The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance renewal

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I would appreciate any comments about insurance rates.
I insured my Grenadier Fieldmaster at collection at the end of April. NFU quoted £640 and then there was 13.5% loyalty discount to come off + Insurance tax) and I was happy with this that was way through my insured period and now the annual renewal has come in at £892.83 (now less 12%) + Insurance tax. This is for 15,000 annual miles, I have an 8 Year NCD, two drivers, me (71) my wife 65 with no points on our licences and no claims in the last 5 years.
This seems very steep - any views?
Thanks
John

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
I insured my Grenadier Fieldmaster at collection at the end of April. NFU quoted £640 and then there was 13.5% loyalty discount to come off + Insurance tax) and I was happy with this that was way through my insured period and now the annual renewal has come in at £892.83 (now less 12%) + Insurance tax. This is for 15,000 annual miles, I have an 8 Year NCD, two drivers, me (71) my wife 65 with no points on our licences and no claims in the last 5 years.
Thanks
John
I am expecting a significant rise from my original £450.00 with LV. A couple of months after insuring my Grenadier, my house insurance also with LV, came through at nearly 50% higher premium than previous.
I would certainly shop around but I expect your recent quote will be in the ballpark.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am expecting a significant rise from my original £450.00 with LV. A couple of months after insuring my Grenadier, my house insurance also with LV, came through at nearly 50% higher premium than previous.
I would certainly shop around but I expect your recent quote will be in the ballpark.
Thanks!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks
John
All motoring insurances seem to be going up significantly, they are stating the increase in repair costs and the replacement parts and spare costs have increased.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello North Americans - just curious if anyone has gotten quotes on insurance? My insurance company couldn't provide me with anything because I do not yet have a VIN. For those who do - anything you can share?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My Grenadier went on the road on the 22nd April 2023, insured as a Van with Admiral for £646.88. My renewal came today for £1,099.44. Confused.com could not come up with a premium less than £1800, Meerkats came back with nearly £1600 and Direct Line declined to quote.

NFU finally quoted me £1088.00, so a tiny bit cheaper than Admiral. I've gone with NFU, Admiral have been a pain in the past and were a reluctant purchase in the first place. Being over age 70 is a risk factor, so that may explain the step in premiums for you. (I'm 60, 20k'ish a year miles and an IFA).

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier went on the road on the 22nd April 2023, insured as a Van with Admiral for £646.88. My renewal came today for £1,099.44. Confused.com could not come up with a premium less than £1800, Meerkats came back with nearly £1600 and Direct Line declined to quote.

NFU are working up a quote likely to be just under the £1000 mark. Being over age 70 is a risk factor, so that may explain the step in premiums for you. (I'm 60, 20k'ish a year miles and an IFA).
I am expecting my multi car quote from LV any time now. Not looking forward to it.
Rural area, average miles, clean license, etc, etc doesn't seem to count for much anymore.

Local time
Reaction score
I was warned by my carrier when I inquired, that I should expect rates to climb as data on poor parts availability, limited repair facilities, excess loaner time, excessive transport costs etc, start to roll in. There’s no morsel of information they do not track.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was warned by my carrier when I inquired, that I should expect rates to climb as data on poor parts availability, limited repair facilities, excess loaner time, excessive transport costs etc, start to roll in. There’s no morsel of information they do not track.
Back in December USAA told me they give the most competitive offer they can, and at $85/month I’m not complaining.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Admiral did the usual trick when you try and cancel of requoting at a lower price; I have issues with the ethics of this and I have stuck with NFU, but others may find a bit of horse-trading useful.
So far I have been happy with service from LV. Will see what they come up with on renewal. NFU would be my other favoured choice however, if Admirals quote of £450.00 on an SW specced up with everything bar winches, was accurate I could see them winning some of my business.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am expecting my multi car quote from LV any time now. Not looking forward to it.
Rural area, average miles, clean license, etc, etc doesn't seem to count for much anymore.
Just done mine wit duel car policy at Admiral. Brand new Trialmaster and sept 2016 Disco 4. Less than £1100. Included full house and contents from November 24, all in £1250. PAMS wanted £1070 for the disco from 24 April (equity redstart) Pleased this time with Admiral’s deal.

Local time
Reaction score
I have justed renew my Trialmaster via Admiral for £1343 Ouch!!!, it was about £550 last year from Churchill who refused to renew this year
My policy with Admiral is fully comp Gold cover covering all over europe with 2 additional drivers but only 3000miles/pa I did go via Topcashback web site who were offerign a 34% cash back offer when going via moneysupermarket so hopefully when I get the cashback in about 6 months I'll have paid £886.00

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have justed renew my Trialmaster via Admiral for £1343 Ouch!!!, it was about £550 last year from Churchill who refused to renew this year
My policy with Admiral is fully comp Gold cover covering all over europe with 2 additional drivers but only 3000miles/pa I did go via Topcashback web site who were offerign a 34% cash back offer when going via moneysupermarket so hopefully when I get the cashback in about 6 months I'll have paid £886.00

Well I went the Churchill route, so I can expect the same treatment then. Mine was £650, and I was expecting a BS renewal of about £1500.

All the insurance companies are jumping on the 4x4 tax, or should I say rip off.

Local time
Reaction score
Well I went the Churchill route, so I can expect the same treatment then. Mine was £650, and I was expecting a BS renewal of about £1500.

All the insurance companies are jumping on the 4x4 tax, or should I say rip off.
I wouldn't say they are all jumping on the 4x4 tax with many of them just refusing the insure the Grenadier full stop!. I'm normally fairly good at finding cheap insurance as I have other vehicles including two old defenders that I have got good deals on. I really struggled this time around with the Grenadier, I hope things get better next year.

Back
Top Bottom