The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Can Get my Grenadier Insured

Grenadierfella

Production/Transit
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a problem and would welcome any help,

My car is due to me in 2/3 weeks, the 5 seater commercial and so far I cannot get this insured, I have a rental company and want to use it for towing delivering & collecting cherry pickers / scissor lifts here in the uk, I have been turned down by serval insurers, I live in a good area I have a clean driving record and have had no claims or bumps. This is quite worrying as the whole reason for my purchase is to put the car to work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Grenadierfella

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the SOS thread was to be only used for emergency situations, in field/overlanding break down situations requiring urgent assistance. I respectfully suggest that your questions are addressed through a normal thread.
Other than that welcome to the forum a d an sure someone will address your concerns
Go easy on him I’m sure @Grenadierfella didn’t realise what the thread is for as it’s his first message !
@Grenadierfella please repost your message in the U.K. insurance thread and I’m sure forum members will come up with some suggestions as will I. 👍🏼

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My car is due to me in 2/3 weeks, the 5 seater commercial and so far I cannot get this insured, I have a rental company and want to use it for towing delivering & collecting cherry pickers / scissor lifts here in the uk, I have been turned down by serval insurers, I live in a good area I have a clean driving record and have had no claims or bumps. This is quite worrying as the whole reason for my purchase is to put the car to work.

Regards

Grenadierfella
Hi there,
I just got mine insured through NFU but it had to go onto a commercial insurance, not car!
Try them , I found them very helpful but I do all my vehicles through NFU

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did they put a rider into the policy vis a vis Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser for theft cover? That is what they did with my Fieldmaster despite an active tracker being fitted. Had to switch to LV for theft cover.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Would you believe, I'm with SAGA - £755 (no restrictions)? However, I also have an M5 and that is £230 cheaper with them.........

Last edited:

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there,
I just got mine insured through NFU but it had to go onto a commercial insurance, not car!
Try them , I found them very helpful but I do all my vehicles through NFU
Update, NFU just sent through my insurance document pack and have asked for a Thatcham category 2 immobiliser despite not telling me during insurance quotation process - now not impressed so have asked Ineos dealer for specifications of enhanced immobiliser fitted to Fieldmaster - does anyone know how to get this from IS direct?

Local time
Reaction score
Update, NFU just sent through my insurance document pack and have asked for a Thatcham category 2 immobiliser despite not telling me during insurance quotation process - now not impressed so have asked Ineos dealer for specifications of enhanced immobiliser fitted to Fieldmaster - does anyone know how to get this from IS direct?
I’m with NFU and they didn’t ask for any of that

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m with NFU and they didn’t ask for any of that
I suspect the underwriters are looking at postcodes (hopefully in my case) and those in/ near cities bearing the brunt

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

Regards

Grenadierfella
You have bought a "van" and you will need van insurance. Mine is through Admiral and was selected after using the comparison sites. Adrian Flux will offer cover but the prices may be a bit high.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got van insurance on a multi car policy with Admiral, 2 seat utility. Had to give them a call but got a good deal, that was in June so may have changed since then.

Last edited:

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect the underwriters are looking at postcodes (hopefully in my case) and those in/ near cities bearing the brunt
It‘s a weird one. I insure house, buildings, etc with NFU, property is remote and yet Thatcham Cat 2 for the Gren. No such clause for the L405. My guess is they woke up to the Ineos spec change from Thatcham Cat 1. The likelihood - Ineos failed the Thatcham assessment, results which eventually filter down to the subscribing/shareholding insurers?

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Regards

Grenadierfella
Hello have you tried NFU I use my vehicle commercially and also access airfields etc which is usually difficult

Back
Top Bottom