The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
I posted some pictures here of all the colors except Donny Grey.
Scottish white top.
MM 2nd down.
These taken with a little bit of cloud above and are the 2 best pictures I have that reflect what my eye saw on the day.

Attachments

• 20221216_134246.jpg
    20221216_134246.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
  • 20221216_131434.jpg
    20221216_131434.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
Here's a few color photos I took today at the Santa Clarita / Los Angeles test drive event.
Before viewing the Grenadier in person, I was leaning towards Shale Blue, however seeing them
in person, now giving serious consideration to both the Eldoret Blue with a Scottish White roof or
a Scottish White with an inky black roof. I like the black contrasts against each of these paint colors.
The Sterling Silver also offers a nice contrast to the black trim too. I found the Scottish White color
to be a very nice rich looking ivory when looking at it on an angle and then when you walked
straight up to it, it turned into a brighter white. The Sterling Silver also changes from a very light
silver in the shade to a light metallic blue when the sun and blue sky is reflecting off of it.
Enjoy the photos. DaBull

Attachments

• Sterling Silver - Sunny Side.jpeg
    Sterling Silver - Sunny Side.jpeg
    905.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Sterling Silver - Shady Side.jpeg
    Sterling Silver - Shady Side.jpeg
    798.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Scottish White - P7.jpeg
    Scottish White - P7.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Eldoret Blue.jpeg
    Eldoret Blue.jpeg
    862.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Paint Colors.jpeg
    Paint Colors.jpeg
    890.4 KB · Views: 208
Local time
Reaction score
At the event this week outside of Los Angeles, the Britannia Blue looked almost black — both on the Jerry can and the one vehicle on the ramp. This is the color I’m planning on, but now I’m having second thoughts. Has anyone seen one in the flesh and thought it looked blue/navy?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Aurans, I was at the Los Angeles Test Drive event and personally viewed and walked around the Britannia Blue Grenadier on the rack. Your correct in that Britannia Blue is an extremely dark blue. In the shade it looked almost black. In the sun you can see it is a very dark blue which does look elegant. In a perfect world, it would be one shade lighter, however I think if it was optioned with a white roof, then the blue would stand out more and it likely be a classic and winning combination. The one they had at the event will likely be at the upcoming San Diego event. It may be worth the long drive to view it and the other colors in person. DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Aurans, I was at the Los Angeles Test Drive event and personally viewed and walked around the Britannia Blue Grenadier on the rack. Your correct in that Britannia Blue is an extremely dark blue. In the shade it looked almost black. In the sun you can see it is a very dark blue which does look elegant. In a perfect world, it would be one shade lighter, however I think if it was optioned with a white roof, then the blue would stand out more and it likely be a classic and winning combination. The one they had at the event will likely be at the upcoming San Diego event. It may be worth the long drive to view it and the other colors in person. DaBull
Thanks, DaBull. I have the same thoughts about the white roof, which is also part of my current practice build. Wish I could get to the SD event, but unfortunately, I won’t be able to. My gut is telling me to stick with Britannia.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Go a lighter colour - they look better in all respects!

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
B5D4F0CB-B679-4DC7-AF4C-7FC8D1940332.jpeg
It is the config I chose and saw quite a difference between it and a black on next to it.

WyomingRoaming

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by the colors in person. Granted it was bright day in Bridgeport, TX, but every color was more attractive in person than on the screen. The red and magic mushroom surprised me the most, in a positive way. I do wish that the green was lighter. It appeared black until close inspection when I was in the shade. I am at a loss on what to choose… original thought was light blue/white top… now I’m thinking MM/blank top… decisions…

Hopefully these mediocre photos help others….
136B8A31-0AF7-463E-9E33-292F9E784DA6.jpeg685F3273-956E-42CB-B382-82567CBFF7CC.jpeg3219D62E-BE40-4BFF-A9B8-81BA96A7BE6B.jpegA628E187-67B6-48B8-AC9A-E1619E71C589.jpeg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by the colors in person. Granted it was bright day in Bridgeport, TX, but every color was more attractive in person than on the screen. The red and magic mushroom surprised me the most, in a positive way. I do wish that the green was lighter. It appeared black until close inspection when I was in the shade. I am at a loss on what to choose… original thought was light blue/white top… now I’m thinking MM/blank top… decisions…

Hopefully these mediocre photos help others….
View attachment 7806144View attachment 7806145View attachment 7806146View attachment 7806147
After grappling with colour choice, initially only off the Grenadier Configurator, then from photos/videos taken by forum members of the cars & "jerry cans" and finally my eyes seeing the cars in person at drive days; I strongly advise all who are yet to choose: SEE THE CARS IN PERSON before making a decision.

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
After grappling with colour choice, initially only off the Grenadier Configurator, then from photos/videos taken by forum members of the cars & "jerry cans" and finally my eyes seeing the cars in person at drive days; I strongly advise all who are yet to choose: SEE THE CARS IN PERSON before making a decision.
Too late, but I already made the correct choice (Magic Mushroom) 🙏

Back
Top Bottom