The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
I honestly can’t decide. I’d like to order one with a red chassis and can’t decide that color looks best. Any thoughts?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I honestly can’t decide. I’d like to order one with a red chassis and can’t decide that color looks best. Any thoughts?
Personal choice.
What will the neighbours think?
What will the next buyer think?
Important choice because you can't repaint it , and if you regret it , it'll be staring at you day (& night ;) )
For me , yeah nah yeah nah. As with the wraps they originally offered.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn't care what the neighbours say. If you're considering selling it at some point, I think it will be harder with the frame probably not looking red all the way through.
Apart from the fact that I didn't want a red frame, it wouldn't look as nice as it used to, as I've had my Grenadier completely waxed on the underside. Dirt and dust will get stuck there.

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't care what the neighbours say. If you're considering selling it at some point, I think it will be harder with the frame probably not looking red all the way through.
Apart from the fact that I didn't want a red frame, it wouldn't look as nice as it used to, as I've had my Grenadier completely waxed on the underside. Dirt and dust will get stuck there.
That’s a good point … and I could give a flip
about the neighbors. Would love to see MM or SW up in the mountains but Shale Blue or Donny would look good around town. Wish I hadn’t seen the colors in a white out in Colorado Springs 😬

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a good point … and I could give a flip
about the neighbors. Would love to see MM or SW up in the mountains but Shale Blue or Donny would look good around town. Wish I hadn’t seen the colors in a white out in Colorado Springs 😬
The more choice, the more difficult. My family and I decided on MM together, even though I was the only one who wavered in between. But they convinced me.
But I don't drive into town with the vehicle either. In fields, forests and meadows, MM looks very natural and adapts to the light conditions. Sometimes white, sometimes beige. And don't worry, not really pink. And if it is dusty, you can only see that when you run your finger over it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't care what the neighbours say.
I too care not!
However it seems to me a lot of people tart their cars up for appearance' sake.
For me, it's all about function and reliability.
My neighbours would laugh if I bought a Jeep
(Now I'll be hounded by the offended , but I care not!)

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
I looked back at all the posts and hardly any love for the Scottish White. I took these pics at the Drive in Hollister Hills, CA a couple of months back and will probably go with this with a black roof, or a close second the Sela Green posted a few posts back.
thumbnail
20230304_113203.jpeg20230304_113451.jpeg20230304_112800.jpeg20230304_111735.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
I looked back at all the posts and hardly any love for the Scottish White. I took these pics at the Drive in Hollister Hills, CA a couple of months back and will probably go with this with a black roof, or a close second the Sela Green posted a few posts back.
thumbnail
View attachment 7811091View attachment 7811092View attachment 7811093View attachment 7811094

this is sharp. and the white is free. i don't think there's much reason to buy any colored version @ $500/$1000 at least for me. it's too easy picking other things or nothing at all as a substitute. stuff adds up quickly.

the must have, want to have line has to begin/end someplace.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
this is sharp. and the white is free. i don't think there's much reason to buy any colored version @ $500/$1000 at least for me. it's too easy picking other things or nothing at all as a substitute. stuff adds up quickly.

the must have, want to have line has to begin/end someplace.
You are absolut right! The line begins with the basic model and follows the way where you just put all the important stuff in. It ends right after choosing QR and the contrast roof ;)

Local time
Reaction score
You are absolut right! The line begins with the basic model and follows the way where you just put all the important stuff in. It ends right after choosing QR and the contrast roof ;)

ineos really hits your wallet hard with the contrast roof paint.

i guess the time and multiple steps required might play some part. (it's like they want to discourage you from doing it.) but to have it cost more than the paint job as a whole doesn't sit right with me. i'd just assume to pay a lil more and get a black rack of some sort before i pay 1000 for roof paint.

Last edited:

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it possible they roll out a new color for the US market? Many companies do but I’d guess not in this case given the newness of the whole operation.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
I guess that depends on what feedback they've been getting from the current tour events. Is anyone strongly objecting to the current colour range?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t see why they’d open up a whole new colour pallet for the US market different to the rest of the planet? I suppose if you’re prepared to pay more for the privilege, although it seems a lot of Americans are whining about the potential price as it is. FB US participants seem to go on and on and on about the price (without knowing what it is) ad nauseam.

Back
Top Bottom