The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Back-up camera

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Rumor on Facebook from a new owner, picked up yesterday. There was a software update that made the camera image larger. Picture posted is about half the screen now.

On side note Dave B is doing well living high posting on Facebook Austrilia chapter. He is keeping it local versus glocal.
Do we have a screen capture of this image? Or link to other thread.

I have to say, the backup image was really the only nitpick I had while test driving one down in Colorado Springs. I had zero nitpicks for the whole drive or even the offroad test drive earlier this year. Then I went to park it for them and backed into a spot. I felt the backup image was useless and just did the old methods of mirrors and knowing how to back up.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
I snaged this picture from the orginal poster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_095830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_095830_Gallery.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 215

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
My 2ct to this (Again) I consider the reverse camera at Grenadier rather a toy .. I learned to reverse using outer mirrors only. The very same for JLR discovery sport. A proper reverse camera folds in or covers itself when not in use and perhaps has auto clean brush. Anything else is just.. okay yes it’s there but... tried but failed.
The problem of illumination by registration plate lights is easy to overcome by a bit of black plastic stripe on rear bumper. I do prefer a separate reverse display instead of mirror replacement. Not yet decided.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
I certainly hope that in the next software update they make that image larger.
That's as large as it can get while still keeping the PDC on the screen... I don't believe anything is allowed to block out the left side of the display

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
If the PDC info is the problem, I’d like to see it overlayed on the image. They could put the data spread out into the four corners so you get a nice really big backup image.

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I installed the Gator GRV92MKT 9" rear view mirror. I have been using it for a few years in my other car and comes with an extra camera to mount onto the back of my trailer as well. Runs all the time and doubles as a mirror as well.
Is it a fairly easy install? Is it possible to buy it in the USA? Thanks

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Wolfbox setup seems good and I know Stu is putting together a club discount directly from the mfg. Should be announced soon.
The Wolfbox looks good but I'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig. The rear license plate bracket may be the way to go but the low position seems to not be the best. Curious what people come up with.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
The Wolfbox looks good but I'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig. The rear license plate bracket may be the way to go but the low position seems to not be the best. Curious what people come up with.
I have been your guinea pig and can highly recommend the installation of the Wolfbox or similar.
Only thing I want to improve on. Remove original mirror and using a bracket, set the Wolfbox back around 10mm to allow the plug in wires to be hidden behind the airbag module.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 175

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Cheshire cat. Did you or are you thinking about,using the universal rear mirror arm to make it look OEM?

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been your guinea pig and can highly recommend the installation of the Wolfbox or similar.
Only thing I want to improve on. Remove original mirror and using a bracket, set the Wolfbox back around 10mm to allow the plug in wires to be hidden behind the airbag module.
Is it fairly easy to wire the rear camera? Did you use the fuse box below steering or the one under the rear seat? @Cheshire cat thanks for the image, looks great.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wolfbox also sells an wiring kit that allows you to wire directly to battery with built in fuse.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
edited (answered) nvm :) prefer using odb as automatically shuts off, parking mode, auto reverse (assuming more than 1 channel)

Edit:
Wolfbox also sells an wiring kit that allows you to wire directly to battery with built in fuse.
yes, seems only options are Lighter or Fuse box. I looked all over their site for an odb2 wire kit. seems they instead rely on piggybacking of fuse box.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Your install is nice but I need all the roof clearance I can get as this is will be my daily and the garage at work is 82".

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone used the OBD2 power adapter from Wolfbox? Using a Y cable would also allow to keep the OBD2 port open for dianostics without having to unplug the Wolfbox.

Back
Top Bottom