I’ll get another update to you soon, definitely by Christmas.

Bye for now. “
I received the same E-Mail tonight.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a similar theme I had a dream last week (honest I did) about my Grenadier. Picked it up from the agents and drove to show it off to some mates really proud and happy like. Well when I lifted the bonnet to show them the engine it was an oily mess with oil leaking everywhere and some shop rags in there where the tech had tried to clean it up at PDI. Then my mates managed to find a bunch of misaligned panels with uneven gaps and hoses and wiring not secured under the vehicle dangling down and ripe to be snagged. Then I was told what an idiot I’d been to accept it from the agent without checking it over properly.
So my dream became a nightmare and I suddenly woke up with a real scare and heart racing a bit. Relieved when I remembered mine was still in production and nobody had taken delivery, phew!
Lesson for me is that I’ll be going over mine closely as I can’t risk the dream turning into reality🤣
Incidentally never told my wife I’m actually dreaming about the Grenadier as she already thinks I spend far to much of my waking hours on the subject🤣🤣

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a similar theme I had a dream last week (honest I did) about my Grenadier. Picked it up from the agents and drove to show it off to some mates really proud and happy like. Well when I lifted the bonnet to show them the engine it was an oily mess with oil leaking everywhere and some shop rags in there where the tech had tried to clean it up at PDI. Then my mates managed to find a bunch of misaligned panels with uneven gaps and hoses and wiring not secured under the vehicle dangling down and ripe to be snagged. Then I was told what an idiot I’d been to accept it from the agent without checking it over properly.
So my dream became a nightmare and I suddenly woke up with a real scare and heart racing a bit. Relieved when I remembered mine was still in production and nobody had taken delivery, phew!
Lesson for me is that I’ll be going over mine closely as I can’t risk the dream turning into reality🤣
Incidentally never told my wife I’m actually dreaming about the Grenadier as she already thinks I spend far to much of my waking hours on the subject🤣🤣
Hmmm sensible woman your wife. Put the Grenadier in her name.. that'll give you nightmares and cure your dreaming!

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from the oil leak, your dream was my reality with a new 2013 Defender!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you want some good news, Priscilla, is working hard to get ahead of the issues we will have when we eventually get them, and making sure the posts filled appropriately:

Screenshot_20230325_140232.jpg

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Could one of you just go and steal your own vehicle already and give us a review?
Steal it maybe, drive it maybe not. There's the rub, eh !

Think of these cars at the dealer more as a tile, or tree in a park (or dare I say bench) that you buy. It's there for you to visit, stay beside, think about those days past, what might have been etc.

When you're done your visit you leave. Don't worry, it will be there when you come back. Like an expensive shinny thing in a bank safety deposit box, tucked away 'til next time.

Eventually they'll have these Tranquillity Car Parks everywhere. Open to regular folks who will stroll around looking at the pretty things...

"Oh, that ones nice", "Yes, over there, a 2029, a good year", "Hello, is this one yours ? It's one of my favourites, thank you for donating it."

This will all take time of course. Eventually the National Trust or similar in your country may take them over. They become Heritage Sites, preserved for the enjoyment of the public. With thanks to all who made it possible. Nice.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
I'll have to look at my invoice when I get home, the may have done that here too, but it seems odd to be taxed. The deposit is refundable, so if you ask for a refund, do you get the tax back?
All invoices for deposits in AU get taxed (not sure about UK) because it's a tax invoice, all sales unless stated attract 10% sales tax like motor vehicles etc. The seller, if it is in the agreement, refunds all of the money and can claim any tax received back from the government.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
So far Ive seen almost every excuse possible for the situation with the Grenadier except "The Dog Ate my Homework" They drove a million miles to test out the vehicle and now after almost five months of production, not one person has possession of their vehicle. They sit in the car yard of distributers, with the customers, money in hand, looking from outside the fence. There are little glimpses of final production vehicles on loan doing tours of Scotland or being fitted at an aftermarket accessory joint, but nothing with a vehicle in the customers/owners hands. Ineos have vehicles which are registered here in OZ, allowing sporting people to drive "Off Road" but never on the grey matter. Those same vehicles can be driven from town to town by Ineos employees, but not the people who matter. Even vehicles that are coming off the production line today or yesterday fail to get handed over to their respective new owners. There is some legal embargo going on here I suspect and its got zero to do with software upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom