The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
I got the shelf today and installed it. FedEx was less than graceful in the delivery - I'd recommend double boxing each of the components. It arrived mostly unscathed.

1000012619.jpg1000012620.jpg

It went in easily & I've carried these husky lights from home Depot in the Grenadier since I bought it. They are battery (not rechargeable) but magnetic, so they work great with the shelf.
1000012625.jpg1000012626.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting to see something shipped from Europe via FedEx... Everything I've ordered from Europe over the past 4-5 years has come DHL (and in <48hrs)

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting to see something shipped from Europe via FedEx... Everything I've ordered from Europe over the past 4-5 years has come DHL (and in <48hrs)
Agreed, I was surprised to see a FedEx international instead of DHL

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Agreed, I was surprised to see a FedEx international instead of DHL
Fedex rates are really good for oversized or weird sized items, DHL is great for smaller standardized sizes. At least thats been my experience.

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
- drawers (similar to one we have for 4Runner),
- interior panels,
- folding cargo barrier (similar to one we have for other cars - PATENTED)
- door table similar to one we have for Defender (one with MOLLE panel on front, stainless steel top and wooden slide out)
- additional sub shelf to keep FR chairs under the shelf (or other flat items), [no it doesn't rattle]
And much more (basically full product range we have in offer for other trucks check our Instagram @bisongear).

What other products would you like to see from us? Your suggestions play a crucial role in shaping our future offerings, so feel free to share your ideas with us. We appreciate your interest and support!

View attachment 7840354View attachment 7840355
View attachment 7840356View attachment 7840357
Would the stock or folding cargo barrier you mentioned work with a shelf?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is on order as well. I have rear seat recline brackets installed, and based on other experiences in this thread, I’ll probably shift the whole shelf rearward and drill two new holes for mounting with six bolts. The slots in the shelf position at such that the bulkhead doesn't seem to provide adequate headroom for rear seat passengers when you have the recline brackets… We’ll see how it goes when it gets here. I did buy a 7/8” - bit 23 mm drill bit to make the holes in the plastic trim where it will mount.

I have a wolf box G900 rear view mirror-camera so rearview visibility is not a problem at all. :)

Hopefully my dog will still have enough headroom…

Attachments

• DB53DD40-EC1C-4C43-92E6-6D6D4BA3B1E8.jpeg
    DB53DD40-EC1C-4C43-92E6-6D6D4BA3B1E8.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Mine is on order as well. I have rear seat recline brackets installed, and based on other experiences in this thread, I’ll probably shift the whole shelf rearward and drill two new holes for mounting with six bolts. The slots in the shelf position at such that the bulkhead doesn't seem to provide adequate headroom for rear seat passengers when you have the recline brackets… We’ll see how it goes when it gets here. I did buy a 7/8” - bit 23 mm drill bit to make the holes in the plastic trim where it will mount.

I have a wolf box G900 rear view mirror-camera so rearview visibility is not a problem at all. :)

Hopefully my dog will still have enough headroom…
Hi Asnes, I am installing the rear seat recline brackets. It would be great if you took photos and some measurements once you get the Bison Roof Rack / Shelf installed. I would like to see a photo and measurements showing how far back it sets relative to the rear headrests. Thanks. DaBull

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
The 2/3 length Aluminum Roof Rack will be available soon. This type of roof rack does not obstruct safari windows.
First batch will be available for sale in 3re weeks from now.

Attachments

• RR-GRND-short-1.jpg
    RR-GRND-short-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • RR-GRND-short-5.jpg
    RR-GRND-short-5.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 118
  • RR-GRND-short-2.jpg
    RR-GRND-short-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124

inganjjang

Production/Transit
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Looks impressive. Very nice.
I have strong interest in purchasing your product. I have following questions.

1. Do you ship to South Korea?
2. What is the weight of the rack?
3. What is the cost of additional aluminum panels? And how do I order them?
4. Notice there are no T bolt slots? How do u insert T bolts?.
5 . Are tracks compatible with rhino ZWIFLOC lock?

Looking forward to your reply. I will most likely preorder up on your response.

inganjjang

Production/Transit
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
I ordered mine when US reservation opened and had to cancel due to work relocation. Luckily, S Korea has a distributor. I have ordered and delivery is sometime in September. It's a field master with Rough Pack. I am buying parts before delivery and spending time researching parts. Most of the research is on roof platform and figure I share some of what I learned and hope will be helpful to others. Platform that mounts to side rail did not appear to me. I like the look of grab handle mount platform.

My preference would have been Rhino 6 platform but its not available. It"s the lightest and aerodynamic and VERY versatile design for weekend camper. 2nd preference is the Leitner but they are VERY slow to respond to inquiry. I gave up.

Than I cam across Bison Gear (what a cool name). Roof rack looks very cool. I think its the best looking platform, however. I feel its missing/lacking 2%. Following improvement would make the platform perfect.

1. 3 screws on top of the platform or behind the wind deflector looks out of place. Need to figure a way to hide or disguise.
2. Side of the rack has space to install airline track like the ones on Grenadier utility rail. They should.
3. Wiring channels. Not sure you can hide wires within the channels. I have asked. Will share. If it can, it would be prefect. If not, they should make a quick mod.

Also, they are introducing tailgate table design for Ineos in 10 days (similar to Defender). I think it will be awesome. I like their tables. Its the best bang for the buck.

I am going to order the platform, awning mount and tailgate table (when available). Unless I am dead, I will put up detail install and review sometime in September/October of all 3.

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
Following improvement would make the platform perfect.

1. 3 screws on top of the platform or behind the wind deflector looks out of place. Need to figure a way to hide or disguise.
2. Side of the rack has space to install airline track like the ones on Grenadier utility rail. They should.
3. Wiring channels. Not sure you can hide wires within the channels. I have asked. Will share. If it can, it would be prefect. If not, they should make a quick mod.
Thank you for providing your valuable input; it's incredibly helpful for us in improving our product. Let me address each of your suggestions:

1. Regarding the appearance of the screws on the platform, please note that the photo you've seen depicts a pre-production version. In the final production model, we'll be using black screws, similar to those used on the sides of the roof rack. This adjustment will significantly improve the aesthetics and seamlessly integrate the screws into the design.
  2. We carefully considered the suggestion to incorporate airline tracks on the sides of the rack. However, after thorough evaluation, we concluded that adding airline tracks doesn't significantly enhance the functionality of the roof rack. Additionally, it would increase both the weight and cost of the product. Moreover, opting for side-mounted accessories could potentially limit other installation options, such as flush-mounted scene lights, as demonstrated in the attached image.
  3. Concerning wiring channels, I'm pleased to inform you that our roof rack design does allow for wire concealment. Wires running from side to side can be discreetly routed within the crossbar channels, ensuring a clean and organized appearance. Additionally, for wires running from back to front, designated holes are incorporated for the installation of wire clips, further facilitating wire management.

We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are committed to delivering a roof rack that not only meets but exceeds your expectations. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for your valuable input.

RR-GRND-dron-9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom