The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
I chose MM exactly for the military reason. I plan to apply some strategic applied decals. Maybe a fictional NGO (non profit). Like a “Moose Preservation Society”. One might choose Beaver or other threatened species;)
So I’m “leaning into it” with the official look.
Pintle mount in the safari window?
1680212490207.jpeg

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Only a slight related issue, whatever body colour you choose, that big (& ugly imo) bumper will look awful once it starts to fade. Hoping the aftermarket world will come up with something for it.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only a slight related issue, whatever body colour you choose, that big (& ugly imo) bumper will look awful once it starts to fade. Hoping the aftermarket world will come up with something for it.
It certainly is ugly (IMHO) and I don't know why it's so wide compared to other 4x4's sold in the EU & UK

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are getting the 40mm shorter steel bumper with the swing up number plate and a nice roo bar
1680213340187.png

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
I’m debating between the silver or light blue with a white roof (classic color). Thoughts?

Sand it and put bedliner on it. Voila.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It certainly is ugly (IMHO) and I don't know why it's so wide compared to other 4x4's sold in the EU & UK
Look at the Jeep wrangler Euro spec bumper... exactly the same. Its due to the modular construction of the vehicle. The bumper has to protrude far enough forward to provide for "pedestrian safety" standards.

When designing an amorphous blob like most modern SUVs, that just knits in with the rest of the vehicles front end.. however a squared off design results in it sticking out. (Imagine drawing a curve from above the number plate, to the tip of the bonnet. Fill that void, and you've made a new defender.

The beauty of the Jeep/grenadier design is that 8 bolts pulls the entire bumper off, and you end up with a plethora of aftermarket options that bolt straight on!

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7805906
It is the config I chose and saw quite a difference between it and a black on next to it.
The same BB vehicle (072) from the LA event was in Phoenix. Here’s a better look at it from someone’s video. Definitely indigo, not black.

Attachments

• 0C5B7D31-A9CB-410C-B65A-CCAE699CFAE1.jpeg
    0C5B7D31-A9CB-410C-B65A-CCAE699CFAE1.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Sam

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
I attended the Atlanta Grenadier Experience yesterday and after seeing all the colors, I remained committed to a solid color and thought the silver was the best looking metallic. It really does look like it has shades of blue in there. Beautiful.

As for the solids, my suspicion I would find the Britannia Blue too dark for my taste was confirmed. It was an overcast day, and I just found it to be so dark it made the cool black bits near invisible. My top picks going in were Magic Mushroom, Scottish White, and Sela Green in that order. The Magic Mushroom, of course, captures the military feel well and I only noticed an ever so slight pink hue when viewing the color from a distance. Ultimately though, I liked the White and Green better. The creaminess of the White is classy as hell and it really makes all the black bits pop - the look of checker plating is killer. The Green also looks great, though it is still a shade darker than I would find ideal (what's up with me and my dislike for dark colors?). I think I will go with Scottish White at the end of the day - best for my home base climate (Deep South), will not show trail scars as badly, and is the standard color, which will allow me to put that other color upcharge cost towards accessories.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just been playing with colours on the configurator. If I hadn't already tied in with DG I would have been very keen on the Mushroom with black roof and red chassis. Not keen on the red chassis with DG but looks great with the light colours. Choices, choices. Just as well I can't change my mind.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just been playing with colours on the configurator. If I hadn't already tied in with DG I would have been very keen on the Mushroom with black roof and red chassis. Not keen on the red chassis with DG but looks great with the light colours. Choices, choices. Just as well I can't change my mind.
My instructions from my wife - "stop looking"

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
I think the red looks great with BB as well.

Back
Top Bottom