The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
I thought the roof load (using gutter) was 400 static & 150 dynamic.

So - are we saying the dynamic max load goes to 400 by using the grab handles ?
Thats a good question, I'm currently looking for the info online for all of the weights (which I saw somewhere)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the roof load (using gutter) was 400 static & 150 dynamic.

So - are we saying the dynamic max load goes to 400 by using the grab handles ?
I've just had a look through the owners manual and there is no mention of load rating for those rails, there is for all other components- door/quarter panel utility rail, ladder etc. But one could only assume that the handle/rails are only rated to the max dynamic load combined so- 37.5kgs per rail? Hopefully someone will have an answer :unsure:

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
I’d enquired about dims on the supplied roof rack and this is what I got back:

The Dynamic roof load is 150Kg’s, the static roof load is 420Kg’s

The dimensions of the platform are Length 2523.81mm and Width of 1581.62mm.

These dimensions give a surface area of 42.97 sq./ft. (4 sqm.)

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Interesting the roof rack looks to be fixed to the grab rails rather than gutter mounts, I wonder as to the load ratings.

View attachment 7809000

Mounting of roof rack looks awesome. If they proof load rating and handling to put on and off is somewhat straightforward then I fear my roof tent costs a bit more. Looking forward to see this in real. And super excited about a small Swiss provider acts so fast. And not only cool stuff in Australian aftermarkets that we can‘t get here 😉

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Overland Fuel looks almost identical in several ways to the US Rotopax.

I think I like the overall system of the Rotopax more (and the product line is a bit deeper), but Overland Fuel has a few nice options for spouts and has the basic covered.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
For the same relative price as the €142 Overland Elephant 17 L container, one can purchase 8 x 20L (160L) jerry cans manufactured by the Canadian company Scepter. They're an excellent design and have incorporated separate materials for petrol and diesel versions...

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the same relative price as the €142 Overland Elephant 17 L container, one can purchase 8 x 20L (160L) jerry cans manufactured by the Canadian company Scepter. They're an excellent design and have incorporated separate materials for petrol and diesel versions...
Scepter also do great water Jerry's with a wide opening lid... In mushroom colour!!!! Unfortunately not here in Australia and Amazon is $150 which seems excessive. But.....on the other hand Mushroom colour to match the car!!!! And easy to clean out.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how much that costs ? Personally for 8.5L I’ll be going with Jerry cans I think unless an aftermarket supplier comes up with an auxiliary tank for where the adblue tank would be on the diesel model.
Hardly seems worth it for 8.5lts, I'll keep on with my 20lt cans and mount them on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom