The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Interesting the roof rack looks to be fixed to the grab rails rather than gutter mounts, I wonder as to the load ratings.

Cool idea, but for Australia that really isn’t going to cut it and I quite like the lockable storage box for som basic recovery gear. Their side window mounts maybe
I think having 20lt on the side may be the limit, imagine what 500klms of corrugations would do to the mounting system :unsure:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
From FB yesterday, Black Sheep announce:

Let's talk about real rocksliders!
Our latest product for the INEOS Grenadier . Well 7cm more ground freedom than the rock slider at work. Made of the finest stainless steel, so that nothing rusts even after the first scratch.... The integrated highlift footage allows the vehicle to be lifted with ease, the optional steps available make it easier to get on and access to the roof...
Starting next week there will be more info and prices!
Proudly made in Switzerland!
🇨🇭
🇨🇭
🇨🇭

342788309_1596744867494346_5268783603793028335_n.jpg
342912243_203393792434087_4767326890394046514_n.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score

Our latest product for the INEOS Grenadier . Well 7cm more ground freedom than the rock slider at work. Made of the finest stainless steel, so that nothing rusts even after the first scratch.... The integrated highlift footage allows the vehicle to be lifted with ease, the optional steps available make it easier to get on and access to the roof...
🇨🇭
🇨🇭
🇨🇭

Waaaaay better option than the factory choices. Hopefully by the time we start getting trucks Stateside, we’ll be able to get things like these simultaneously with delivery.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
Waaaaay better option than the factory choices. Hopefully, by the time we start getting trucks Stateside, we’ll be able to get things like these simultaneously with the delivery.
I think that I will be ordering before truck delivery. Then have an Ineos party where things are mounted over a weekend. I know the Jeep crew has these types of parties where a group of people gets together to drink beers and assist each other with doing work on their Jeeps.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that I will be ordering before truck delivery. Then have an Ineos party where things are mounted stuff over a weekend. I know the Jeep crew has these types of parties where a group of people gets together to drink beers and assist each other with doing work on their Jeeps. E
Brilliant idea!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
I think that I will be ordering before truck delivery. Then have an Ineos party where things are mounted over a weekend. I know the Jeep crew has these types of parties where a group of people gets together to drink beers and assist each other with doing work on their Jeeps.
We kind of do that over here in the UK, only instead of a lovely sunny day with a BBQ going and tunes playing, its generally in a mates grain barn while its pissing down outside. If your lucky someone's Mrs will drop in with some bacon sandwiches and a few warm beers

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We kind of do that over here in the UK, only instead of a lovely sunny day with a BBQ going and tunes playing, its generally in a mates grain barn while its pissing down outside. If your lucky someone's Mrs will drop in with some bacon sandwiches and a few warm beers
I do live in Seattle which in December is pissing rain and 40s. Don't have a grain barn might need to invest in one.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds good! I'll be in touch when I'm around in the summer. ;)

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
That roof rack has an interesting mounting mechanism. It looks to be clamps that instead of holding the rack up, they are clamping the rack down on to the factory roof rub rails. This means the weight of the rack and its cargo are born by the roof not those grab handles. The grab handles would only be preventing any lateral or upward motion. The max load would then be dictated by the factory roof load limits not the grab handles. Also this looks like a good solution for people who have garages that have a lower max height limit as you’re only adding minimal height to the vehicle.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
That roof rack has an interesting mounting mechanism. It looks to be clamps that instead of holding the rack up, they are clamping the rack down on to the factory roof rub rails. This means the weight of the rack and its cargo are born by the roof not those grab handles. The grab handles would only be preventing any lateral or upward motion. The max load would then be dictated by the factory roof load limits not the grab handles. Also this looks like a good solution for people who have garages that have a lower max height limit as you’re only adding minimal height to the vehicle.
Only concern would then be how you tie your cargo down. If it's too the rack, shifting load and lateral movement will be put through the handles. If it's to the handles... What are they rated at. I love the idea though. Slim is best and it's to the roof rating, no worrying about gutter rating and the like.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Assume we get all the details on Monday.

My concern with this is also less about weight downwards but catching all the weight that every bump and winds force upwards and backwards.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The factory roof loading is very good at 150kg dynamic and 420 kg static
Normally vehicles have very poor roof loading unless mounted to the dedicated fixing points
If the Black sheep system allows the roof rack to be lighter then that leaves a lot more weight available for the load.
If it is sitting on the roof it should also cut down wind noise.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
L-track around the edges suggests L-track on top as well. This may be an unconventional rack indeed!

I'm digging those side steps too.
Made in Switzerland so you will probably need to dig deep to pay for them.
Bloody expensive place to manufacture anything

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

🇨🇭
🇨🇭
🇨🇭

Better, but if they’re going to do real sliders with a step I’d prefer a decent width - big feet need something a little wider to get proper purchase.

Back
Top Bottom