The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
I haven't spoken to or heard anything regarding the IG from ARB, have you had discussions with them?
Not HQ/senior management - reps at the Sydney 4wd Show and at my local branch in St Peters.

Message I received was that IG-specific solutions could be expected only after the badge is established in market, noting at that time the new 300 series and Patrol were occupying their attention.

That said there was some interest in the vehicle, including a staff member either with an order or considering such.

Local troops expressed interest in getting my vehicle into the workshop for a closer look.
I’m putting that down to ‘Always Be Closing’ as much as curiosity though… I equipped for our last expedition from those guys.

Ker-ching…

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not surprised.... there's no real basis for a business case to start on type-specific aftermarket "improvements". The standard Grenadier suspension has met with much positive comment including the owner of a prominent Australian aftermarket manufacturer who is reported to have apologised after experiencing the vehicle, for his pre-ride comments, that his firm could no doubt make improvements! The costs of engineering development for a type specific bull bar from scratch are now well north of $200k. Wouldn't expect anything of this nature for at least 2 yrs. Besides, the factory option bar is price competitive and available..

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The other of the big two - TJM apparently have done nothing either at this stage, at least that’s from a Sunshine Coast rep.
I gather TJM is a ‘fast follower’ of ARB at a product level… although this is maybe not fair when it comes to barwork as they seem to have their own perspectives on how those should be developed/engineered. Point being I think ARB watches the market while TJM watches ARB.

That’s observed from outside the tent and is not meant as a criticism, just an observation of strategy.

I’ve no first hand experience with their products, but the quality seems good. Are you a TJM advocate?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not surprised.... there's no real basis for a business case to start on type-specific aftermarket "improvements". The standard Grenadier suspension has met with much positive comment including the owner of a prominent Australian aftermarket manufacturer who is reported to have apologised after experiencing the vehicle, for his pre-ride comments, that his firm could no doubt make improvements! The costs of engineering development for a type specific bull bar from scratch are now well north of $200k. Wouldn't expect anything of this nature for at least 2 yrs. Besides, the factory option bar is price competitive and available..
I’m thinking the most one can expect is model-specific bundling of existing products/components like we’ve seen from FrontRunner.

The Black Sheep-type boutique manufacturer appeals to me so I’d be happy to see them ensure availability in Oz.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I gather TJM is a ‘fast follower’ of ARB at a product level… although this is maybe not fair when it comes to barwork as they seem to have their own perspectives on how those should be developed/engineered. Point being I think ARB watches the market while TJM watches ARB.

That’s observed from outside the tent and is not meant as a criticism, just an observation of strategy.

I’ve no first hand experience with their products, but the quality seems good. Are you a TJM advocate?
ARB.

I have TJM sidesteps on my 200 - they started to rust about 6 months after I got them. No other rust anywhere else on the vehicle.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Thomas Grütter, Chief Executive at Black Sheep Innovations GmbH this morning posted on FB:

"..... and another beautiful thing.....
😍
"

"... and again something nice for the INEOS Grenadier is in serial production. Heavy duty and of course in aluminum....
Soon available in our online shop."

340961088_566806335272530_6224286999350584227_n.jpg

340931802_731657881775581_1883169270519940913_n.jpg

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
If they change sides, it would be great. A narrow slide for the narrow door, and a wide slide for the other…
But for me it should be much lower…

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they change sides, it would be great. A narrow slide for the narrow door, and a wide slide for the other…
Excellent suggestion 👍

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like it's trying to clear the wheel arches and keep a flat top surface. It would be interesting to see how it fits with the seats and whether it's one size fits all for N1 and M1.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Black Sheep have responded -
"The width of the drawers is matched to the width of the seats, not to the width of the doors. Only part of the back seat can be folded down and the rest used as storage space. At the back, it makes no sense to use the dimensions of the doors as the narrow drawer would not offer enough space in width."

Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
I don't get that?
I feel they just meant the LH side fold-down is wider than the RH side. This just allows the slide-forward section to be accessible from the top in case one of the two rear seats remain usable as seats.

Maybe the better wording should be "Only part of the back seat could be folded down and used as storage space ..."?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This just allows the slide-forward section to be accessible from the top in case one of the two rear seats remain usable as seats.
OK - I'd missed that the top was on slides/runners. I had assumed it was just an "exploded" diagram.

Back
Top Bottom