The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Assume we get all the details on Monday.

My concern with this is also less about weight downwards but catching all the weight that every bump and winds force upwards and backwards.
Keep in mind that the roof handles an roof was designed for no rack. You could lash things directly to the roof. Your concern was going to happen with or without this rack.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but for me those sliders are a touch too close to the body for my liking, especially seeing as potentially there could be close to 1.5T resting on one. Hitting a rock is one thing but ramp over hard.....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but for me those sliders are a touch too close to the body for my liking, especially seeing as potentially there could be close to 1.5T resting on one. Hitting a rock is one thing but ramp over hard.....
Yes lets see a hi lift jack under one for s start. I'll bet they are pricey+++

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes lets see a hi lift jack under one for s start. I'll bet they are pricey+++
The prototypes were stainless these may be as well, I mentioned before that they will be up against (in time) ARB and the like, but apparently they are looking at AU seller. Interesting to see whats ahead
I do Prefer the factory sliders myself.
:unsure:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There is stainless...and there is stainless. Is the sheep one marine grade?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does it need to be? Even standard grade stainless is going to be better than mild steel.
If I pay the extra for "ordinary" SS I do not want it rusting.
Saltwater is the test!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I pay the extra for "ordinary" SS I do not want it rusting.
Saltwater is the test!
Pay less for mild steel sliders and they are guaranteed to rust if you like to get salty. Either way the sliders will probably outlast both of us….

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Pay less for mild steel sliders and they are guaranteed to rust if you like to get salty. Either way the sliders will probably outlast both of us….
Exactly. If you go where sliders are necessary you won't be too stressed by scuffs and surface rust.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
I am not a metallurgist, but is it really a good idea to screw stainless steel parts on a steel body?
It reminds me on the proud Defender owners that change the rusty screws against stainless ones and bring the rust one level deeper in the car by doing so.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am not a metallurgist, but is it really a good idea to screw stainless steel parts on a steel body?
It reminds me on the proud Defender owners that change the rusty screws against stainless ones and bring the rust one level deeper in the car by doing so.
Galling and galvanic corrosion is real.
I've never seen a vehicle with SS steps or sliders installed.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just saw the price list for the sliders....$2200AU inc Swiss tax @ 7.7% and confirm they are stainless, weight is 30kg pair?? + $825 for the steps

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The table is $542 AU, looks ok. but not for me
Black Sheep Innovations GmbH - Klapptisch Ineos Grenadier - 04-min_1920x1920.jpgBlack Sheep Innovations GmbH - Klapptisch Ineos Grenadier - 03-min_1920x1920.jpg

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just saw the price list for the sliders....$2200AU inc Swiss tax @ 7.7% and confirm they are stainless, weight is 30kg pair?? + $825 for the steps
How much are the factory sliders, around $1700 mild steel made in China? $2200 seems a fair price to me for Swiss made in stainless.

Back
Top Bottom