The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

ATP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
exactly same here, except I've ordered magic mushroom!

seen all of them but that and eldoret blue
Haven't seen my colour (Shale Blue) either. Did get to see samples on one of the prototype test drives, so not sweating my choice too much...

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm still torn - I am looking forward to seeing the white and MM in person. I'm a sucker for that silver though.
Same here in all respects. Was completely sold on Donny Grey before seeing it in person in FL. It is nearly a metallic black. Very sharp but it does not allow the trim and architectural bits to "pop". The Sterling is really a cool color. In some light it is a very light metallic silver and in others it has a very definite blue tint. Having driven black SUV's, trucks, and sports cars I am thinking the lighter shade will be easier to maintain and not show minor scruffs and scrapes it the IG might suffer. Still....Inky Black, Donny Grey, and even Sela are in the running!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
I had a look at my dealers car park today.
He had cars in the following colours:
Donney grey, MM, black, eldoret blue with black roof, red, red with black roof, green.
While the grey and the black one look really cool I would certainly have a look at the other colours as well.
The black and the grey could be - especially with the tinted windows- to dark. Of course it is a matter of everybody’s taste. But before buying it from the colour of a jerry can I would prefer to see it on a bigger surface (eg a car)
My red one looks darker than I thought as well and I am happy that I still like it.

IMG_9132.jpeg
Left = grey, right = black
IMG_9129.jpeg
Left = black, right = grey
IMG_9128.jpeg
Red = darker than assumed

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
I had a look at my dealers car park today.
He had cars in the following colours:
Donney grey, MM, black, eldoret blue with black roof, red, red with black roof, green.
While the grey and the black one look really cool I would certainly have a look at the other colours as well.
The black and the grey could be - especially with the tinted windows- to dark. Of course it is a matter of everybody’s taste. But before buying it from the colour of a jerry can I would prefer to see it on a bigger surface (eg a car)
My red one looks darker than I thought as well and I am happy that I still like it.

View attachment 7809408
Left = grey, right = black
View attachment 7809409
Left = black, right = grey
View attachment 7809410
Red = darker than assumed
Queens red looks the better for being darker, unlike the Donny grey which could do with being a shade lighter.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Queens red looks the better for being darker, unlike the Donny grey which could do with being a shade lighter.
I thought this photo made the Queens red really ping:
FB_IMG_1682842613611.jpg

Also noteworthy for a rare breed of owner who doesn't have a driveway consisting of 20mm golden gravel.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought this photo made the Queens red really ping:
View attachment 7809983

Also noteworthy for a rare breed of owner who doesn't have a driveway consisting of 20mm golden gravel.
I hummed and haa when I placed my order it was between Queens Red and Donny grey. I went for DG, now 8 months on after seeing "real one" I prefer the Queens red.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hummed and haa when I placed my order it was between Queens Red and Donny grey. I went for DG, now 8 months on after seeing "real one" I prefer the Queens red.
😬

I guess you reassure yourself the DG is more popular, if you ever need to move it on?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Can’t decide between seal green, Britannica blue and Donny gray.
The metallic colour might be easier to polish if you have some scratches in it.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm struggling to decide upon a color and bet I'm not alone (currently debating Magic Mushroom, Sela Green, Brittannia Blue, and Scottish White). I thought it would be helpful to stake out a thread for folks to post high quality non-rendered videos of the different colors (and roof color combos) on the road, in the bush, etc. in a variety of lighting conditions.

So, to kick things off, here is a HD video of a Magic Mushroom Trialmaster in action that I stumbled across:

If you have found some similar quality videos for MM and the other colors, please share them here. Thanks!

I thought I would like the mm color more. it looks like fleshtone with added peach. this color isn't for me.

Local time
Reaction score
man,....these black steelies are dying for some kind of contrast. most ww2 wheels look better than these. these just leaves a big void to the eyes. many different steel options and they land on these.......very poor design choice. some potential customers will see that and hate the car because of it

can't believe they didn't have a white and/or silver option as well.

Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
man,....these black steelies are dying for some kind of contrast. most ww2 wheels look better than these. these just leaves a big void to the eyes. many different steel options and they land on these.......very poor design choice. some potential customers will see that and hate the car because of it

can't believe they didn't have a white and/or silver option as well.

I think they look fine, but you could always get a couple cans of spray paint and a stencil if you want to add some highlights...

The 18" alloys are as blingy as it's gonna get unless you go aftermarket.

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
I was sold on the Scottish White until I saw photos of the MM. But when I was at the driver experience in Colorado, I thought the MM was darker in person than in the photos and I wasn’t sold, whereas the Scottish White looked fantastic. Still, I keep thinking about MM and despite my initial reaction when I saw it in person I think I’ll order that color when the US order window opens up next week.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I was sold on the Scottish White until I saw photos of the MM. But when I was at the driver experience in Colorado, I thought the MM was darker in person than in the photos and I wasn’t sold, whereas the Scottish White looked fantastic. Still, I keep thinking about MM and despite my initial reaction when I saw it in person I think I’ll order that color when the US order window opens up next week.
Ha, MM was ahead of SW for me until I saw both in person, and then SW nudged ahead - at least for now. My wife went with me to the drive event, saw I was going back and forth staring hard at the MM and SW versions, and posed an astute question - "The vehicle looks like a classic. Which color looks more classic to you?" And that's when Scottish White nudged ahead of Magic Mushroom for me coming into the home stretch. I've abandoned my other early picks Britannia Blue and Sela Green after seeing them in person. Still a little time to change my mind. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom