The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by the colors in person. Granted it was bright day in Bridgeport, TX, but every color was more attractive in person than on the screen. The red and magic mushroom surprised me the most, in a positive way. I do wish that the green was lighter. It appeared black until close inspection when I was in the shade. I am at a loss on what to choose… original thought was light blue/white top… now I’m thinking MM/blank top… decisions…

Hopefully these mediocre photos help others….
View attachment 7806144View attachment 7806145View attachment 7806146View attachment 7806147
Great pics @WyomingRoaming and thank you for posting them. The colour look a lot better on the jerry cans compared to the metal angle plates I’ve seen in Australia. I like how Scottish white has a bit of cream to it and magic mushroom a shade of desert pink.
Cheers
Steve

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Great pics @WyomingRoaming and thank you for posting them. The colour look a lot better on the jerry cans compared to the metal angle plates I’ve seen in Australia. I like how Scottish white has a bit of cream to it and magic mushroom a shade of desert pink.
Cheers
Steve
The Jerry cans were an intelligent move on Ineos’ part. Besides being “on brand” for the vehicle, the curves, edges and angles of the can gave insight to how the paint looks in sun, shade, etc.

rovingoz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Once a MM gets a bit of dirt on it, it really looks the part. But, also looks good when clean. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_150003.jpg
    IMG_20230317_150003.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 330608589_744775147261849_2581468593075872271_n.jpg
    330608589_744775147261849_2581468593075872271_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 155
  • FB_IMG_1677882441102.jpg
    FB_IMG_1677882441102.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 160

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once a MM gets a bit of dirt on it, it really looks the part. But, also looks good when clean. 👍
I have a nagging feeling that vehicles/clothing that look military make border crossings more difficult than they need be.
Not to mention a post-Middle East anxiety that one should avoid looking interesting from a hostile drone.

Other than such personal paranoia, the MM does look great! I reckon I’d go for this if not for international use.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
I have a nagging feeling that vehicles/clothing that look military make border crossings more difficult than they need be.
Not to mention a post-Middle East anxiety that one should avoid looking interesting from a hostile drone.

Other than such personal paranoia, the MM does look great! I reckon I’d go for this if not for international use.
I never thought of MM as a military look. Of course I see the similarities with Operation Desertstorm when it is mentioned here but when I will see a MM Grenadier I just see a cool colour.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Should be good where I'm from :D
Crossing the border into Victoria?
I think the two heads would be more of a worry than the colour of your Grenadier...
That and the tassie devil in the back where most people would have a dog....

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I never thought of MM as a military look. Of course I see the similarities with Operation Desertstorm when it is mentioned here but when I will see a MM Grenadier I just see a cool colour.
Yeah, just thinking out loud about how the vehicle is viewed from a distance.
Equivalent consideration in Oz is that white is easiest to spot from an aircraft/another vehicle/in dust.
In locations where security is an issue, white + aerials = NGO, which can be handy to be confused with.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Crossing the border into Victoria?
I think the two heads would be more of a worry than the colour of your Grenadier...
Luckily then that I was born in England 😁

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, just thinking out loud about how the vehicle is viewed from a distance.
Equivalent consideration in Oz is that white is easiest to spot from an aircraft/another vehicle/in dust.
In locations where security is an issue, white + aerials = NGO, which can be handy to be confused with.
Could go hi vis?
Screenshot_20230317_111734.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I live on a remote fell side farm so tend to go for "earth colours" for my vehicles so as not to stand out, my Discoverys have always been green. But I have to say (n) to lime green. Never mind locals, I'd offend people on the space station. Would probably prevent an alien invasion though.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
You shouldn‘t pick Shale Blue with a black roof: some of these cars seem to come only with 3 mounted wheels. ;-)
The german text translates as „Do you require assistance?“

Attachments

• B7A26526-7E29-4A6B-A415-64935705BD42.png
    B7A26526-7E29-4A6B-A415-64935705BD42.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 170
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Can any of you getting a Britannia Blue vehicle post your reaction to the color once you see it in person (particularly with the white roof). I’m leaning towards this but on the fence, as it was more black than blue at my local event. Need help before it’s time to order in the states.

Thanks!

Reactions: Sam

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can any of you getting a Britannia Blue vehicle post your reaction to the color once you see it in person (particularly with the white roof). I’m leaning towards this but on the fence, as it was more black than blue at my local event. Need help before it’s time to order in the states.

Thanks!
Seen this at demo day. Great colour combo. It is a dark blue, but obv not black in daylight, roof very cool contrast. Lots of people making impressed noises. Think i remember the same level of appeal in a south african video a while back, turning heads. If you like it, you’ll like it- i think go with your gut feel and own it. They’re all pretty good colours….
All the dark colours off my list though; heat, and i prefer not to wash cars often (usually water restrictions on), so the dirt/dust tends to show.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks!
Colour is a personal decision go with YOUR gut instincts and not be lead by others

Back
Top Bottom