The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Choosing a Color - Grenadier Colors in the Wild

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
This is the magic mushroom picture that settled my internal battle with Scottish white.

FB_IMG_1669640072596.jpg

With my South African background I do like the Springbok coloured version, however I'd be slightly annoyed getting into it everytime we lost to the All Blacks 🤣.

FB_IMG_1669640110859.jpg

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure I don't have to to remind you all that we're still World Champions. 🇿🇦🏆

Looking forward to the world cup this year and the world cup after that which is hosted down under. The Grenadier will need a custom wrap for the special occasion and a travel schedule to the games.

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I really need to see them side by side. I love the look of the MM with the black roof, but being so close to hell (living in the desert, we're only a few degrees cooler than hell in the summer), I really need MM with a white roof!
Living in dubai, we see temps of 45-50s (C) or 120s (F)hroughout the summer , I’m worried about the contrast black roof cooking me during those months , I’m thinking to install a tint or something not sure what can work to reduce roof heat. I’m also really hoping ineos put in a real ac with a strong compressor..

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Not read all the replies in detail bit I find a good resource for (real) images of different colours is the Ineos website press section/ videos plus twitter/ Instagram feeds going back through of all their past events.

Brittania Blue for me

1400-604-01.png

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
My 2c on colour and photos…
there is no ‘unrendered’ or accurate photo. Cameras all adjust white balance, colour, saturation and hue for a start, and there’s no ‘zero’ point for any of that. Then there’s the light around the car and photographer (hence silver often looking blue, because it’s often photographed on a sunny day, reflects blue sky). All colours reflect their environment to differing degrees.
then there’s filters, or ‘rendering’, and effects added sometimes, and always in professional content, including ineos’.
finally, monitors have all the same attributes and add their own layer of change.

in short, there’s no chance of an accurate impression until you see the car. And then again when its cloudy, or when its not freshly washed, because that’s infrequent (especially when we get droughts again!) But I agree that they’re all good colours, which lowers the risk a fair bit.

The choice, at least for me, has been very difficult. Hot country, so like rovingoz ‘im only looking at the light colours. Still have been through many changes of mind. Too much time to think🥴
James, so many people don't understand color and human perception of color. It's an incredibly complex subject. The points you make are spot on, especially on how each stage of color reproduction adds it own biases.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
currently debating Magic Mushroom, Sela Green, Brittannia Blue, and Scottish White
My take:

Magic Mushroom is IMO a good choice.
Sela Green is very nice, but a tad too dark. And it should in my opinion be combined with a white roof: too expensive.
Scottish White is the direct competitor to Magic Mushroom, I think. I like it, it matches the type of car very well.

In General: Sterling Silver is the most "robust" color when it comes to scratches and dirt. Less visible than on dark colors or Mushroom or White. It deflects the heat from summer sunlight very well. Disadvantage: As being the color of VW Golfs, Audis and the like, it's as well the most boring color.

IMO, the current colors are unfortunately not very appealing. If have, by family verdict, chosen Donny Grey - which now comes out darker than we hoped, but so be it.

I'm quite sure, after delivery Ineos will present the colors for the next year, and will likely have exactly what I'd like to see. But for the price increase I could easily pay for a custom painting - which I will of course not do.

Last edited:
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
You have to see the colors in real !
I ordered my Greni in Britannia Blue with a red ladder chassis, because I am a supporter of the cycling team. But during the opening party at the Swiss Dealer, the Silver color with a black roof and black chassis took my breath. Unfortunately reordering would mean that my former order would be canceled and new one would be set up with a new lead time of 6 months at least.

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the "real life" pictures. It's helping with the color decision, as IG's site appears to be a bit off in their hues.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the "real life" pictures. It's helping with the color decision, as IG's site appears to be a bit off in their hues.
Keep in mind that the camera will have altered the colour, your monitor settings will alter it again and every separate human sees colours differently due to the physical differences in eyes and the number and types of rods & cones in them.

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the camera will have altered the colour, your monitor settings will alter it again and every separate human sees colours differently due to the physical differences in eyes and the number and types of rods & cones in them.

Yes, completely agreed, however on my same screen the IA site's hues are definitely different than the real life pictures (video is best IMHO like with the YouTube video of the MM, as the MM was shown in so many different shades of daylight, it was very helpful to see).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
MM in the videos looks very good... on the color palette I didn't see a rosey hue that some mentioned but I'm not sure if they are referring to the IA site model or real colour on metal? Won't matter when it's layered in red dust...

Back
Top Bottom