The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BDM Leather and Canvas

1700422095013.png

BDM Leather and Canvas proudly design and manufacture products for a variety of industries, ensuring high quality and fit for purpose goods. We service mining, oil and gas, aviation, hospitality, emergency service, all aspects industrial and of course wholesale.

Proudly Australian owned and operated, BDM was established in 1992 in Rockingham Western Australia. Since then we have expanded and constantly invest in technology and staff development.

Campers Choice is under the umbrella of BDM which is focused on overlanding and off road specific storage bags.
This range is Australian made licensed giving you confidence in the best materials and workmanship to ensure your items are robust and ready for that next offroad adventure!
We take the opportunity to thank you for looking at our products we proudly manufacture.

Telephone: (08) 9528 7055

Email: enquiries@bdmleather.com.au

underseat6.jpg

underseat4.jpg

underseat1.jpg

underseat3.jpg

shop here for underseat bags

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has placed a pre-order or has pre-paid for their storage items.
Good news: we will begin shipping in the next few days so keep an eye out in your emails !!!!

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Shipping is in progress. Keep an eye on your emails for information. If you haven't received it yet it means your order is still in progress.
Thanks

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Quality Update: Some has queried our pricing which is absolutley fine. What id like to do is tell you our journey to help you visualize what goes into Australian manufacturing and the story behind your purchase.
We were established back in the mid 90s as a very small manufacturing team, about 4 to kick it off. Since then we have grown to a team of 16 staff and we happily manufacture predominantly for mining and industrial industries. Back in 2019 we thought we would venture into offroad and overlanding products on the same line and maintaining the same focus on Australian made for our entire journey. This branch of the business is Campers Choice.
And that leads us to June 2023 when a Grenadier owner came in and asked for some products for his vehicle that, in his opinion, was lacking internal storage solutions. After some 30 hours of R & D and multiple samples we came up with the current range of items to specifically suit the Grenadier. In line with our campers choice specifics we designed these Grenadier bags to follow suit, as it were, which is where ill tell the remainder of the story. We personally purchase from one of 3 remaining Australian mill the charcoal 11oz ripstop canvas in which we have had a relationship for some 20 years. It was developed for outdoor use so it was a given that we use these on our bags and other gear. Australian made Canvas 🟢 The accessories are all sourced from a Victorian company who source from mills, firstly in Australia and then worldwide. This includes the custom zippers, zipping and webbing handles 🟢Leather accents. Why put on leather accents to some of the gear? The interior of the Grenadiers that have the leather pack are quite luxurious and make a statement in themselves. So why not make a statement with leather accents on the undereat bags and the dash mat. Yes this adds to costs dramatically but these are items you will have with your grenadier for the life of the carand they add to the statement the Grenadier is as a standalone vehicle. And yes the leather is sourced from New Zealand 🟢 Lets talk about the humans behind the design, cutting, sewing, admin and shipping team. It started with the boss being involved, as he has 25 years experience in textiles and design, he then worked with a cutter and some machinists to get our first samples up and running. Our cutter has about 3 years experience under her belt and the machinists a combined experience in years of approx. 50 years. The admin ladies and freight team work together to ensure the communication and shipping experience is as smooth as possible and they have a combined experience in their fields of 30 + years.
So from start to finish, each product we manufacture has a touch of experience and much love for textiles, yes proudly made in our own factory, not outsourced, not made in any sweat shops. Your purchase helps us to be viable and to continue to offer our range and to constantly design and offer new products and importantly you can have confidence that the gear you purchase from us will last the test of time and where your going to take your vehicles. So from our team to you THANKYOU

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
My items arrive next week (EDIT: arrived). I decided to spend extra and get a quality product that should last the life of the vehicle.

I did the same with the saddle leather steering wheel from INEOS.

I did not really need either, but I decided to give the motor a couple of posh accessories.

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
My items arrive next week (EDIT: arrived). I decided to spend extra and get a quality product that should last the life of the vehicle.

I did the same with the saddle leather steering wheel from INEOS.

I did not really need either, but I decided to give the motor a couple of posh accessories.
We cant thank you enough for your support. The items you have purchased will last for decades. If there is ever an issue, we will be here to overcome it. Thats what we stand for!!

Joey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
I just received the under seat bags. Amazing product! Must have accessory. Thank you BDM Leather!

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I just received the under seat bags. Amazing product! Must have accessory. Thank you BDM Leather!
Thank you Joseph for the feedback. Please send us photos of how you use them and what you put in them. We couldn't do this without support like yours and this community. We are very happy that your happy with them.
THANKYOU :)

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
We are now offering some package deals for more of our range. This is the first one. To check the details on individual items they can be viewed at our website: www.camperschoice.com.au

-1 set of underseat bags ( 2 identical pieces)
-1 dash mat
-1 set of door pockets
-1 ladder rubbish bin bag
-1 combo set of clear tops
-free shipping in Australia
-$AUD RRP 1168.70 SPECIAL PRICING OF $1052
-must mention the words PACKAGE DEAL in any interest or orders placed with a direct email to joel@bdmleather.com.au This package cannot be purchased thru our website.

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: We will be exhibiting at the Perth 4wd show! Its during the month of November on the dates of the 10-12th. If your Perth based and planning to go please come and say Gday. We will have our Grenadier specific items on display as well! https://perth.4wdshow.com.au/

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else ordered from the UK.

BDM have done their bit. Today we were out when the Post Office tried to deliver. There is a note saying they want £42.06 Custom Charge for a £150 invoice (it seems very excessive - I expected £3-£4.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had this type of thing happen before. Make sure that the duty is calculated on the goods value not the insured value of the package.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Stu, I will certainly do this.
If hmrc won’t budge, speak to the vendor and they may be able to amend the declared value. I’ve managed to get this done before when an error was made.

Good luck.

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
If hmrc won’t budge, speak to the vendor and they may be able to amend the declared value. I’ve managed to get this done before when an error was made.

Good luck.
thats a good idea. Trailmaster please get in contact with freight@bdmleather.com.au to see what we can do. Sorry to hear for the excessive ridiculous charges.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Thanks BDM, the service you provided was excellent. The bags arrived as expected and I am very pleased with the product.

However the UK Border Force have totally ruined the experience, making the import from Australia unproductive. It's a shame the GIFT box wasn't ticked, this would have avoided the VAT. Had to pay postage on a £150 item from Australia plus £42.06 (see below).

Better images are above.

Attachments​

• BDM - 1.jpeg
    BDM - 1.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 18
  • BDM - 2.jpeg
    BDM - 2.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 19
  • BDM - 4.jpeg
    BDM - 4.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 20
  • BDM - 5.jpeg
    BDM - 5.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 22
  • BDM - 6.jpeg
    BDM - 6.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 20

BDM Leather

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks BDM, the service you provided was excellent. The bags arrived as expected and I am very pleased with the product.

However the UK Border Force have totally ruined the experience, making the import from Australia unproductive. It's a shame the GIFT box wasn't ticked, this would have avoided the VAT. Had to pay postage on a £150 item from Australia plus £42.06 (see below).

Better images are above.
I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. I hope the goods provide a measure of value and practicality. Thanks so much for your support with us!

Back
Top Bottom